{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Pro Flitcroft

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Pro Flitcroft

Postby zygon2003 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:41 pm

I like him.

He made mistakes yesterday with the starting line up but bravely made amends. I like the fact he makes brave tactical decisions. If he gets time he'll do well for us.

Who are these Bury and Swindon fans everyone claims to be talking to who said 'glad we got rid.'?

If I hear 'we should have got Phil Brown' again in the SPB I may just call it a day.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Pro Flitcroft

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Indeed.

That's a point of view.

btw 'we should have got Phil Brown'

Presume you've now called it a day....... :)
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:53 pm

Wow, a patient and level headed post - must be from a Forest fan! :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:14 pm

Bridgford Stag wrote:Indeed.

That's a point of view.

He's hardly set Swindon alight.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stephen » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:39 pm

We should have gone for Uwe Rosler ;) hopefully Flitcroft comes good but he needs to come good from Tuesday. My faith is hanging by a thread for him, if we dont win Tuesday i think it may be gone
Twitter: @stephentsd
Stephen
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby abc » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:00 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Bridgford Stag wrote:Indeed.

That's a point of view.

He's hardly set Swindon alight.

At least he's had a win !
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:31 pm

I don’t dislike him, but seven games in now and we still haven’t won seems a long time ago since we stuffed Newport 5-0 and beat Exeter away in Feb just before Evans shafted us. Of course, the players who were top four were really sub standard all along though, if you subscribe to the reinventing of history theory.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PRL13 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:08 am

If you call it a day Zygon, then so will I, lol.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkstag » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:25 am

I posted on another thread I thought we should sack him on Saturday and based on results his job must be in jeopardy.

Lets look at the facts - the reason we are in this mess is ultimately down to Steve Evans. He walked out at a critical time.

In terms of style SEand DF are very different- SEs style when here was described as bullying and now with hindsight its described as motivational . He was very directive and I think CJ in particular benefited

SE spent a lot of money to build a squad and despite that didn't fix our striker problem despite having second go in January. Not DF's fault

What is disappointing is the reaction of the players. They should be able to follow instructions and there can be no excuse for Saturday - many of the results have been down to individual errors. They need to do what they are paid for and now need to step up

Ilike DFs honesty and how he is trying to bring young players into the system and he seems honest enough in his appraisal of games.

Interesting how Phil Brown is now a popular choice but whoever we appointed was on a hiding to nothing

Im sure JR will be demanding explanations and I for one will let him get on with it. On to Scumsville - no better place to start the revival
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:20 am

yorkstag wrote:I posted on another thread I thought we should sack him on Saturday and based on results his job must be in jeopardy.

Lets look at the facts - the reason we are in this mess is ultimately down to Steve Evans. He walked out at a critical time.

In terms of style SEand DF are very different- SEs style when here was described as bullying and now with hindsight its described as motivational . He was very directive and I think CJ in particular benefited

SE spent a lot of money to build a squad and despite that didn't fix our striker problem despite having second go in January. Not DF's fault

What is disappointing is the reaction of the players. They should be able to follow instructions and there can be no excuse for Saturday - many of the results have been down to individual errors. They need to do what they are paid for and now need to step up

Ilike DFs honesty and how he is trying to bring young players into the system and he seems honest enough in his appraisal of games.

Interesting how Phil Brown is now a popular choice but whoever we appointed was on a hiding to nothing

Im sure JR will be demanding explanations and I for one will let him get on with it. On to Scumsville - no better place to start the revival

I would prefer the revival to start at Stevenage.
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Kenwood » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:36 am

As much I would like to see him bring our youngsters through when the time is right. I find it a bit worrying that in a squad of 22-24 mainly league 2 winners and League 1 players he is already selecting 18 year old youth players.

This can not go down well and maybe the relationship between players and management team is already falling apart?
Kenwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkstag » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:42 am

You’re right Stevenage. Distracted by the horrible thought of being beaten at Chesterfield
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:49 am

Kenwood wrote:As much I would like to see him bring our youngsters through when the time is right. I find it a bit worrying that in a squad of 22-24 mainly league 2 winners and League 1 players he is already selecting 18 year old youth players.

This can not go down well and maybe the relationship between players and management team is already falling apart?

Exactly it's muddled thinking that he is doing this at a time when experience is desperately needed.
Saying we should hang on to a manager because we don't want to be perceived as a 'sacking club' are wrong in my view.
I don't doubt the Scottish manager brought in a whole bunch of mediocrity but they are what we have, and throwing kids in at this stage? It sounds very much like his incredible use of goalkeepers at Bury.....14 was it?!
If he fails this week then walk away from him.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Frontrowhero » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:53 am

zygon2003 wrote:I like him.

He made mistakes yesterday with the starting line up but bravely made amends. I like the fact he makes brave tactical decisions. If he gets time he'll do well for us.

Who are these Bury and Swindon fans everyone claims to be talking to who said 'glad we got rid.'?

If I hear 'we should have got Phil Brown' again in the SPB I may just call it a day.

I like him too Dave, genuinely feel for the bloke. I like how he comes across and in time (if given it, I think will do well)

You have to wonder what's going on behind closed doors, I think a few of steves mercaneries have downed tools, not DF's fault. DF now knows who wants to play for the club. If it means a few youth teamers on the bench instead of the likes of diamond et al, good. I would sooner have a matchday squad of players and management all pulling in the same direction.
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:35 am

JR comes across as a fair bloke. If it is a case that some players have downed tools, then JR and CR will have regard to this and it will be the players that will be moved out and not DF. If it is DF methods or a personality clash or just a wrong fit then it will be DF. I think it is a variety of reasons. All we can do is get behind the team ( as most fans did on Saturday) and hope we can get a few wins.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:39 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:I don't doubt the Scottish manager brought in a whole bunch of mediocrity

A manager with the same mediocre squad as the previous manager can easily be judged, when given the task of maintaining current form for the last few matches of the season. And it looks pretty stark.

Evans (top of the league over 7 matches).

Flitcroft (bottom of the league over 7 matches).
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:52 am

Bradders wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:I don't doubt the Scottish manager brought in a whole bunch of mediocrity

A manager with the same mediocre squad as the previous manager can easily be judged, when given the task of maintaining current form for the last few matches of the season. And it looks pretty stark.

I can't disagree with that Bradders but it is a pretty average league and we've not exactly been jumping out of our seats at the quality of play.
I believed DF should be given til end of season but 2 more failures this week and I don't see where he could go.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:22 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Bradders wrote:

I can't disagree with that Bradders but it is a pretty average league and we've not exactly been jumping out of our seats at the quality of play.
I believed DF should be given til end of season but 2 more failures this week and I don't see where he could go.

Garbage, after watching Coxs then especially Murrays 'style of football', its like watching Barca, Evans was a breath of fresh air despite all the haters now saying differently
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:25 am

zygon2003 wrote:I like him.

1. I like him, he is a nice guy, sadly to be successful you need to be more than just nice.

2. The same Bury and Swindon fans who infiltrate every bloody post on social media week after week.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:17 pm

He bravely made amends when we were 4-1 down. Hardly inspired management.
Hjeldefan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby StagsFan83 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:31 pm

I wouldn't say he made brave amendments, it was more common sense!
If we need to play god awful football 45 mins to do a half decent second half, and still lose, something tells me this is not the man for the job.
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:32 pm

I too like how he handles himself and over time will prob bring success.
However some of his decisions in starting line up and subs are baffling to say the least.

I think a win at that lot could save his job.
A loss would mean the bullet I fear.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:46 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Bradders wrote:

Garbage, after watching Coxs then especially Murrays 'style of football', its like watching Barca, Evans was a breath of fresh air despite all the haters now saying differently

It really wasn't. :lol:
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Don't forget JR and CR run MTFC as a professional business first and yes its a football club but in essence they want to make it a success financially also intertwined with the football etc.
Usually when a business starts losing money u sack the Chief Executive etc but in this case it will be the football manager so its a question of how long they are prepared to back him.
my guess is they will let him stay.... unless he loses all the games between now and the end of the season.....which could happen...god forbid...but more than likely he will get the next season and the squad he wants for another campaign which I think is very likely now and we will be going back to sunny Macclesfield again joy of joys and we must put off a trip to Peterborough for another 2 or 3 seasons.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:18 pm

As I said before Crewe flitcroft and us are fortunate that we've got the run-in of dreams, Stevenage tomorrow will be tricky, but any side worth their salt should be getting something, in short we've 5 games we shouldn't be losing.

We orignally had the 6th at home to Crewe who were in good form, but totally ripped us to shreds.

The run in couldn't be any easier for us, there are no excuses, you'd be looking for at least 10 points from the next 5 games.

If we're not in the playoffs after such a generous run of teams at the end of the season he can't be allowed to stay, his already low credibility would be in tatters.

Let's hope we start with a win tomorrow night and push on.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum