{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ricky Miller

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Vice President » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:24 pm

daddycool wrote:He could be anything from a 25 goal man to crap or banned for any number of reasons.
If he keeps fit etc he could play well off Pope.

I am not too fussed about losing out on Miller, but thinking about it .... Pope and Miller could be a dangerous combination.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:06 pm

I reckon the thing with miller is that he’ll no doubt score for fun in this league if he can keep His head straight...but this is by no means predictable. I would have signed him without hesitation and I think we have made a massive mistake as it can’t be that difficult to put a contract together that gave us an ‘out’ if he ‘misbehaved’...
On we go though with what we have...I just hope we have a ‘goal scorer’ lined up though as we are looking very dodgy as things stand...with hemmings gone, just relying on Rose and angol is very worrying
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby PRL13 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:31 pm

We could well regret not keeping Miller and keeping Angol!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:35 pm

angol will come good
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby edwinscott » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:48 pm

PRL13 wrote:We could well regret not keeping Miller and keeping Angol!

And we could be thankful of it if Miller goes off the rails after a couple of months and Angol scores 20 by the end of the season, but that’s football!!
edwinscott
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:26 am

Vice President wrote:
daddycool wrote:He could be anything from a 25 goal man to crap or banned for any number of reasons.

I am not too fussed about losing out on Miller, but thinking about it .... Pope and Miller could be a dangerous combination.

I'd imagine rick'll fall off the rails pretty quick if he's not a starter. Then the toys'll come out of t'pram and the bottle will come out again.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:13 am

We'll at least be able to keep track of his goals on here.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:50 am

Beano wrote:We'll at least be able to keep track of his goals on here.

Along with Kane Hemmings, Kristian Dennis, Mason Bennett, James Collins, Billy Kee, John Akinde, Luke Beckett etc etc .................
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:11 am

Vice President wrote:

I think your spot on VP we couldn't handle Pope on his own in a raspberry side so what's that pair going to be like working together up front..... missed out big time on Miller n as for Angol fgs hes lazy uninterested cant jump cant head a ball n his decision making ive seen quicker internet dial up getting there 1st. I feel sorry for poor old Danny Rose he was burnt out in February last season God help him still being on top form come December with Angol on the same pitch......

Or

DF is going to play 4 5 1 then the lack of strikers incoming makes sense....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:24 am

SINA STAG wrote:
Vice President wrote:

I think your spot on VP we couldn't handle Pope on his own in a raspberry side so what's that pair going to be like working together up front..... missed out big time on Miller n as for Angol fgs hes lazy uninterested cant jump cant head a ball n his decision making ive seen quicker internet dial up getting there 1st. I feel sorry for poor old Danny Rose he was burnt out in February last season God help him still being on top form come December with Angol on the same pitch......

Or

Have faith in Flitters, SINA. Have faith.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:33 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
Vice President wrote:

Or

Have faith in Flitters, SINA. Have faith.

In DF I trust Angol up front on evidence of last season especially with goals drying up when Rosie was cream crackered you would have thought Angol would be busting a gut to prove to a new manager he wanted to lead the line.... but besides the game away at Yeovil he was anonimus on the pitch didn't look interested zero effort.... with that evidence stacked against him I say the majority of Stag fans will want convincing there's a goal scorer under that hair.

The Jury is out.....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:31 pm

Port Vale have had to pay a fee to Peterborough for Miller. It is undisclosed, so could be a small fee. He may have been worth the gamble as a free, but I think we are right not to pay a fee for him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Port Vale have had to pay a fee to Peterborough for Miller. It is undisclosed, so could be a small fee. He may have been worth the gamble as a free, but I think we are right not to pay a fee for him.

And especially paying anything to Peterborough :evil:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:34 pm

I think the best bet, when we play Port Vale, is to meet Miller and offer him a pint or eight before the game. Let him self destruct and the rest is easy.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:52 pm

It's all very well and good signing Miller with a get out clause but what happens when he falls off the wagon in September. We wouldn't be able to sign a replacement until January.

If we are to go with a smaller squad and youth, then every player has to be committed and dependable with no passengers. His disqualification could also be an issue if he wasn't living locally.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:35 am

Was it only a year ago we had the same debates about buying a striker and saying we are stuck with rose.
Every player released or looking for a new contract are being paid til the end of June.
What's the rush?
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:48 am

We failed last season because Angol was largely a joke. Very little interest. Miller showed more in a couple of games than Angol did all season. Danny can`t do it all on his own!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:21 am

chip63 wrote:Was it only a year ago we had the same debates about buying a striker and saying we are stuck with rose.
Every player released or looking for a new contract are being paid til the end of June.
What's the rush?

Because this is Stagsnet, where many an actor gets to hone their talent before making it to the big screen Soap Operas :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:27 am

Amber Andy wrote:Port Vale have had to pay a fee to Peterborough for Miller. It is undisclosed, so could be a small fee. He may have been worth the gamble as a free, but I think we are right not to pay a fee for him.

100% agree Andy.

For an unproven striker he wasn't worth a fee, especially to Posh. And I seriously doubt he'd have signed on low enough wages and with a clause to drop him the first sign of trouble.

Just shows how desperate fans are becoming if Miller is considered a great loss.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:57 am

Why oh why oh why would any of our fans want us to give the triage of bullshite that is Evans-MacAnthony-Fry any more of our cash?

Are some of you so desperate for a signing that you'd piss your morals on to a live train track?

I'd have to think twice before giving that crowd my excrement.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:58 am

Have always had your view re Miller Mr Mutiny.

My concern is, it seems, we have not made any progress re bringing in a dependable striker.
Yes, money will be a stumbling block and there is a great deal of cash tied up in the wages of players DF doesn't want. None the less, we do need two strikers and at least one has to be a consistant threat, not someone with a poor scoring record. Akinde, Bent and Bogle are, as far as I am aware, still available.
I would not be bothered if we kept the likes of Anderson, Digby and maybe Diamond but we do need to add the goal threat that's been missing for some years, other clubs get them why not us?

As for the owner and CEO, they do seem to swan off regularly at this important time of the year for a football club, Portugal, Monacco, Royal Ascot etc, hope their mobiles are charged and their minds clear when agents of notable strikers call, if they call.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:06 am

I agree with you Oldsweststander. I'd be happy enough for us to keep all of the transfer listed lads and bring in 1 or 2 strikers only. Bishop should be the significant midfield signing.

Wouldn't be unhappy to recruit a young, hungry and untried lad released by a top flight academy.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:17 am

You mean like Greenacre - he couldn’t get in City’s reserves when he came here

I understand that Angol is not necessarily a busy striker but he scores goals. Statistically he will get 15 -20 a season.

There is no evidence that Miller will do this and Luton and Peterborough have moved him on

All the above are facts
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:18 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Why oh why oh why would any of our fans want us to give the triage of bullshite that is Evans-MacAnthony-Fry any more of our cash?

Are some of you so desperate for a signing that you'd piss your morals on to a live train track?

I'd have to think twice before giving that crowd my excrement.

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t care if they offered us Messi for a tenner. Not a penny goes their way
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:41 pm

PRL13 wrote:We failed last season because Angol was largely a joke. Very little interest. Miller showed more in a couple of games than Angol did all season. Danny can`t do it all on his own!

Angol scored more goals in 2 games than Miller scored in 30 games for 3 different clubs. Never was and never will be the answer
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum