{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Team v Counteh

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Team v Counteh

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:35 pm

Get the overlaps going on their nice wide pitch.

Get cj and white sprinting in diagonals.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Get the overlaps going on their nice wide pitch.

Get cj and white sprinting in diagonals.

They’d collide! :lol:
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:24 pm

tmwilson wrote:
S7AGS wrote:I’d start miller as county wanted him in Jan...bound to score to rub it in

According to Lomas interview , it sounds lin he's way down the pecking order and not pulling his weight .

just to be clear, he didn't say not pulling his weight. He said he's not done enough in training to show he's deserving of a place in the team or on the bench. Not quite the same, to me anyway.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby tmwilson » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:48 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
S7AGS wrote:I’d start miller as county wanted him in Jan...bound to score to rub it in

According to Lomas interview , it sounds lin he's way down the pecking order and not pulling his weight .

just to be clear, he didn't say not pulling his weight. He said he's not done enough in training to show he's deserving of a place in the team or on the bench. Not quite the same, to me anyway.

Maybe I didn't quote what Lomas said but that's how I still see it . Miller has had ample time to get his rear in gear . He's gone from being on the bench and getting a bit of game time to not even being in the squad . Surely his fitness levels are OK now and he's gelled with the players ?
Martin , what do you make of Lomas statement when talking about Angol being prefered to Miller at the moment and saying he is also a Mansfield player ?

Again , maybe I'm wrong but to me that sounds like the loanees come second when it comes to selection .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:56 pm

realistically, he can only choose one of Angol or Miller to be on the bench. They are similar types of players. He will select Spencer because he is a different type of player. Flitcroft is favouring Angol at the moment, and has spoken highly of him. Miller will need to play well in the reserves to force his way into contention.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby PRL13 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 am

The full backs have been a liability lately. I`d start with Ando and Hunt. Bennett back in? or Digby. King and Melis in. Potter for C.J.? Miller for Rose. Subs; Danny, Penney, Byrom.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby 88BenM » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:45 am

Something is definitely in the water for some of the posters in this thread.

Danny Rose hasn't scored for 3 games, but prior to this short 2 week period, he had scored 4 in his last 5 games and all of a sudden Stagsnet is writing him off as a spent force. He is a young, professional footballer. He won't be tired come Saturday at 13:00, he will be absolutely chomping at the bit because he loves playing against Notts County.
88BenM
First Team
First Team

Postby ParisStag » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:46 am

I'd definitely have Potter back in and if Mellis isn't fit then move Macca back into the middle. I'd have Angol on for Rose and keep White at right back. Rest of the team picks itself.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:48 am

88BenM wrote:Something is definitely in the water for some of the posters in this thread.

Danny Rose hasn't scored for 3 games, but prior to this short 2 week period, he had scored 4 in his last 5 games and all of a sudden Stagsnet is writing him off as a spent force. He is a young, professional footballer. He won't be tired come Saturday at 13:00, he will be absolutely chomping at the bit because he loves playing against Notts County.

agreed, glad some of these posters aren't our manager :lol: rose is our best striker by a mile whether he's tired or not
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:54 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
88BenM wrote:Something is definitely in the water for some of the posters in this thread.

agreed, glad some of these posters aren't our manager :lol: rose is our best striker by a mile whether he's tired or not

Just think Angol deserves a chance and if you don't give players a chance when those in the team get tired or out of form, what sort of message does it send? Rose will think his place is guaranteed no matter what and Angol will lose faith in ever getting back in.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:29 pm

If he wasn't injured, do you think Spurs would be dropping Kane because he hadn't scored for three games?

He won the free kick which led to the goal and red card against Coventry, created the space that Byrom ran in to and score against Lincoln and worked the defender who missed the headed which led to Hemmings goal v Colchester. He also terrorised County in the home game.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:49 pm

Danny simply has to play....County would get a boost if he wasn't named in the 11

Can see him scoring, will be desperate for a goal
S7AGS
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Showaddywaddy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:16 pm

Logan

Bennett Diamond Pearce Benning

Digby
Byrom King

McDonald Hemmings Hamilton
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Logan

Bennet Diamond Pearce Benning

Potter Macca Byrom Hamilton

Hemmings Angol
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Angol did not appear to be SE cup of tea. I would give him game time against Notts. DF is praising him at the moment and maybe that is the spur Angol needs to show his true worth.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:44 pm

PRL13 wrote:The full backs have been a liability lately. I`d start with Ando and Hunt. Bennett back in? or Digby. King and Melis in. Potter for C.J.? Miller for Rose. Subs; Danny, Penney, Byrom.

Hunt had a nightmare at Grimsby on boxing day, much prefer Benning IMO
Last edited by MansfieldMick on Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MansfieldMick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Im not the real OND » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:34 pm

Logan

White Bennett Pearce Benning

Macca Byrom Atkinson Hamilton

Hemmings Rose
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stag861 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:25 am

Im not the real OND wrote:Logan

Hemmings Rose

Almost agree. I would have Potter on the right, Macca in the middle and Atkinson on the bench.
stag861
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:39 am

stag861 wrote:
Im not the real OND wrote:Logan

Hemmings Rose

Almost agree. I would have Potter on the right, Macca in the middle and Atkinson on the bench.

spot on that’s my starting 11 too
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:53 am

Most posters seem to want Byrom in the middle.Why? He was awful last match and was taken off.I would put King in his place.Penney should be on the bench and could replace Hamilton if he is off his game.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:03 am

I was going to agree with a post, then saw it was mine! lol. Miller needs a run. Spencer and Angol have shown what they can`t do!. King needs to start. The full backs need changing. Despite that goal, I think Byrom is poor. Digby looked good at centre back. Melis needs to be in, as does Potter.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:22 am

geoffhill wrote:Most posters seem to want Byrom in the middle.Why? He was awful last match and was taken off.I would put King in his place.Penney should be on the bench and could replace Hamilton if he is off his game.

King was taken off in the last two games as he was even worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:55 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
geoffhill wrote:Most posters seem to want Byrom in the middle.Why? He was awful last match and was taken off.I would put King in his place.Penney should be on the bench and could replace Hamilton if he is off his game.

King was taken off in the last two games as he was even worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

king could've been sent off against Lincoln , and when he was booked it was like we had 10 men on the pitch as he completely disappeared. we don't want that to happen , especially in our most important match for ages against counteh

byrom is good enough for me, got promoted with Northampton a few years ago so knows how to do it. people just think he's awful when he's had a couple of poor performances. his set peices and calmness on the ball will be useful on Saturday.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:33 pm

It's a tricky one to predict - we'll need to score but also don't want too much pressure on the defence. Atkinson could be key - possibly Byrom dropped in favour of Digby to protect the defence.

Assuming Diamond isn't fit;

Logan

Byrom Atkinson Hamilton

McDonald

Hemmings Rose

Subs Anderson, Potter, Angol, Mellis, Digby, King.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Bradders wrote:It's a tricky one to predict - we'll need to score but also don't want too much pressure on the defence. Atkinson could be key - possibly Byrom dropped in favour of Digby to protect the defence.

Assuming Diamond isn't fit;

Logan

Byrom Atkinson Hamilton

McDonald

Hemmings Rose

Subs Anderson, Potter, Angol, Mellis, Digby, King.

Myself I'd drop MacDonald, hes been awful lately and flatters to deceive, Murray got slated for trying "Hollywood passes" like MacDonald
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum