{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Annual Awards night - MTFC

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:34 pm

:)

User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:42 pm

User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby Kernow » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Not for fans just sponsors, joke.
Kernow
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:06 pm

I highly doubt any tickets were ever available
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2955
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:07 pm

Kernow wrote:Not for fans just sponsors, joke.


Don't you put that every year, haven't you got used to it?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5222
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby Kernow » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:46 pm

Not the point though is it. For 4 years I supported the event with a table of ten, then no room at the inn. I know about the Sandy Pate event but it is not the same. If the event has become that big we need a bigger location. Never mind I will spend my money some were else.
Kernow
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby BELSE » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:57 pm

Well said Kernow
BELSE
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby Tre Cool » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:10 pm

It wouldn't be held anywhere else as I'd imagine the club would have to pay for room hire.
User avatar
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:38 pm
Location: Wingerworth

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby Kernow » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:54 pm

It would be self financing. The events at Portland Training College and Civic Center were a success.
Kernow
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:20 am

Kernow wrote:It would be self financing. The events at Portland Training College and Civic Center were a success.


100% agree, not even had the opportunity these last few years after supporting it from the very start.
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7945
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby joey bananas » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:35 am

Went on a couple of these a few years ago and to be honest I found them a bit of a let down. Players generally didn't want to be there and certainly most didn't want to mix with fans... Our table was supposed to have a player on with us but obviously we weren't important enough on the night (thank god) . Players drifted off to a table in the corner on their own after about half an hour anyway.
At the time only Jamie McGuire stayed with his table which is a credit to the lad he is.
We all know that money talks and that's fair enough as sponsors put a lot of their hard earned cash in to the club, most being local people and not faceless multi nationals as well.
The only solution would be to have 2 different nights so the fans who want to attend can do so. I would also put the fans night on first as I could see it being a flop if the fans had second dibs.
The club would make more money also.
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:26 pm
Location: church warsop

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby Chimney » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:48 am

Tend to agree Joey, I would rather be whipped with barbed wire (electrified) than attend
Summers here, bra-less petite blondes in short skirts and skimpy pink tops
Chimney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2938
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:13 pm
Location: Up the dirtiest darkest chimney I can find

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby m1cksut » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:23 am

vicar jeremiah wrote:Tend to agree Joey, I would rather be whipped with barbed wire (electrified) than attend



to be fair, (if the writing on the toilet walls is accurate) you would rather be whipped with barbed wire than do a lot of things!
flagellation (self or otherwise) is not the route to purity!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
User avatar
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:18 pm

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby Chander Lear » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:40 am

Kernow wrote:Not the point though is it. For 4 years I supported the event with a table of ten, then no room at the inn. I know about the Sandy Pate event but it is not the same. If the event has become that big we need a bigger location. Never mind I will spend my money some were else.


£15 to watch folk eating their snap, live on big screen in the SPB - No thanks
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3338
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby Blidworth Stag » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Kernow wrote:It would be self financing. The events at Portland Training College and Civic Center were a success.


How on earth can the club make the same money when they use another venue they have to pay for the room hire, food per head and lose money on bar sales
Blidworth Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 9:48 am

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby Blidworth Stag » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:49 pm

joey bananas wrote:Went on a couple of these a few years ago and to be honest I found them a bit of a let down. Players generally didn't want to be there and certainly most didn't want to mix with fans... Our table was supposed to have a player on with us but obviously we weren't important enough on the night (thank god) . Players drifted off to a table in the corner on their own after about half an hour anyway.
At the time only Jamie McGuire stayed with his table which is a credit to the lad he is.
We all know that money talks and that's fair enough as sponsors put a lot of their hard earned cash in to the club, most being local people and not faceless multi nationals as well.
The only solution would be to have 2 different nights so the fans who want to attend can do so. I would also put the fans night on first as I could see it being a flop if the fans had second dibs.
The club would make more money also.


The Sandy Pate option is just as good and am certain the players will visit the room
Blidworth Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 9:48 am

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:08 pm

Reluctantly turn up for work and have to sit all night with folks that have probably called them raspberries all season?

What's wrong with modern players? Bah.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9289
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby Big yella » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:45 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Reluctantly turn up for work and have to sit all night with folks that have probably called them raspberries all season?

What's wrong with modern players? Bah.

Zander was really looking forward to sitting next to frontrowhero, or so I'm told. ;)
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3619
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby stag861 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:39 am

I'm sure Spirites have seats available at their awards night dinner.
stag861
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:50 am

Re: Annual Awards night - MTFC

Postby The SSA » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:39 pm

At this moment SSA have 8 places available for this night. If interested in attending email info@thessa.org
SSA Members Raised Over £100,000 for MTFC!

Stags 17/18 Matchday Pin Badges info@thessa.org
User avatar
The SSA
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:48 pm
Location: Mansfield


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests