{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Flitcroft and Danny Rose press conf Thur 12 Apr

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Flitcroft and Danny Rose press conf Thur 12 Apr

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:01 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Flitcroft press conf Thur 12 Apr

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:03 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:05 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:08 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:08 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Flitcroft and Danny Rose press conf Thur 12 Apr

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:11 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:12 am

video of part of the Flitcroft interview ---> https://www.facebook.com/mansfieldtownf ... 191794910/
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:15 am

video of part of the Rose interview ---> https://www.facebook.com/mansfieldtownf ... 217154910/
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:20 am

meanwhile over the border it's all about the miners' strike ...

Dennis out to score in front of the Stags fans and ‘shut them up’
Derbyshire Times, by GRAHAM SMYTH, Thursday 12 April 2018

Kristian Dennis is out to silence the Mansfield Town fans with a derby day goal on Saturday, with the memories of his first trip to Field Mill still fresh in his mind.

Going into that game Dennis had scored in each of his previous six League Two outings, but the Chesterfield striker didn’t manage to hit the net in the 2-2 draw with the Stags, instead having to settle for putting Andy Kellett’s headed goal on a plate. The lead up to that November clash was an education for the 28-year-old, who was unaware of how fierce the rivalry between the clubs was and how the miners’ strike has played a part in it.

“Now I do (understand the rivalry), I’ve heard about why. We learned about that the week before the previous game. “They went to work when people around here didn’t.

“I had no clue whatsoever and wondered why there was so much hatred and the manager told us.”

But even with the benefit of a heads up from boss Jack Lester, Dennis was still startled by the strength of feeling in the stands when he walked out at Field Mill.

Read more at: https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... -1-9110550

And with that in mind, he’d love to score in front of the visiting supporters this weekend. “I didn’t realise how much hatred there was between the fans until we got there and they were giving us all sorts going on the pitch, coming off the pitch,” he said. “Scoring one in front of them wouldn’t be bad – shut them up.” Scoring in a Town victory over the Stags could be vital in helping Dennis avoid a return to non-league football, from where he was signed by the club. “No chance I want to go back there,” he said. “I’ve got to keep scoring and hopefully help us pick results up towards the end of the season and we’ll stay up.”

-----------------------
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:23 am

No galvanizing?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:31 am

I hope our manager can raise our players in a more sensible manner than bringing up the miner's strike. My father was involved in it, and yes some Notts miners actually stayed off work. Besides many supporters weren't even born then. It obviously raised their players last time but I hope perpetuating the hatred doesn't work this time. I suppose desperate times means desperate measures. But it's time to move on.
Last edited by Amber Andy on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:32 am

Martin Shaw wrote:meanwhile over the border it's all about the miners' strike ...

Kristian Dennis is out to silence the Mansfield Town fans with a derby day goal on Saturday, with the memories of his first trip to Field Mill still fresh in his mind.

Going into that game Dennis had scored in each of his previous six League Two outings, but the Chesterfield striker didn’t manage to hit the net in the 2-2 draw with the Stags, instead having to settle for putting Andy Kellett’s headed goal on a plate. The lead up to that November clash was an education for the 28-year-old, who was unaware of how fierce the rivalry between the clubs was and how the miners’ strike has played a part in it.

“Now I do (understand the rivalry), I’ve heard about why. We learned about that the week before the previous game. “They went to work when people around here didn’t.

“I had no clue whatsoever and wondered why there was so much hatred and the manager told us.”

But even with the benefit of a heads up from boss Jack Lester, Dennis was still startled by the strength of feeling in the stands when he walked out at Field Mill.

And with that in mind, he’d love to score in front of the visiting supporters this weekend. “I didn’t realise how much hatred there was between the fans until we got there and they were giving us all sorts going on the pitch, coming off the pitch,” he said. “Scoring one in front of them wouldn’t be bad – shut them up.” Scoring in a Town victory over the Stags could be vital in helping Dennis avoid a return to non-league football, from where he was signed by the club. “No chance I want to go back there,” he said. “I’ve got to keep scoring and hopefully help us pick results up towards the end of the season and we’ll stay up.”

-----------------------

Now you've lit the fuse good and proper Marty. :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stags87 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:32 am

He says he didn't have a clue what the rivalry was all about. It seems he still has no idea!
stags87
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby old ram stag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:44 am

that press conference was not inspiring, just football chatter they say what they are expected to say, "we buy into flitcroft" where is the evidence of that ?
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:19 am

Amber Andy wrote:I hope our manager can raise our players in a more sensible manner than bringing up the miner's strike. My father was involved in it, and yes some Notts miners actually stayed off work. Besides many supporters weren't even born then. It obviously raised their players last time but I hope perpetuating the hatred doesn't work this time. I suppose desperate times means desperate measures. But it's time to move on.

Quite Andy, in today's society I think that is an absolutely disgraceful interview (i was a miner and his tone really doesn't bother me though), as you say real desperation.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:21 am

What a game to score the winner.

What a game to get your first win.

Here's hoping Flitcroft does the business and proves he's got what it takes to carry on with the job.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:41 am

Please please please David, this Saturday then onwards from there

Get a win Saturday and I think the fans will give you a chance

Lose, then I can’t see any way forward for you
West Ham 1969
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Nice to know it has been confirmed by Flip Flop that Penney is back at Hillsborough in not so many words.
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby london amber stag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:02 pm

That article needs to be pinned up on the dressing room wall. I remember when a certain Mr Noble from Notts County said something similar not so long ago!!
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:meanwhile over the border it's all about the miners' strike ...

-----------------------

Now you've lit the fuse good and proper Marty. :lol:

Well as a striking miner in Notts supporting Stags, if he wants to celebrate in from of me I will be quite happy to knock him out.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby CassellsCap » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:38 pm

The article in the paper is in bad taste and shows no class. He ( Dennis ) wasn’t even born during the miners strike and as part of his education I would like him to know a lot of stags fans like myself didn’t work during the miners strike yet have had to put up with scab chants ever since.. I had friends who worked but by that time their families were desperate and I would never judge them. Everyone had their reasons. Let it go and move on . Hope we shut you up when you go into the non league pit of misery.
CassellsCap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:50 pm

CassellsCap wrote:The article in the paper is in bad taste and shows no class. He ( Dennis ) wasn’t even born during the miners strike and as part of his education I would like him to know a lot of stags fans like myself didn’t work during the miners strike yet have had to put up with scab chants ever since.. I had friends who worked but by that time their families were desperate and I would never judge them. Everyone had their reasons. Let it go and move on . Hope we shut you up when you go into the non league pit of misery.
Well said.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:44 pm

Thing is we get this scabs crap everywher e ,but when i left pleasley because my dad was a miner we moved to notts and all the miners were geordies welsh ,yorkies or jocks ,then we get all the grief it does make me laugh
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum