{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FLITCROFT OUT

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

FLITCROFT OUT

Postby west country stag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:44 pm

This chump & his sidekick arnt good enough .. sorry John wrong man
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: FLITCROFT OUT

Postby dazstag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:47 pm

can we try to give him a few more games, hes only been here a month!
dazstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:47 pm

west country stag wrote:This chump & his sidekick arnt good enough .. sorry John wrong man

You are actually hilarious. I think you’ll attract a lot of the spineless halfwits though.

Grow some balls.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Most pointless thread of 2018. This is why football is dead, 4 games into his reign...
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:49 pm

west country stag wrote:This chump & his sidekick arnt good enough .. sorry John wrong man

And what do you base that on?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:52 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

You are actually hilarious. I think you’ll attract a lot of the spineless halfwits though.

Grow some balls.

Dont worry about me sunshine ..
Ive got the balls ( shame our management havent )
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:53 pm

Bloody hell, wouldn’t have wanted you in the trenches...
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:53 pm

shocking i’m embarrassed for the traveling faithful
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:54 pm

I’m not Flitcroft out because managers need time but we’ve barely created a chance in 4 games under him now. When do we start to worry?
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:55 pm

This may seem premature but we really have been bad. 4 games and I don't think we've made a clear cut chance? Took a team that was going to be serious contenders for top 3 to one that will genuinely be look to make the top 7. Accrington and Luton next is bad news for us - left early today for the first time in years we've been that poor
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:58 pm

Its the players who should be embarrased ,bloody fancy dans ,evans players not flitcrofts and today they were sadly missing
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby dazstag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:00 pm

but when swindon came to play us they wiped the floor with us so he must have some idea! maybe give him time to get the players playing the way he wants
dazstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Bristolstag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:01 pm

I'm not calling for him to be replaced yet but this has been a very poor start.
Bristolstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:06 pm

dazstag wrote:but when swindon came to play us they wiped the floor with us so he must have some idea! maybe give him time to get the players playing the way he wants

Swindon fans had him for 30 odd games and weren't bothered in the slightest that he had left even though they were top 7 - says it all about the style of play and I can see where they were coming from after 4 games
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:07 pm

dazstag wrote:but when swindon came to play us they wiped the floor with us so he must have some idea! maybe give him time to get the players playing the way he wants

Exactly. He knows how to make players he knows play. I’m just amazed at people missing the real villain.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:08 pm

change of manager is an easy excuse for this set of bottlers to hide behind

Evan's recruitment policy - garbage!
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:10 pm

Get behind him until the end of the season and reassess.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:10 pm

So if we take this at face value and being realistic rather than a response to a poor result. Why the hell would you sack someone after 4 games? It would definitely mean we wouldn't get into the playoffs, it would mean that no self respecting manager would think about going for a job with the Radfords and we would end up paying out compensation to Flitcroft and Futcher. Finally, we would end up looking like a joke even considering something as stupid as this.

Absolutely ridiculous
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:10 pm

This season shouldn't be a write off but it is.
What is Flitcroft doing?
Why doesn't Hamilton run with the ball now down the left, the overlapping full backs are no longer, McDonald just isn't the same player, Atkinson who did play well today seems to be in favour, but all season he has been ineffective, why are none of our players pressing when not in possession.
If DF and BF are to stay please only be till the end of the season.
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby satkin » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:10 pm

He didn’t need to do owt except tell em to do what they had been doing. Now was not to the time to put your own mark on it fgs. We had some real momentum and had a great chance of top 3. Now we will have to fight like owt to make the playoffs and our recent form suggests it will be difficult.
satkin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bigalstag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:11 pm

Its the spineless wonders on the pitch that should be apoligising not the manager. Fgs he's only had 4 games. These players have took the easy way out, which I feared they would do after Evans leaving . The trouble is that he fought most of there battles from the side of the pitch, and most of them are not capable of rolling up there sleeves and fighting for the points on offer.
I use the word spineless, but could think of something much stronger.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:16 pm

satkin wrote:He didn’t need to do owt except tell em to do what they had been doing. Now was not to the time to put your own mark on it fgs. We had some real momentum and had a great chance of top 3. Now we will have to fight like owt to make the playoffs and our recent form suggests it will be difficult.

We won't make the playoffs and I am as disappointed as anyone. But you can't blame the manager. He hasn't had enough time. I expect a lot of these players will be leaving in the summer. Flitcroft will bring in his own players and that is the time to judge. There is only one person to blame for loss of momentum.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:18 pm

Waggy wrote:change of manager is an easy excuse for this set of bottlers to hide behind

This is so true the players deserve a right bolloking in my opinion they think they are better than they really are angol needs a right kick up the arse ,pearce has been a bloody liability the last few games ,soon as logan threw it out today i knew they were gonna score its getting predictable now were seeing the short termism now of appointing evans ,just wish we didnt rush the appointment so soon ,but flitcroft will get us there :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:22 pm

A very disappointing start to David Flitcroft's reign as Mansfield manager = DDDL. It's too late to be changing the style of play and formations. We just need to stick with what has worked for us most of the season. We all need to stay together but it now looks like the play offs at best.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Waggy wrote:change of manager is an easy excuse for this set of bottlers to hide behind

Garbage? Under Evans his garbage recruitments would have seen us to a comfortable top 7 finish and a challenge for top 3. No doubt about it though, Evans has dropped us right in it and unfortunately Flitcroft doesn't look like he's the one to see us through, think I'd rather have Cox back for last games as opposed to what we've had on show for the last 4 games.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum