{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

When did you last cry ?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: When did you last cry ?

Postby Amberheart » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:00 am

Chris M wrote:Easy one for me. Losing play off semi final against York City. We had had a great run only to fall at the second to last hurdle. Honestly, in a state of shock for three days, then the tears started! The realisation that we had to play another season out of the Football League was too much to bear. No tears since that day though. After forty one years watching Stags still reasonably sane!

Me too , that one really hurt ! But tears of joy the season after :)
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby ftybr68 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:37 am

After the play off defeat v Huddersfield! Stood in commentary box
Sobbing my socks off whilst a chap from radio Notts stood
There dancing to a tune in his headphones
Not giving two hoots that stags had lost
ftybr68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Big yella » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:48 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Almost now. Lost my wallet in Bradford. Had mine and the nippers Spireite tickets in it.

Doomy are you sorted mate? The club have had a few returned to them and are available till 3pm today. If you need I will go get them for you. Will PM you too.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:37 pm

FA Cup Quarter Final, 8th March 1969 - 58th minute when Rodney Fern headed the winning goal for Leicester City past Dave Hollins.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:Italia '90, England v W. Germany, pen shootout. I was 11 years old.

Same. I was 14 and went totally berserk. Now we’re used to them losing lol
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby dublin » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:FA Cup Quarter Final, 8th March 1969 - 58th minute when Rodney Fern headed the winning goal for Leicester City past Dave Hollins.

Same as Tippy Tappy for me, mind you I was only 8 at the time.
Been driven to distraction many times since but no tears although I think I was nearly there walking out of Wembley in 87
dublin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:26 pm

Big yella wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Almost now. Lost my wallet in Bradford. Had mine and the nippers Spireite tickets in it.

Doomy are you sorted mate? The club have had a few returned to them and are available till 3pm today. If you need I will go get them for you. Will PM you too.

Thanks for this mate, a great gesture much appreciated. I've been on a course in Bradford all week and haven't managed to see any updates. However, I've been very fortunate and the friend who originally picked them up has managed to get them replaced by chesterfield fc, so me and the rabid youngster will be there.

You are one of several people that have offered help. Thanks to all of you, you know who you are. In return I promise you all three points tomorrow, one good deed deserves another.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:43 pm

Stagsnet community gets a lot of deserved flak. It is nice to read in this thread the dignity, compassion & kindness its folk are capable of showing.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:47 pm

It's there somewhere in us all, even whiffy deep down is an ok guy and if he had the chance to do a favour for one of us I imagine he'd deliver. Don't let all this nasty poke your eye out stuff fool you, he's a big softy deep down. Glad Doomy's sorted, we need everyone there.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:42 am

Cried (well I think I did) yesterday evening when I looked at the bottom of Lge2. Sort of welled up inside me and tears were rolling down my cheeks :rofl: :rofl:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:47 am

I have to go on record as thanking not only my mate Oz, but also MTFC and in particular ch*****field fc who bent over backwards to make sure that I had our tickets replaced. They were all a credit and very accommodating.

I might have been in tears had I missed the trip.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum