{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bottlers!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Bottlers!

Postby Waggy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Team full of lightweight bottlers

Three games with a decent turnout and they haven’t turned up

That’s why our support is poor

Can’t see this set of spineless show ponies getting anything at Mary’s Lane
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Bottlers!

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:38 pm

And that is why I won’t be looking at this site tonight.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:50 pm

bellwhiff wrote:And that is why I won’t be looking at this site tonight.

I love your positivity but a good side as tunrned to poo!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:34 pm

Belly types with his eyes closed
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:48 pm

Lets put this into perspective.
We are three points behind a Notts County side, who if we beat them by more than 1 clear goal, will overtake them into third spot.
Will you be there supporting, which is what we are supposed to do, or will you be on here writing the season off.
Lets get this seating allocation sold out and get behind the lads when they need us the most !!!
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:06 pm

bigalstag wrote:Lets put this into perspective.
We are three points behind a Notts County side, who if we beat them by more than 1 clear goal, will overtake them into third

Will you be there supporting, which is what we are supposed to do, or will you be on here writing the season off.
Lets get this seating allocation sold out and get behind the lads when they need us the most !!!

Level with a game in hand doesn’t sound to bad at the moment
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:11 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Lets put this into perspective.
We are three points behind a Notts County side, who if we beat them by more than 1 clear goal, will overtake them into third

Level with a game in hand doesn’t sound to bad at the moment

Correct. Everyone - Get a grip and lets cheer them to victory at Meadow Lane.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:42 pm

I think bottlers is a bit strong but three draws in the last three home games is a bit much for our supporters to swallow.

Today there was no energy, no head of steam, a lack of ambition to create anything. Very disappointed in what I saw.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:54 pm

I wouldn't say that they are bottlers at all. Although I have my doubts over the desire and ability to put games to bed.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:00 pm

Bottlers seems harsh and I think the change of manager has changed the whole dynamics at the club and said in earlier post Iam not sure about Flitcroft although only 2 games in it does seem to be a struggle now and would be very surprised to win next week and it could be a defeat if lack of sparkle and finishing like today continues
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:11 pm

Take me off here for swearing I really don't care but this site is full of flipping idiots talking raspberrys.
Why don't some of you get behind the flipping team instead of only coming on when we loose. This is me stagsnet over and out
kyle b
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:29 pm

kyle b wrote:Take me off here for swearing I really don't care but this site is full of flipping idiots talking raspberrys.
Why don't some of you get behind the flipping team instead of only coming on when we loose. This is me stagsnet over and out

If you are still here kyle this board is about debate isn't it?

Yes, there are 'raspberrys' but if you are disagreable about certain comments then do respond. A lot of comments posted on this thread tbh I concur with.

I would think that the vast majority that comment on this Forum do so because they care about MTFC.

And yes I would think that the vast majority of fans do get behind the team.

I do.

And yes I do care.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:38 pm

I think our fans are bigger bottlers than the playerd TBH.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:26 am

Bottlers is the wrong thread title our issue is lacking killer instinct - 3 home games, 3 games go in front, 3 draws. We need to win and put teams to bed, need to get the first goal and push on for a second.

And talking about negativity i have an ear full of it every home game from the two blokes who sit behind me who for 90 minutes slag of CJ and tell him to raspberry off because he's raspberries.

Support the bloody team for god sake.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:18 am

Rubbish. They've had plenty to deal with in the last couple of weeks with Evans' departure and the arrival of Flitcroft and they've still not lost. No one is bottling it. Beat County (or even draw with them) and we still go above by winning our game in hand. We are still WELL in the fight for automatic spots, despite these results. The performances haven't been great, but they this squad is capable of much better so let's support them and try to help them over the line instead of moaning.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:39 am

Listening to Flitter's interview on t'Beeb he reckons we'll become more gung ho from now on it till the end of t'season. He intimated it's better to 'go for it' leaving us exposed to counter attacks in the hope we win more than we lose. He's right in saying we'd have been better off winning one, drawing one and losing one of the last 3 home games. Could Stagsnet cope with this if we lost every other week? I'm not sure.
Norm'd need to stock up on Kleenex for sure. :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:40 am

Have taken a bit of time to think before posting. I am still angry with Evans for how he departed as it has impacted on our players - White has gone to pieces and I am disappointed with how Anderson has performed in the last two games. At the moment the players have got to take a good look in the mirror. Danny Rose has the look of someone who has just secured his mortgage with a lovely new contract and needs to shape up.
I don't like the omission of players like Penney from the bench but Flitcroft is doing ok at the moment. It is down to the players at present. They are well paid, it is now they earn it
Tainted Soul says I am great!
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:59 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:Have taken a bit of time to think before posting. I am still angry with Evans for how he departed as it has impacted on our players - White has gone to pieces and I am disappointed with how Anderson has performed in the last two games. At the moment the players have got to take a good look in the mirror. Danny Rose has the look of someone who has just secured his mortgage with a lovely new contract and needs to shape up.
I don't like the omission of players like Penney from the bench but Flitcroft is doing ok at the moment. It is down to the players at present. They are well paid, it is now they earn it

Agree with most of that , tho Flitcroft does need to impress what he wants and soon. As for Penney, no one knows what he does, surely worth a go like Miller?
Mr Grimsdale
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:04 am

Evans is at fault here. It’s inevitable that him leaving at this stage and a new manager coming in would cause some turmoil and lack of continuity.

Flitcroft has an unenviable task. He should be given time and some latitude
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:11 am

we are so close to success that’s what hurts, we all feel deep down we will blow it, however we pray we are wrong, JR has backed Fatty off the park with this squad, DF has talked the talk & it’s now or never for the squad and him to deliver, come on lad drag us over that line
see you all Saturday COYS
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:01 pm

Not sure how taking over a well financed, experienced and quality packed side, 3 points from automatic promotion with 13 games left is an 'unenviable' task. He rightly jumped at the chance, as would many others given half a chance.

Evans going was bound cause some issues. But DF knew that, as did JR. It would of been a key point when they spoke so really isn't an excuse. His first task was to repair any damage and get moral up. From the last two games we look devoid of confidence so its fair to say hes not done a great job so far in that regard.

Plenty of time left to get it right, but it needs to start soon.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Jamie wrote:Not sure how taking over a well financed, experienced and quality packed side, 3 points from automatic promotion with 13 games left is an 'unenviable' task. He rightly jumped at the chance, as would many others given half a chance.

Evans going was bound cause some issues. But DF knew that, as did JR. It would of been a key point when they spoke so really isn't an excuse. His first task was to repair any damage and get moral up. From the last two games we look devoid of confidence so its fair to say hes not done a great job so far in that regard.

None of the players are his signings. Evans signings were, at the kindest, hit and miss and our best players remain those signed by Murray. I sense you are keen to jump on Flitcroft as soon as you can. Criticising him as you are after just two undefeated games is laughable. If we don't go up this season it will be Evans fault, his players, he dumped us.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Rob wrote:
Jamie wrote:Not sure how taking over a well financed, experienced and quality packed side, 3 points from automatic promotion with 13 games left is an 'unenviable' task. He rightly jumped at the chance, as would many others given half a chance.

None of the players are his signings. Evans signings were, at the kindest, hit and miss and our best players remain those signed by Murray. I sense you are keen to jump on Flitcroft as soon as you can. Criticising him as you are after just two undefeated games is laughable. If we don't go up this season it will be Evans fault, his players, he dumped us.

one things for sure, Evans never sorted out our striker problem, he got rose going but relying on one striker to do the goods won't always work. hemmings is also a good striker but we needed more firepower all season imo.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:28 pm

Just watched Hemmings interview fair play to him for being honest. Just hope they can step up to the plate. We know we have the experience for it but the players just need to believe they can do it.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:29 pm

I want DF to succeeded, obviously. But he has to step up and deliver, like all managers do. So far he hasn't been able to get them playing. The most worrying thing for me is the drop in tempo, urgency and confidence. Yes he needs more time and he'll get that and my full support on match days. No vendetta here Rob and im just saying what ive seen.

Do you not agree regarding the tempo, effort and confidence in the last two games?

I don't agree on it being Evans fault if we don't go up. Yes its his team, but its a good one and in a good position.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum