{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FLITCROFT OUT

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FLITCROFT OUT

Postby CalderwoodsLeftFoot » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:08 pm

Sack Flitcroft and start building for next season! At least we were safe of relegation before he arrived!
You keep him and we’ll be back in the National League!
CalderwoodsLeftFoot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jamie » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:09 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Who out of you lot is volunteering to start the collection in paying off Flipflops contract?

Lot of talk going off about how JR should spend his money, as usual.

We all pay into the club Doomy... JR made the rash appointment, he and he alone will decide what happens next. Doesn't mean people shouldn't have a say.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:10 pm

Flitcroft set this team up on watching footage on Crewe ? Either he steps aside or gives his supposed intelligenced team the big elbow ...
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby jr senior » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:19 pm

I don't believe for 1 minute DF will be sacked this season, JR has always shown faith in the manager.....but

JR is also a businessman and won't be blind to falling attendances at FM, and increasing financial loses.

So the conversation between JR & DF will follow 'wants going wrong David' and if the reason is 'they're not my players JR, I'll need a lot of new players next season to correct matters'...then it'll be bye bye DF before the new season starts, to avoid relegation next year.

Thank god we're not fighting relegation this season, we'd be hot favorites for the dreaded drop!
jr senior
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:22 pm

Jamie wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Who out of you lot is volunteering to start the collection in paying off Flipflops contract?

We all pay into the club Doomy... JR made the rash appointment, he and he alone will decide what happens next. Doesn't mean people shouldn't have a say.

Maybe had he gone for Dempster until the end of tie season like most seemed to want we wouldn't be where we are.

And it doesn't make anyone opinion more correct or valid than the next. I fear that poor flitcroft is out of his depth. It's interesting how Swindon more or less tripped over themselves trying to get rid of him
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:35 pm

They were saying that becasue they're season hadn't lived up to there expeditions. How many managers out there would ever have a glowing reference from previous clubs.

It was a rash appointment. The thing i dont get is surely a meeting with him shows you he's very dull. A complete opposite to Evans. We needed a motivator, someome with some stature to continue our good form in 2018. Even on a short term basis.

I doubt JR will sack him now and I'm not going to start calling for his head. The mistake has been made, if KR wants to rectify that now then great, if not then it has to be in the summer unless he does something miraculous.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby nigegray » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:47 pm

I bet chesterfield cant wait to play us now and give them 3pts towards there survival
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Field Mill » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:52 pm

We now have a Tory MP so I suppose its to be expected....
Field Mill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:59 pm

adamstag wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Maybe had he gone for Dempster until the end of tie season like most seemed to want we wouldn't be where we are.

And it doesn't make anyone opinion more correct or valid than the next. I fear that poor flitcroft is out of his depth. It's interesting how Swindon more or less tripped over themselves trying to get rid of him

'Like most wanted'? That's flipping bull Adam & you know it. Had JR appointed Dempster till the end of the season you'd have Canutes like Norm banging on about cheap options.

And Jamie, JR's 'rash' decision was to appoint a manager who had won a promotion from this division (far more recent than fatso's last one) and who managed a team 1 place below us in the league, who had achieved that apparently on an inferior budget to the one SE had and who managed a team that had had SE's pants down twice this season.

This 20-20 hindsight bull from some of you clowns really boils my piss. The day after Flitcroft was appointed I'd say this board wss 99% happy with his appointment and JR was being widely praised for acting so swiftly in appointing the outstanding candidate.

I don't know why this appointment has has gone wrong so far, but it isn't because Flitcroft was a poor candidate or because JR was rash.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Lick » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:15 pm

:good_post: :good_post:
Lick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:15 pm

The thing is the results don't lie. Today's first half performance was dire. Initially I believed the shock of SE walking out was the reason for the blip, but it is going on too long. Something isn't right. I can understand why JR acted quickly to recruit DF. But with hindsight I think it was the wrong decision. Had he promoted Dempster, a lot of fans would have moaned, but I think we would have more points on the board had he done so. Simply because Dempster knew the players and what they were capable of. Can DF recruit a successful side for next season? Yes, history shows he can. But I have a feeling it is not meant to be.
Last edited by Amber Andy on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Harrington St Hero » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:17 pm

DF has a good track record and hasn’t been a serial under achiever. I think we have a big but very very average squad of players. DF makes good substitutions and can accept fault, that’s no bad thing. I hate to say it but Evans has left no legacy apart from a big squad of mediocrity. Someone (DF or otherwise) will have to reshape it. I think a few of our squad are truly awful and I hope we ship them out. I have never believed in our promotion push since we started to misfire in September - we have no quality in midfield and very little up front. Today for 30 minutes we had no defence either, and we all saw what happens when that goes missing.
Harrington St Hero
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:25 pm

Sneag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Jamie wrote:

'Like most wanted'? That's flipping bull Adam & you know it. Had JR appointed Dempster till the end of the season you'd have Canutes like Norm banging on about cheap options.

And Jamie, JR's 'rash' decision was to appoint a manager who had won a promotion from this division (far more recent than fatso's last one) and who managed a team 1 place below us in the league, who had achieved that apparently on an inferior budget to the one SE had and who managed a team that had had SE's pants down twice this season.

This 20-20 hindsight bull from some of you clowns really boils my piss. The day after Flitcroft was appointed I'd say this board wss 99% happy with his appointment and JR was being widely praised for acting so swiftly in appointing the outstanding candidate.

I don't know why this appointment has has gone wrong so far, but it isn't because Flitcroft was a poor candidate or because JR was rash.

We all have differences of opinion. I'd have gone for brown or Dempster, I've no idea whether they've had done better than DF, though I guess it can't have been any worse. You can't label all fans the same as Norman.

For me, if we finish outside the playoffs, we should part paths and choose another manager, whether some agree or disagree who knows, that's football
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Harrington St Hero wrote:DF has a good track record and hasn’t been a serial under achiever. I think we have a big but very very average squad of players. DF makes good substitutions and can accept fault, that’s no bad thing. I hate to say it but Evans has left no legacy apart from a big squad of mediocrity. Someone (DF or otherwise) will have to reshape it. I think a few of our squad are truly awful and I hope we ship them out. I have never believed in our promotion push since we started to misfire in September - we have no quality in midfield and very little up front. Today for 30 minutes we had no defence either, and we all saw what happens when that goes missing.

I wanted DF to succeed but our decline is worrying. The substitutes did make a big difference today, but we still lost. We were very close to an automatic promotion place, when SE left and now we are fading fast with the same squad. Something is wrong.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:37 pm

Redford get rid of this clown now, can't bear it any more....yes its the players on the pitch as some will say, most believe that it's rank bad management...

Bad team selection...everyone said all week (for good reason) that Miller should play, all were proven right and you admitted it after, jeez not making it easy for fans to not rate you
Poor tactics in majority of games
Total lack of motivation, like Evans / Murray or not they could get players up for big games
Terrible substitutions, not bad today but only correcting what was already wrong
Crap media just sound bites
Lack of understanding of what the task was....we were challenging for top 3 /title so just needed to matain the same, every interview has mentioned building and galvanising etc, no none of the fans (or owners) surely want to hear this, we wanted someone who was just going to carry on doing what was being done..'.if it's not broke don't fix it'
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby oldnic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:43 pm

Different from what we had planned. If the sheep beat us, that may keep them up. Football, s a funny game. Let us hope our players grow a pair.
oldnic
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby S7AGS » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:08 pm

Just hope Flitcroft realised that he'll have lost the fans if we don't get in playoffs.. forget next season, most won't afford him time to build his own team...tats what people bought (and paid) into this season
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby sunray » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:52 pm

it was too late in the season to start making changes. Should have accepted Evans had a winning formula and left it alone this season.
Now the manager stands with his hands behind his back for the first half like a rabbit in the headlights, Second half got involved and sorted the team out but too late.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sheffieldstag » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Very disappointed with the result today, although with some substitutions and a kick up the backside, the second half was much better and we could and probably should have got 5 or 6 goals ourselves and 3 points.

What Stags needed is a motivator and it is clear that Evans and Raynor were exactly that. They could get average players to grind out results. Flitcroft doesn't seem to be a motivator and although I would love him to succeed, I can see some stern words with the Radfords happening very soon.

As someone else has put previously, if we cannot get a result or two from the next two games I do see the Radford's taking action as they wont want to see their efforts go to nothing next season too.
Sheffieldstag
First Team
First Team

Postby scottyd281 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:25 pm

Simple and fact DF said in press today 'picking players that want to play for him' it sounds like with the SE departure its caused an upset between some players and behind closed doors this is what DF is having to deal with in such a short space of time, U can blame the players and the current coach etc, but it's ultimately SE fault we r in this mess he sold a dream to average league 1 players (his comments (SE) not mine) and then left. if u r wondering the SE comment when he went to the Posh he stated he at Mansfield b4 departure had assembled a middle positioned League 1 side....
scottyd281
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Harrington St Hero » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:31 pm

DF cut a lonely figure in the technical area as we spiralled out of control in the first half. I thought it was a brave and correct decision to bring Diamond off, and yes, we all would have brought Miller and Rose on for the second half. It was good to see him more animated and passionate in the second half and to hear him being frank and honest about the performance in his interview. I really want him to succeed. He has integrity, obviously cares about youth development and nurturing talent, and has a decent track record in recent years. If he survives this awful start he may just become the manager we need. 3 points on Tuesday would be a good start to him rebuilding our confidence in him.
Harrington St Hero
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:20 pm

Sneag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Best post I have read all day
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:23 pm

Agree with Amber Andy entirely was not happy with his quick appointment but thought Ok let's give him a chance but something is just not right and worry for next season
For all his faults and antics we needed SE motivation and this seems all lost now
If Flitcroft stays I think it will be long slow journey again of re build and half a season to gell
At least we have sheep derby to look forward to
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:49 am

Sneag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Thank the lord a sensible post.
I would guess 75% on here said it was a good appointment,me included. There was no reason not too ,a decent record in management .
We can all spend somebody else’s money and pay him up ,I believe there were some questioning Evans Appointment earlier in the season .
The decision will come in the close season not now . Will he trust somebody with his cash again.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:34 am

daddycool wrote:
Sneag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Thank the lord a sensible post.
I would guess 75% on here said it was a good appointment,me included. There was no reason not too ,a decent record in management .
We can all spend somebody else’s money and pay him up ,I believe there were some questioning Evans Appointment earlier in the season .
The decision will come in the close season not now . Will he trust somebody with his cash again.

It begs the question to some extent as to whether Flitters would resign at the end of the season if
1) He failed to make the PO's

2) And far more seriously imo fails to beat the sheep next week.

Shirley personal pride would make him seriously consider it.
He'd always be a couple of bad results from a bucket load of vitriol and abuse next season imo and his wicket would be so sticky I'd imagine JR wouldn't give him long to begin producing consistant positive form.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum