{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Last Three Games

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Last Three Games

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:59 pm

Pretty poor and lacked any intelligent play and good decision making from the players.

All three goals were out of the blue.
Coventry was a long ball over top which resulted in a sending off and a free kick which we got lucky with.
Was disappointing how our only tactic was to hit it forward and not use our man advantage (Poor from Evans tacticly).

Lincoln our goal came from our only bit of decent play all night. Didn’t deserve to win this game IMO.
D Cowley did his homework on the stags and nullified our full backs with a front three and also our midfield two with there hard pressing midfield three.

Colchester once again luck with our goal long ball over top keeper got caught in no mans land and that was that.

We’ve looked the least creative team in the last 270 mins of football with our only plan seemingly to hoof it or to let macca drop deeper than the pits of hell and try and play a Hollywood ball.

CJs a waste of space if he isn’t getting a free run at his defender and is like playing with ten men as all his other football ability’s are non league step 3 standard at best.

Let’s hope the players read this and shove it down my neck on Saturday with a 3-0 win.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Re: Last Three Games

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:31 pm

Only.6 games lost best in the league

14.games drawn worse in the league

Says it all.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:54 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:CJs a waste of space if he isn’t getting a free run at his defender and is like playing with ten men as all his other football ability’s are non league step 3 standard at best.

His defensive game has improved immensely. He did several good pieces of defensive work yesterday.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:04 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:CJs a waste of space if he isn’t getting a free run at his defender and is like playing with ten men as all his other football ability’s are non league step 3 standard at best.

His defensive game has improved immensely. He did several good pieces of defensive work yesterday.

Maybe. But he was starting from a low level, Martin. Surely, his main role is the ONLY reason for his inclusion? He has the beating of many defenders down his side of the field, but rarely converts that into a telling assist. IMO, he has only nuisance value as a defender. Also, for much of the game, he seems at a loss as to what is expected of him. I really want him to succeed, but his development seems to have plateaued.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:06 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

To be fair Martin I did notice that. So was probably a little unfair with my sentence on him.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:18 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Maybe. But he was starting from a low level, Martin. Surely, his main role is the ONLY reason for his inclusion? He has the beating of many defenders down his side of the field, but rarely converts that into a telling assist. IMO, he has only nuisance value as a defender. Also, for much of the game, he seems at a loss as to what is expected of him. I really want him to succeed, but his development seems to have plateaued.

his development hasn't plateaued at all in my opinion. He's come on leaps and bounds this season. He has set up many chances this season. It was certainly true previously that he lacked that final product (ie a decent cross).
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:31 pm

I just wish when he's through he'd have more confidence to pull the trigger, some times in a good position but holds up play instead to try and cross and doesn't always come off.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

his development hasn't plateaued at all in my opinion. He's come on leaps and bounds this season. He has set up many chances this season. It was certainly true previously that he lacked that final product (ie a decent cross).

Completely agree, he is improving all the time in my opinion. Yes sometimes he doesn't set the world alight but he's playing in League 2! CJ would be in my starting line up every week without fail at this level.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:50 pm

CJ is an easy target. He's a typical lower league wideman, either he's on it or he's not. This little inconsistent patch that he's going through has coincided with the team being indifferent as a whole.

He's a young man with potential, who is a better player than he was at the start of the season. Here's an idea - how about supporting the lad?

I know, radical.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:06 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:CJ is an easy target. He's a typical lower league wideman, either he's on it or he's not. This little inconsistent patch that he's going through has coincided with the team being indifferent as a whole.

He's a young man with potential, who is a better player than he was at the start of the season. Here's an idea - how about supporting the lad?

I know, radical.

some folk are probably watching too much telly football and expecting CJ to rip his man to shreds do three stepovers and then curl one from 20 yards in the top corner.

CJ has been our best winger for a while and when he's confident he absolutely terrifies the opposition, but as soon as he makes a mistake or has a poor game the same lot are ready to jump on his back calling him rubbish.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:11 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:CJ is an easy target. He's a typical lower league wideman, either he's on it or he's not. This little inconsistent patch that he's going through has coincided with the team being indifferent as a whole.

I know, radical.

some folk are probably watching too much telly football and expecting CJ to rip his man to shreds do three stepovers and then curl one from 20 yards in the top corner.

CJ has been our best winger for a while and when he's confident he absolutely terrifies the opposition, but as soon as he makes a mistake or has a poor game the same lot are ready to jump on his back calling him rubbish.

I agree that the lad doesn’t deserve condemnation.

Personally, I never said he was rubbish. I feel confident in my verbal delivery and so I have no need for anyone to put words in my mouth.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:16 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I know, radical.

Personally, I never said he was rubbish. I feel confident in my verbal delivery and so I have no need for anyone to put words in my mouth.

I never said you said he was rubbish, I'm just stating the fact that if any of our players, Byrom, Macca, CJ, Rose have a bad game then they're often branded as rubbish/not good enough etc... when they have been magnificent most of the season.

we've been a mid table league two club the majority I've supported stags (barring non league) and I/We have seen some right dross served up. people soon forget that and don't realise how well we are doing this season
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:33 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I know, radical.

indeed you didn't say Hamilton was rubbish. But you said a lot about him that was rubbish :D ;)
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:58 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I know, radical.

indeed you didn't say Hamilton was rubbish. But you said a lot about him that was rubbish :D ;)

:lol:
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:22 pm

CJ in particular is one of our few threats. Much improved imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:43 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:CJ in particular is one of our few threats. Much improved imo.

Yes.....

.......but that begs the question where are the other threats?

Atm I can't see them....other players I'm sure are trying but I can't see us killing teams off.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby tibby » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:55 pm

It’s mundane & boring. We’ve been boring all season. It’s very rare I leave thinking I have had value for money.

This league is such a poor standard and in my opinion getting worse season on season.

Lincoln played horrendous football, but at least they have an identity. I would struggle to explain to an outsider the “Mansfield style of play”

As for Hamilton. I don’t get the love-in with him. Final ball is basically conference level.
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:17 pm

tibby wrote:It’s mundane & boring. We’ve been boring all season. It’s very rare I leave thinking I have had value for money.

This league is such a poor standard and in my opinion getting worse season on season.

Lincoln played horrendous football, but at least they have an identity. I would struggle to explain to an outsider the “Mansfield style of play”

As for Hamilton. I don’t get the love-in with him. Final ball is basically conference level.

you know what, if 'mundane and boring' get us promoted or in the play offs I'll be pretty damn happy. This is our most successful season since the conference winning year yet you'd think we've been bottling promotions time and time again the way people go on
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:36 pm

I mean the boring score of 1-0 to the Arsenal was clearly overrated.

How we would have taken x3 1-0 wins in the last three games, result win promotion not style and flair.

Either way onwards to Saturday, surprisingly enough i'd take an extremely dull 1-0 to Mansfield victory.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:39 pm

As frustrating as CJ can be at times, if we back him on Saturday and his confidence is there, He could rip county a new one..

from what I’ve seen and hear, they have no pace in their side whatsoever so CJ running at them is the last thing they’ll want
S7AGS
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foxy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:43 pm

Christopher has improved loads this season imo. Keep up the good work youth.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum