{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Pro Flitcroft

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Pro Flitcroft

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:51 am

PRL13 wrote:I think fatty underachieved with what he blew all that money on! Flitcroft seems too comfortable with his position. He should look over his shoulder now. He needs a good run in, starting now! John can then decide on what happens in the closed season.

Set of fans complaining, players not wanting to work for him, and I'd guess an owner asking him regular questions about what's going on....sounds like a doddle to me! :P

Maybe you're right bud, but for me his job is anything but comfortable right now
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Agree Mutiny, not sure I would want his job but maybe he knows he will be here next year and JR told him that he would be even if we stay down which is more likely now.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:56 pm

geoffhill wrote:Flitcroft will be here next season I feel sure.Evans left us at a bad time for sure.He has gone now so get over it and support the manager.The form of some of the players since Evans left has been patchy Notably Macdonald Diamond has a really poor game which I do not understand from such an experienced player.If we are still in this league then it will be a disappointment but the club has to carry on.JR deserves something better and I think we will get promotion eventually.COYS.

I'm not so sure he will Geoff. If he doesn't get a win before the end of the season I think even fair minded JR will realise he will have to go. Obviously there will be a cost involved, but not as costly as lost revenue from season ticket sales.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
geoffhill wrote:Flitcroft will be here next season I feel sure.Evans left us at a bad time for sure.He has gone now so get over it and support the manager.The form of some of the players since Evans left has been patchy Notably Macdonald Diamond has a really poor game which I do not understand from such an experienced player.If we are still in this league then it will be a disappointment but the club has to carry on.JR deserves something better and I think we will get promotion eventually.COYS.

I'm not so sure he will Geoff. If he doesn't get a win before the end of the season I think even fair minded JR will realise he will have to go. Obviously there will be a cost involved, but not as costly as lost revenue from season ticket sales.

Let's say I get interviewed as leader for an incomplete (but on-target) project because the previous manager left unexpectedly and I happened to be available at the time. I tell the boss that I feel capable of getting it over the line successfully. The boss gives me the job on the basis that if I impress him enough I'll get the next project as well, with my pick of the staff and a good budget.

If the project then bombs in spectacular fashion, do I get away with saying that the staff weren't good enough and that I should still get the next project anyway? I wonder what the boss would say?

I've a feeling that the team will pick up enough points to make the decision more difficult. If they finish in the playoffs and then fail, I'd say that Flitcroft would be 50/50 to continue. Obviously, win promotion and he gets the job for next season, guaranteed. Equally obviously, we'd all like it to turn out like that!

At the moment I think that it's fair to say that JR is going to be highly unimpressed, and if it all continues in this vein then he has no option but to sack him before the season ends. I can't imagine that there's a cost involved, in fact I'd be surprised if Flitcroft doesn't resign should playoffs become out of reach.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:12 pm

When it all boils down to it whether you are pro or con on Flitcroft we should all be pro Mansfield Town so back the bloke and the players because they need us more now than at any other point this season.

Negativity is not the way to turn this around.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:58 pm

From what I have seen in the past few games, meaning; Accy, Luton first half and Crewe 2nd half he knows how to play some good football, he's had the team playing some super attacking football. I don't blame Flitcroft for the 1st 25 minutes of the Crewe game that was in my opinion unprofessionalism with respect to some of the players, very rarely do you see a team capitulate like that especially a team who can restrict Accy to one goal with 10 men and only concede two at Luton, one of which was due to an unfortunate error.

Arguably, at times, I have seen some of the best football this season since Flitcroft has been here without the positive of a win - without doubt we are due and deserve a win.

Suspensions & injuries permitting, Pearce & Bennett must be the centre halves and Hemmings & Rose the main attackers for the remaining games. MacDonald needs resting but if he does play he must be told not to waste anymore direct free kicks in range of goal, he is raspberry at taking them, Benning is better and has more chance of scoring.
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:54 pm

I know i can get higher than most when things are going well and lower than most when its going badly. But that's just how i am. However, I like this thread.

I hate our form at the moment, but i have to think that in any other circumstances we'd ba happy to have DF, and wed be allowing him til Christmas at least giving him the benefit of his own transfer dealings and his own pre-season.

In some ways he's been unlucky to take over in the way that he did.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:58 pm

Totally agree flitcroft is showing us he can get a team playing proper football ,it might not all be going brilliantly atm ,but give him time .imo,he has given us more football than evans,s sides managed in the whole of the season so far , i know people will disagree but ,in my mind ,albeit very pro flitters i just say lets give him at least next season
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby CalderwoodsLeftFoot » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:12 pm

adamstag wrote:As I said before Crewe flitcroft and us are fortunate that we've got the run-in of dreams, Stevenage tomorrow will be tricky, but any side worth their salt should be getting something, in short we've 5 games we shouldn't be losing.

We orignally had the 6th at home to Crewe who were in good form, but totally ripped us to shreds.

The run in couldn't be any easier for us, there are no excuses, you'd be looking for at least 10 points from the next 5 games.

If we're not in the playoffs after such a generous run of teams at the end of the season he can't be allowed to stay, his already low credibility would be in tatters.

Let's hope we start with a win tomorrow night and push on.

Thanks ...will start saving for Wembley then......
We need to get behind the team but a win would help?
CalderwoodsLeftFoot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:51 pm

spanishstag wrote:Totally agree flitcroft is showing us he can get a team playing proper football ,it might not all be going brilliantly atm ,but give him time .imo,he has given us more football than evans,s sides managed in the whole of the season so far , i know people will disagree but ,in my mind ,albeit very pro flitters i just say lets give him at least next season

The one thing he isn't getting us is wins. Initially I was willing to give him a bit of time to at least get a win but it isn't happening. I also don't think he is " playing proper football " whatever that means. Our defending has been dreadful. I usually defend our managers, but the thought of having DF in charge all next season on the evidence of what he has done so far is terrifying. I agree he should be given the rest of the season but unless the results improve then he should go.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:11 pm

spanishstag wrote:Totally agree flitcroft is showing us he can get a team playing proper football ,it might not all be going brilliantly atm ,but give him time .imo,he has given us more football than evans,s sides managed in the whole of the season so far , i know people will disagree but ,in my mind ,albeit very pro flitters i just say lets give him at least next season

Why give him next season, he's still going to be stuck with the majority of the same bunch of players he's working with now considering they are on 2 year deals.

If the rumours are to be believed the changing room is split and several of them have downed tools so there's not much chance of anything changing.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby london amber stag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Where is this rumour from Grendon? I can’t believe professional footballers would blow a chance of promotion by downing tools.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:17 pm

london amber stag wrote:Where is this rumour from Grendon? I can’t believe professional footballers would blow a chance of promotion by downing tools.

I wouldn't believe much on here, loads were saying Penney has gone back to sheff wed because of bad attitude but he's still here :lol:

I don't think there's a split in the dressing room, confidence will be at an all time low because of their former manager downing tools and leaving, and the bad run of form will have knocked the players too.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:34 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
london amber stag wrote:Where is this rumour from Grendon? I can’t believe professional footballers would blow a chance of promotion by downing tools.

I wouldn't believe much on here, loads were saying Penney has gone back to sheff wed because of bad attitude but he's still here :lol:

I don't think there's a split in the dressing room, confidence will be at an all time low because of their former manager downing tools and leaving, and the bad run of form will have knocked the players too.

It does not say Penney is still here. Penney’s registration can’t be changed, he is still available technically but not part of the managers plans
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:20 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:... confidence will be at an all time low because of their former manager downing tools and leaving, and the bad run of form will have knocked the players too.

Our players are being very well paid to do a job and they are used to managers and players moving on. That's football. There is no job security. It is up to our current management team to motivate them, organize them and get them focused on winning matches which even the likes of Carlton Palmer, Stuart Boam, Paul Holland, Billy McEwan, David Holdsworth and Duncan Russell have managed to do with far weaker squads. Something has clearly gone disastrously wrong and I think it will be very difficult for JR to keep backing David Flitcroft and have confidence in him for next season if we lose at Saltergate.

Most successful managers can get existing players to play for them if they are good enough. A lot of Dave Smith's side were signed by Danny Williams, Jock Basford or Tommy Eggleston. Steve Evans' best players were signed by Adam Murray. Danny Cowley worked wonders with the existing Lincoln City squad. There are no excuses for David Flitcroft. Football management is all about getting results. David Flitcroft needs a big one on Saturday.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:56 pm

part time pete wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

It does not say Penney is still here. Penney’s registration can’t be changed, he is still available technically but not part of the managers plans

He was with the squad coming in from training today... Love the lies people tell on here, its pathetic.
Sedgwick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby GranbyStag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Totally agree with keithcassels footygenius, at the moment it's MTFC the club that's important, the fat lady has not yet begun those throat exercises. Get right behind the lads and Win on Saturday and look forward, lose and then YES the stats don't lie. Flitcrofts record is appalling and I would not be surprised if he goes.
It would be very sad for all concerned and worse reflect bad on the club.

Still never heard if Flitcroft is only here till end of season anyway. No mention of contract length.

:coys: :coys:
GranbyStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:07 pm

Bradders wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Let's say I get interviewed as leader for an incomplete (but on-target) project because the previous manager left unexpectedly and I happened to be available at the time. I tell the boss that I feel capable of getting it over the line successfully. The boss gives me the job on the basis that if I impress him enough I'll get the next project as well, with my pick of the staff and a good budget.

If the project then bombs in spectacular fashion, do I get away with saying that the staff weren't good enough and that I should still get the next project anyway? I wonder what the boss would say?

I've a feeling that the team will pick up enough points to make the decision more difficult. If they finish in the playoffs and then fail, I'd say that Flitcroft would be 50/50 to continue. Obviously, win promotion and he gets the job for next season, guaranteed. Equally obviously, we'd all like it to turn out like that!

At the moment I think that it's fair to say that JR is going to be highly unimpressed, and if it all continues in this vein then he has no option but to sack him before the season ends. I can't imagine that there's a cost involved, in fact I'd be surprised if Flitcroft doesn't resign should playoffs become out of reach.
I like the analogy, but we don't know how long DF's contract is. I would guess it at least includes next season. Given he gave up a job at Swindon where he was doing well, I don't think he would sign a contract to the end of this season, with a clause saying he needs to attain a play off place. If he continues on his bad run, who else is going to employ him. If we don't finish in the playoffs it will cost the club to pay up his contract. He may resign, which would show he is an honourable man ( which he appears to be ), but it's not a given. I sincerely hope he gets us a win on Saturday ( for a variety of reasons ).
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:30 pm

I think flitcrofts contract ended this season ,end of ,he came here because as he said he felt wanted ,so by my reckoning he is here for at least another year ,and i am totally happy with that
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby mapp stag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Like everyone else I am massively deflated by our collapse over the past 9 games (it started against Coventry imo). We are where we are. On Saturday please can everyone put aside their gripes with DF, Macca & the rest and just get behind the Club that we love. All is not lost. Lets raise the roof and show our pride and unconditional support for MTFC. No buts.
mapp stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:09 pm

He’s only lost 4out of 8, you know.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:22 pm

mapp stag wrote:Like everyone else I am massively deflated by our collapse over the past 9 games (it started against Coventry imo). We are where we are. On Saturday please can everyone put aside their gripes with DF, Macca & the rest and just get behind the Club that we love. All is not lost. Lets raise the roof and show our pride and unconditional support for MTFC. No buts.

I can go with that.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:39 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:... confidence will be at an all time low because of their former manager downing tools and leaving, and the bad run of form will have knocked the players too.

Our players are being very well paid to do a job and they are used to managers and players moving on. That's football. There is no job security. It is up to our current management team to motivate them, organize them and get them focused on winning matches which even the likes of Carlton Palmer, Stuart Boam, Paul Holland, Billy McEwan, David Holdsworth and Duncan Russell have managed to do with far weaker squads. Something has clearly gone disastrously wrong and I think it will be very difficult for JR to keep backing David Flitcroft and have confidence in him for next season if we lose at Saltergate.

Most successful managers can get existing players to play for them if they are good enough. A lot of Dave Smith's side were signed by Danny Williams, Jock Basford or Tommy Eggleston. Steve Evans' best players were signed by Adam Murray. Danny Cowley worked wonders with the existing Lincoln City squad. There are no excuses for David Flitcroft. Football management is all about getting results. David Flitcroft needs a big one on Saturday.

Flitcroft's job is safe. We'll not lose at Saltergate even if our team had one leg sawn off. If we did I'd get me n Tezza running round t'pitch naked. :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:43 pm

Old habits die hard :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:46 am

I suspect that we will either win, draw or lose.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum