{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

message from Derbyshire police

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

message from Derbyshire police

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:01 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16511
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby lancer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:09 pm

Says they are getting support from South Yorkshire police.
No bias policing then towards the "Scabs" then I hope ?
User avatar
lancer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby adamstag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:18 pm

Basically they're a suburb of Sheffield anyway, they've even got a Sheffield postcode.

Taking into account according to Notts police it's "illegal" to hold fans back, I wonder if it'll happen here?
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5831
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 pm

Certainly could be construed that way. Why not use Notts police?
Unless it's a postcode thing?
Mr Grimsdale
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby Sneag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:33 pm

lancer wrote:Says they are getting support from South Yorkshire police.
No bias policing then towards the "Scabs" then I hope ?


West Yorks Mounties.

To be fair to the bloke at least he was trying to explain their thought process.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby tmwilson » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:58 pm

lancer wrote:Says they are getting support from South Yorkshire police.
No bias policing then towards the "Scabs" then I hope ?



Went to Rotherham away in the 90s and nipped to the toilet as the game was going on. Rotherham fans were shouting scabs and as i passed two coppers away from the crowd , they both joined in with the chant .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1870
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby chambta » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:03 pm

lancer wrote:Says they are getting support from South Yorkshire police.
No bias policing then towards the "Scabs" then I hope ?


It said West Yorkshire.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:44 am

Have no fear, chaps. PC “I’m locking the gate” Gabbitas will be there.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby wardy12345 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 am

Im surprised they are going to be selling pints in the ground during the game
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:27 am

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:17 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:Certainly could be construed that way. Why not use Notts police?
Unless it's a postcode thing?


Forces who do not have a horse section themselves have agreements with other Forces to utilise their function when needed. This will be a regular thing they call upon with West Yorks. Horse units are becoming less and less common in UK Forces.

I saw this video got quite a panning on Facebook. Personally, I think it's quite good - it's open, clear and welcoming whilst trying to deliver the message he wants to get across.
User avatar
Birminghamstag10
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby stag861 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:27 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Have no fear, chaps. PC “I’m locking the gate” Gabbitas will be there.

Thought he'd lost the key
stag861
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:50 am

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby geoffhill » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:42 am

Very good video.Message is just behave, we have a few idiots who can spoil the day for the rest of us.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:47 am

geoffhill wrote:Very good video.Message is just behave, we have a few idiots who can spoil the day for the rest of us.
I agree Geoff. This is a massive game for both clubs.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:16 am

Our group of morons have absolutely no intention of behaving. I suppose the same is true of theirs.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby Amberheart » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:39 am

No mention of what time the turnstiles will open , I would have thought earlier the better seeing as we are bringing a much larger following ?!
a stag is a proud & noble beast
User avatar
Amberheart
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby Waggy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:08 pm

adamstag wrote:Basically they're a suburb of Sheffield anyway, they've even got a Sheffield postcode.

Taking into account according to Notts police it's "illegal" to hold fans back, I wonder if it'll happen here?


A bit like we're a superb of Nottingham then Adam, with our Nottingham postcode :lol:

The things that people find to hurl as an insult to opposition fans, never fails to amaze me

Chant for tomorrow 'You've got a Dee-Dah postcode'. That'll show 'em ;)
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
User avatar
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby yorkstag » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Good message and sensible . I think there will be a heavy Police presence around the ground and in town - oh and hopefully at the station as I will be travelling by train
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby Foxy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:32 pm

What time will them shutters come down on the kiosks?

I'm going for 12:45
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5133
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby Bradders » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:56 pm

Seems like a reasonable briefing. Unfortunately the troublemakers won't be interested, but at least it gives the rest of us some faith that the police will be there to clamp down on trouble rather than as in the old days when they went out of their way to cause it (yes, I remember Rotherham too!).
User avatar
Bradders
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby yorkstag » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Funnily enough Rotherham came to mind for me
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:35 am

see you all in the Vic

on a way.....
we’re on our way
to the raspberry hole
we’re on our way
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7614
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Disgraceful organisation by the police after the match. If you are going to hold fans back then hold them back. Don’t allow them into a space only big enough for about 1000 people and have them crushed together either outside or inside near the exits with nowhere to go.
I’m surprised nobody got hurt.
halifaxstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:18 am

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:17 pm

halifaxstag wrote:Disgraceful organisation by the police after the match. If you are going to hold fans back then hold them back. Don’t allow them into a space only big enough for about 1000 people and have them crushed together either outside or inside near the exits with nowhere to go.
I’m surprised nobody got hurt.
I thought the same. Good job our fans were patient as it could have been nasty. I know what a sardine feels like now. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby Sneag » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:Disgraceful organisation by the police after the match. If you are going to hold fans back then hold them back. Don’t allow them into a space only big enough for about 1000 people and have them crushed together either outside or inside near the exits with nowhere to go.
I’m surprised nobody got hurt.
I thought the same. Good job our fans were patient as it could have been nasty. I know what a sardine feels like now. :)


What time did they finally move? Our lass played the diabetic card & the let us through. Walking back to the car there was a Spireite to be seen.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:Disgraceful organisation by the police after the match. If you are going to hold fans back then hold them back. Don’t allow them into a space only big enough for about 1000 people and have them crushed together either outside or inside near the exits with nowhere to go.
I’m surprised nobody got hurt.
I thought the same. Good job our fans were patient as it could have been nasty. I know what a sardine feels like now. :)


What time did they finally move? Our lass played the diabetic card & the let us through. Walking back to the car there was a Spireite to be seen.

We were still in the ground at 20 past 3 but got out and squeezed between the coaches not long after that.
halifaxstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:18 am

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 14 guests