{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

message from Derbyshire police

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: message from Derbyshire police

Postby Bradders » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Finally got out from the holding pen after about 35 minutes wait.
On the street next to the Spireite pub was a large contingent of spireites baying for blood (the best part of an hour after full time). Police were in place holding them back, thankfully. Ugly looking lot.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:42 pm

So we now know that away fans CAN be held back and there is no excuse for Nottinghamshire police not to impliement it.

Coventry and Chesterfield have both done it to us.

Our police just need to hold away fans back for 10 minutes and problems solved. I assume notts police will take heed of this and implement this.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Nearly keeled over on the red hot bus after the game after sitting on their for best part of an hour
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Forever Optimistic » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:19 pm

Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PRL13 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Absolute disgrace with no communication! It was apparently due to the knobhead young lads that were being boisterous. A bit like Notts. a few weeks ago. Said I`d never go there again and I feel the same about Chesterfield.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:32 pm

We sat in our seats in the east stand till it was empty but the stewards asked us to leave . I commented how polite they were and they wished us a safe journey. Their were seven of us and little did we know what then awaited us. Crammed into a holding area were we could hardly breath and I wondered how less fit people than us felt, it was awful. I,m in my late fifties and after about 20 minutes was glad to escape through the gaps between buses. It was a nervy walk into town with the odd idiots in side streets looking for trouble. Credit to the police for being in sight outside the local pubs.
CassellsCap
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:18 pm

PRL13 wrote:Absolute disgrace with no communication! It was apparently due to the knobhead young lads that were being boisterous. A bit like Notts. a few weeks ago. Said I`d never go there again and I feel the same about Chesterfield.

You won't be missed youth
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:25 pm

We came out and walked along Sheffield Rd past the yokels frothing at the mouth. Our fans were mocking them and they got a bit emo and started lobbing pint glasses at us. Then it nearly went off at the next pub, the Donkey Derby, but fair play to the police for keeping the fans apart. Didn't see any actual fighting all day.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stiff as a Dearden » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:11 am

At the front the police were letting women, children and the elderly out first.

Like being on the titanic !

That sunk like the spireites too.
Stiff as a Dearden
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkstag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:11 am

I was directed to the Victoria pub in town before the game which was apparently our pub. I was a bit annoyed that we were prevented from leaving kept waiting and then bussed to the ground at 2.30. I also recognise the comments relating to the end of game experience.

However on reflection you would have to say the game was well policed with potential for trouble minimised. I walked back to the station and tbh never felt threatened with two groups of scummers being controlled by police.

As stated there was also a police presence outside each pub along the route. I would think the police were very happy with their efforts.
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:48 am

I think by and large they did well. The only thing they did wrong IMO was kettling the fans outside the ground for 20 minutes too long.
When you coral people like that the mood can turn ugly very quickly (which is why they do it when they want an excuse to bust heads). Imagine being penned like that if we'd lost?
A better option would have been a tannoy announcement telling everyone to stay put for 10-15 minutes with the stadium gates shut. Folk can have a pint & a pee while they wait & the police can send half of the guys they had containing us to disperse the home hooligan element (such as it was).

Still much better than last time re crowd trouble & nothing that can't be improved when we play AFC Chesterfield in 2030/31 :lol:
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:34 am

Agreed could have been told to wait in our seats for 15 minutes. Could have explained what was happening.

Overall the policing made me feel safe. The stewards were friendly and not over bearing.

If we miss out on promotion and Notts go up next season will be a poor one for away games. The police will be happy but the club's will lose a lot of income.
sunray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jimstag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:01 am

PRL13 wrote:Absolute disgrace with no communication! It was apparently due to the knobhead young lads that were being boisterous. A bit like Notts. a few weeks ago. Said I`d never go there again and I feel the same about Chesterfield.

Don’t worry it could be a while before we have to go back now.
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum