{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

My Prediction

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

My Prediction

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:31 pm

I still say the Stags will finish above Notts County n Lincoln City this season

Even if we don't get a win tonight at Stevenage....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Re: My Prediction

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:44 pm

I like your confidence
CassellsCap
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby jr senior » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:00 pm

I take it your glass is half full....mine's half empty!
jr senior
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Surfingstag1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:12 pm

It's lovey to read positive comments such as this for a change
but
I think we're going into the playoffs it's via the 7th spot
No problems because if we do we'll be back to winning ways and the confidence will be up
COYS
Surfingstag1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:18 pm

jr senior wrote:I take it your glass is half full....mine's half empty!

My glass is currently being crushed at the recycle plant ;)

I'd like to think we could tho
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:24 pm

I want to be optimistic I really do.

I keep telling myself that surely we can pull out this nosedive and get the team playing as they were before. That said the reality of it is that I am struggling to see just how we can bring about such a drastic change in form on the back of such a horrendous run. It will need a pretty much unprecedented change in form to turn this around - 3/4 wins from 5 games for a team that hasn't won since mid February!! Is it 0 wins in 8 games?? On the face of it, the odds don't look good do they?! One thing we have on our side is the list of remaining opponents compared to those had during the poor run, but I thought that before the Crewe 1st half horror show. Again though, the second half showing showed as it did v Luton and Accy that it can be done.... Who knows? We were promised a rollercoaster!
Birminghamstag10
First Team
First Team

Postby spanishstag » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:47 pm

I wholeheartedly agree ,i wouldn,t put money on it ,but i think we have got to turn the corner soon , apart from the blinkered lot ,i am certain that we have a good manager ,a man of integrity , and im sure we will reap the rewards ,if not this season then next :coys:
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Rigsby » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:59 pm

As much as I hope you're right I can't honestly see us finishing above either Notts or Lincoln and especially so if we don't win tonight. I reckon our most realistic hope is to finish 7th and hope to find some form to take into the play offs.
Rigsby
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:17 pm

I predict we will finish above Chesterfield.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:24 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I predict we will finish above Chesterfield.

We're in serious trouble if we don't Edward
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Stags v Notts play off final?
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:31 pm

I predict 10th finish
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby GranbyStag » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:46 pm

Yes 7th is really our best bet and if 3pts are ours after tonight's game then that is quite realistic. Rose to get back on scoring trail and reignite that Stags flame. :coys:
GranbyStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:39 pm

we can only play this dog for so long, we must win again some time, why not tonight
but trust me flip flop lose to the scu_m Sat you gotta pack them bags & very quickly

just saying like
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:40 pm

Whatever the outcome from the remaining games, it would be daft to switch managers in the summer.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:00 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Whatever the outcome from the remaining games, it would be daft to switch managers in the summer.

Why would it ?? Flip FLOP as shown us what he can do with a good squad of players the same squad who were a point off 3rd spot would you trust him with your cash in the summer ? He’s done as poor a job as any spirite could wish on us as yorky says above lose to the sheep and he may as well pack his bags because folk won’t be rushing out for season tickets with FF in charge ... coys 3points a must tonight surely
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Johnny H » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:04 pm

If we lose tonite DF will be gone tomorrow and JD and Jamie McGuire will be in charge till end of season,
Johnny H
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Johnny H wrote:If we lose tonite DF will be gone tomorrow and JD and Jamie McGuire will be in charge till end of season,

You clearly are “in the know”

..... or is it just bullcrap?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:53 am

I still stand by my prediction.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:54 am

I still stand by my prediction.....

4 Games 12 points
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:55 am

SINA STAG wrote:I still stand by my prediction.....

4 Games 12 points

Interested to know what your basing this on. Is it just pure optimism? What have you seen so far that makes you think this is even remotely possible?

Nothing i've seen since he arrived suggests he/we are capable of winning the next 4. If Evans was still here to predict that would of been ballsy.

My guess is your just trying to be controversial, all be it with good intentions.

If we win the next 4 ill eat my hat.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:21 am

Jamie wrote:

4 Games 12 points

Interested to know what your basing this on. Is it just pure optimism? What have you seen so far that makes you think this is even remotely possible?

Nothing i've seen since he arrived suggests he/we are capable of winning the next 4. If Evans was still here to predict that would of been ballsy.

My guess is your just trying to be controversial, all be it with good intentions.

I would like to think we have enough quality in our squad to put together a 4 or even a 7 winning game run. Not being controversial just a Stags fan who as faith in the team I follow. If I didn't it would be no point every season buying a season ticket wearing the colours n telling people I'm proud to say I follow my home team n it's been like that since 1974 from the age of 12. Like I said the other day you don't pick your team they pick you.
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:15 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
Jamie wrote:

4 Games 12 points

I would like to think we have enough quality in our squad to put together a 4 or even a 7 winning game run. Not being controversial just a Stags fan who as faith in the team I follow. If I didn't it would be no point every season buying a season ticket wearing the colours n telling people I'm proud to say I follow my home team n it's been like that since 1974 from the age of 12. Like I said the other day you don't pick your team they pick you.

I thought the same after the better showings against Accrington and Luton, but for me Crewe and Stevenage has shown that this team and manager really do not have the metal to deliver such a drastic short term change of form - the sort of form change that must happen now if our season is to continue. I don't see how the Crewe and Stevenage games will differ to the raspberry, Port Vale, Yeovil and Crawley. If we couldn't dispatch Crewe and Stevenage with everything at stake in those games, what evidence do we have to suggest we can get any more than the odd point here and there against the others?

Of course I'm hoping I am bang wrong here, of course I do, but the reality is something too big to ignore. Something is terminally wrong in that dressing room, not the club, the dressing room. Someone said changing the manager now with a view to pulling out all the stops to get the last playoff place would be as much a lottery as keeping the status quo. I agreed then, when that comment was first made, but if we do want something drastic to change NOW then a drastic measure like bringing in a new manager now might be the only way to give us a chance of the upturn in form needed to get the last spot.

It's then the question of 'raspberry or bust' now, simply to try and obtain the last spot this time around, or accepting that our chances are all but gone this term, and reassess / rebuild in the summer - with or without DF is another question. Fans will probably want the first of these but the owners will probably be inclined to accept another L2 season to rebuild some sort of stability on the pitch.
Birminghamstag10
First Team
First Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:14 pm

While I can see and understand your frustration, Birmingham, I think pressing the manager nuke button and bringing someone in just to get across the line potentially has huge and dire consequences beyond these last few games.

Besides which, I'm not sure there's a huge list of great managers willing to come in under these conditions is there? And what would happen if we made playoffs but tanked next year because the replacement gaffer was even worse - what would be your call then?

Much as I hate to see our season slip away, I think the ramifications of another replacement right now could be far worse further on. Changing the manager at the 11th hour was bad enough, but it's fatal trying to do it again at 11.59AM! ;)

I could be totally wrong of course, but I just can't imagine a quality manager coming in with the remit he stays next season if he can get us promoted....
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:While I can see and understand your frustration, Birmingham, I think pressing the manager nuke button and bringing someone in just to get across the line potentially has huge and dire consequences beyond these last few games.

Besides which, I'm not sure there's a huge list of great managers willing to come in under these conditions is there? And what would happen if we made playoffs but tanked next year because the replacement gaffer was even worse - what would be your call then?

Much as I hate to see our season slip away, I think the ramifications of another replacement right now could be far worse further on. Changing the manager at the 11th hour was bad enough, but it's fatal trying to do it again at 11.59AM! ;)

I could be totally wrong of course, but I just can't imagine a quality manager coming in with the remit he stays next season if he can get us promoted....

Totally agree with you. I wasn't suggesting changing the boss would be my preferred option, I was saying that in my opinion, only something as drastic as that would be likely to have the desired effect of changing our form so massively and so quickly. I hope i am wrong and that the current set of players and manager can turn this around but there is nothing to suggest this could happen. I will keep hoping until we run out of points to gain.
Birminghamstag10
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum