{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

My Prediction

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: My Prediction

Postby Foxy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:46 pm

I'm with Mutiny on this one. It's pointless keep digging Phillippe Philloppe out anymore and booting him on the floor. Look We know, he knows, the players know, JR and Cazza knows, the kids and their pets know.

We've just got to get behind em the best we can for the rest of the season.

:coys:
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:51 am

but he cannot buy a win with a team that Fatty had winning week in week out!, the same bloody players
something is blatantly wrong with his management, players formation or tactics, whichever it is we haven’t won a bloody game, and that’s what managers are judged on.
Sooooooo nil wins = sack him
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:18 am

yorkshire stag wrote:but he cannot buy a win with a team that Fatty had winning week in week out!, the same bloody players
something is blatantly wrong with his management, players formation or tactics, whichever it is we haven’t won a bloody game, and that’s what managers are judged on.

Ball hocks. You have no idea what’s going on in the dressing room do you ? Your knee jerk reaction is daft and typical. You are Captain Impatient. You need to be a little more long sighted.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:21 am

Well it seems we have a good squad, and a good management according to some, and we should keep them all.
Glad that's settled, I was getting worried that we might need wholesale surgery in the summer to get back what fading confidence is apparent in much of the fanbase.
I feel much better that in the long term, and even if we lose to a desperate win or bust Chesterfield side on Saturday, that all is well in the long run.
My faith is restored........
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:15 am

bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:but he cannot buy a win with a team that Fatty had winning week in week out!, the same bloody players

Ball hocks. You have no idea what’s going on in the dressing room do you ? Your knee jerk reaction is daft and typical. You are Captain Impatient. You need to be a little more long sighted.

What is clear about the dressing room is they reacted to the 'fear factor' with Evans, but under Flitcroft there is none. Like somebody mentioned on another thread - White straight away saying it's more relaxed, Byrom and Anderson the same in the interviews straight after he came in. His methods don't 'galvanise' (to quote Flitcroft himself) the side and they think they've got an easy ride cos he isn't going to have a go at them or drop them and that's lead to a notable drop off in intensity and performances. Whether you liked how Evans went about things or not is up to you but there's absolutely no doubting Evans knew how to get this side going, and Flitcroft seemingly doesn't.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tinman » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:33 am

Start of the season we were asked our predictions for a finishing position.

I said 9th, unfortunately it's looking that could be the case.

Prove me wrong Stags
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:23 am

bellwhiff wrote:

ya best post yet !!!!! :lol:

of course it’s one of the above take ya rose tinted i’m always right specs off sargent clapper
take a moment for this little gem to sink in
NO WINS AT ALL UNDER FLIP FLOP
we are a joke atm
buck stops with him
sack him JR
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:48 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:Well it seems we have a good squad, and a good management according to some, and we should keep them all.
Glad that's settled, I was getting worried that we might need wholesale surgery in the summer to get back what fading confidence is apparent in much of the fanbase.
I feel much better that in the long term, and even if we lose to a desperate win or bust Chesterfield side on Saturday, that all is well in the long run.
My faith is restored........

Don't think anyone is saying that Grimmy? You accused me of being so knowing and authoritative and then do the same - welcome to KnowItAllVille, I was getting lonely sitting here all by myself :P

Would you say the players are bad, given results prior to Evans departure? Likewise, would you say DF was inept given his past history of promotions?

I'd be genuinely interested to know how you would play this if you were JR, up until season and beyond. I think it fair to consider things like £££, what you'd do with current squad and current /next manager. I'm just a bit concerned that those asking to replace DF presume a **** load of stuff and that ultimately it'll all come right from doing it.

I'm just concerned when you start to slide on ice you don't try larger corrective actions without fear it'll spin out of control.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:08 am

We’ll be playing Chesterfield in the league next season
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:30 pm

Oh no we won't.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:40 pm

1 down 6 to go to the 1st Division

Sitting 7th already above Lincoln

Next team to catch..... The bed wetters....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum