{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stevenage Scorethread sponsored by JR’s Chopper pilot

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stevenage Scorethread sponsored by JR’s Chopper pilot

Postby adamstag » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Sounds like Logan kept us in it.

You dare lose flitcroft on Saturday, you dare.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:21 pm

adamstag wrote:Sounds like Logan kept us in it.

You dare lose flitcroft on Saturday, you dare.

I don't think for one minute he wants to lose it. Whether he can pick and motivate a team to win it is another matter. Sir Jack will tell his players to "think of the badge". DF needs to tell his players to think of the supporters for whom this game means so much.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:55 pm

Its a real shame its more or less ended like this
We are still only 1 point behind a play off place even after all these bad results which makes it worse
Even 1 or 2 wins would have seen us likely play off contenders
By heck lads what the ell has gone wrong, I don't think anybody can work it out
Feel so so sorry for JR and CR u have worked your socks off , shame the players can't follow suit.

The prospect of another league 2 campaign is an awful thought after the season we have had but we have to go again with Flipflop or another change.

I really don't think this Flitcroft and Futcher pairing is going to work!! but if JR decides he should stay then I back him to the end of either this or next season.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:12 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:Leaving the game deflated, they were average and it’s a game we could have easily won with some quality in the last third.

This is the crux of all our troubles. Strike force isn't good enough. That is one person's fault.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:18 am

Tillydog, the players did work their socks off last night. I can't criticise the effort but as I have said in other posts, the constant hoofing and bypassing of midfield leads to mind numbing tedium. Does he try and change it? No. Just more same old hoof. Thank goodness Krystian Pearce was his rock solid best last night when the ball came back at us.

I know you don't like hearing it Belly but Flitcroft was a massive mistake and has to go.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:40 am

My opinion only, Should we fail to reach the play offs I'm not at all convinced JR will again invest heavily for anotger shot at promotion.
He pushed the boat out this season by obtaining a very good lower league football manager who would IMO have got us promoted, next year if not this, spent money on players wages and agents fees plus spent a little in the transder market, we were told.
It must be terrible for the Radfords to be in this position, let down firstly by the manager they backed and now by tge players. If Flitcrift fails to get a play off spot I feek JR will have little option than to let him go.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Harrington St Hero » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:57 am

I went last night and left disappointed more at how we played than the result.

We spent the last 30 minutes playing big long balls. When we got the ball down we looked so much better. I think we are losing confidence and looking a poorer side than 2 months ago. The lack of a win is eroding their and our belief and is a true reflection of our performances. Any trend over a period of time isn’t usually a coincidence.

What appeared like an exchange of words between Macca and a guy in the crowd at a corner wasn’t a good look but probably summed up where we’ve got to over the last 8 or 9 games.

I said to my mate on 85 minutes were appear destined for another season of League 2.
Harrington St Hero
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:01 am

Harrington St Hero wrote:I went last night and left disappointed more at how we played than the result.

We spent the last 30 minutes playing big long balls. When we got the ball down we looked so much better. I think we are losing confidence and looking a poorer side than 2 months ago. The lack of a win is eroding their and our belief and is a true reflection of our performances. Any trend over a period of time isn’t usually a coincidence.

What appeared like an exchange of words between Macca and a guy in the crowd at a corner wasn’t a good look but probably summed up where we’ve got to over the last 8 or 9 games.

I said to my mate on 85 minutes were appear destined for another season of League 2.

Probably the same guy who slagged him off at FGR.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:18 am

Harrington St Hero wrote:I went last night and left disappointed more at how we played than the result.

He was frustrated with MacDonald and his opinion was he wasn’t putting enough effort in. Exchange of words
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:24 am

Foresttownstag wrote:

He was frustrated with MacDonald and his opinion was he wasn’t putting enough effort in. Exchange of words

My dad told me about this embarrassing exchange as he heard it. MacDonald's form has dropped off since the Coventry game. But one thing he can't be criticised for is lack of effort. He works incredibly hard all over the pitch.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:49 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

My dad told me about this embarrassing exchange as he heard it. MacDonald's form has dropped off since the Coventry game. But one thing he can't be criticised for is lack of effort. He works incredibly hard all over the pitch.

Absolutely right, people saying he's lined up a move to Posh, well they may know more than I on that subject, but it sounds like emotion talking.
McDonald can never be accused of not putting a shift in, and even though he is struggling for form, he'd be in my side.
Mr Grimsdale
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:50 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

Totally agree he works harder than anyone and his form has nosedived!!! I feel for him because you can see it means a lot to the guy.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby GranbyStag » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:21 pm

So near.. yet so far. Just not motivated enough post Evans for a serious challenge. We have been clinging on on for dear life since early Feb and it's now time to let go.

Stuffing Newport at home was our pinnacle and sadly that is were it has ended.

Beat the Spirites and send em down and look forward to next season.

Trust in the Radfords to delivery League 1 football. :coys: :coys:
GranbyStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:21 pm

StagsFan83 wrote:That clown and his lanky side kick need to go, that was not an improvement on any game, please don't let him be in charge for chesterfield as I honestly fear for us

You still fearing for us?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:33 pm

Rob wrote:
StagsFan83 wrote:That clown and his lanky side kick need to go, that was not an improvement on any game, please don't let him be in charge for chesterfield as I honestly fear for us

Rob, the lad is a colossal belmer.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:36 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:

I think anyone who would sack a manager after 8 games befits the word belmer!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:37 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:

There are certainly some flaccid tiddlers on here!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum