{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stamp your mark David

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stamp your mark David

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:02 pm

london amber stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
london amber stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:You've slagged off Benning and CJ, the side which every single attack comes down, and you want Anderson and Atkinson in the side, two playes who are amongst the highest paid at the club and have provided next to nothing all season long.

Bravo.

Musings, stop saying you know how much the players earn, you haven’t got a clue. Anderson has contributed to many wins this season or are you writing your own version of events?

They dropped from League One to join for peanuts then did they? It's not rocket science.

I was talking in terms of goals and assists, as the lineup above had them playing as wingers, where bot

have been completely ineffective.

Rocket science aside, you still do not know what they earn nor should you. I think Anderson is a good player and I like his positive attitude. Everything is suddenly doom and gloom, there are 10 games to go and we are far from dead and buried. Anyone who thought that we would hit the ground running and win 2 games on the bounce with a new manager at such a tense time, was deluded. We have had similar bore draws under Evans. It’s not over yet, far from it.

I didn't say I knew what they earned so I don't know what you're rambling on about. It's not hard to fathom who the highest paid players would be, especially given Anderson was on 6k a week at Bradford according to their fans.

He's a very average player who tries hard, but of whom many, including me, expected more. He's been a better full back than a winger this season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:04 pm

There you go again, £6000 a week, apparently, I think it’s you who rambles on about earnings mate not me.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:11 pm

london amber stag wrote:There you go again, £6000 a week, apparently, I think it’s you who rambles on about earnings mate not me.

Read. According to Bradford fans, not me...
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:25 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
london amber stag wrote:There you go again, £6000 a week, apparently, I think it’s you who rambles on about earnings mate not me.

Read. According to Bradford fans, not me...

:lol:
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:02 am

yorkshire stag wrote:His mate Atkinson is too slow and not good enough, his subs again poor, learn and quick gaffa

Sorry Yorkshire stag, don’t agree with that. Anderson & Byrom were poor today. I thought Atkinson did a lot better than Byrom. Mellis did ok, but could have done more definitely.
No Breaks Allowed
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stags4eva » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:37 am

london amber stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:You've slagged off Benning and CJ, the side which every single attack comes down, and you want Anderson and Atkinson in the side, two playes who are amongst the highest paid at the club and have provided next to nothing all season long.

Bravo.

Musings, stop saying you know how much the players earn, you haven’t got a clue. Anderson has contributed to many wins this season or are you writing your own version of events?

Doubt Anderson has contributed to as many wins as CJ has this season so don't really know what your seeing here.
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby victor A block » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:23 am

Bridgford Stag wrote:
victor A block wrote:2 games down.....does Flitcroft need more time to stamp his mark....yes
Has the team lost a bit of intensity and passion ....yes. Will time run out..yes.

The draw v Lincoln was understandable but avoidable. The training ground routine of giving it back to them to pump up to Rhead was always going to pay.
But today..lets be clear..Colchester were nothing special..a very average league 2 team who were allowed to take control. We were Out of legs, passion and ideas.

Why is Macdonald playing so deep?

Why are Benning and Hamilton even in the team? What was the MOM sponser drinking?

Next week i would bring in Hunt at LB, Move Macdonald and Byrom centre mid. Atkinson left mid and Anderson right.

Big call up front. Hemmings did well again. Angol for Rose? Possibly.

Mostly agree there victor...but..most of our attacking options thus far eminate down that left flank through Benning and CJ don't they?

No Plan B aka down the right flank comes to mind? (unless CJ moves over)

Not a dynamic high impact disruptive attack there victor which would scare the opposition?

A plodding midfield with lots of huff and puff but no end result/assists?

Yes a lot comes from that side but they both also consistently give the ball away . I'd like to see Macdonald wider on the right to give more threat there. If Hamilton isn't 20 yards from the byeline with a defender to beat he offers nothing . Bring him on as an impact sub. We don't have a dynamic attack as we don't have a dynamic striker . I think Angol probably deserves a chance and have absolutely no idea where Miller is anyway? Is he still here ?
victor A block
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:50 am

No Breaks Allowed wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:His mate Atkinson is too slow and not good enough, his subs again poor, learn and quick gaffa

Sorry Yorkshire stag, don’t agree with that. Anderson & Byrom were poor today. I thought Atkinson did a lot better than Byrom. Mellis did ok, but could have done more definitely.

wow we really did see a different game, Atkinson was on the right directly above me in the WSU, & he looked pretty slow, never beat his man and didn’t ever get to the by line, maybe still a footballing brain in there, however legs gone badly.

Mellis isn’t quick enough or gets stuck in, poor pair of subs from me from the manager sorry
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:15 am

yesterday was a very poor performance, normally when a new manager comes in you have the initial surge in performances we have had the exact opposite. david needs to get them pressing the ball when we are not in possession, we are so lethargic its unreal and then when we get the ball back we cant string two passes together.
next Saturday is probably the biggest game for the club in a long time, david needs to fire up the players and explain that every game is a cup final he will not accept any poor performances like Saturday or they will be dropped. We are still right in there but the next 4 games will be make or break, time they started re-paying jr and the fans who were superb yesterday
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:36 am

Frontrowhero wrote:yesterday was a very poor performance, normally when a new manager comes in you have the initial surge in performances we have had the exact opposite. david needs to get them pressing the ball when we are not in possession, we are so lethargic its unreal and then when we get the ball back we cant string two passes together.
next Saturday is probably the biggest game for the club in a long time, david needs to fire up the players and explain that every game is a cup final he will not accept any poor performances like Saturday or they will be dropped. We are still right in there but the next 4 games will be make or break, time they started re-paying jr and the fans who were superb yesterday

Indeed. There was one point in the first half where we pressed for about a minute and DF was delighted, unfortunately that really was it.
For long periods we were second best all over the park second half, but as I have said this was happening before the management change. Ten man Coventry did the same.
Mr Grimsdale
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:56 pm

london amber stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
london amber stag wrote:

Bravo.

They dropped from League One to join for peanuts then did they? It's not rocket science.

I was talking in terms of goals and assists, as the lineup above had them playing as wingers, where bot

have been completely ineffective.

Rocket science aside, you still do not know what they earn nor should you. I think Anderson is a good player and I like his positive attitude. Everything is suddenly doom and gloom, there are 10 games to go and we are far from dead and buried. Anyone who thought that we would hit the ground running and win 2 games on the bounce with a new manager at such a tense time, was deluded. We have had similar bore draws under Evans. It’s not over yet, far from it.

Totally agree there bud. Whatever people thought of Jabba & Salacious Crumb, it's clear they had a setup and understanding that can't be wiped clean overnight.

When a team is doing badly, it's far easier for a gaffer to come in and make a few quick wins to turn it around. In our case, coming into this job with the personnel and squad tuned to a particular style will take a while to tweak. It took Evans a long time even at the start of this season, by which he'd had a fair while to sort his s**t out.

Maybe I'm being a bit unfair on Mellis, but for me he's often a player who hasn't shown his potential. Given his role and quality, we should be getting the most out of him everytime he plays. For me, he's more frustrating than some of the names on here.
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:43 pm

He needs a nasty little raspberry on his managerial staff. We need to have a game plan, which he is capable.of but he doesnt seem like an enforcer at all.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:51 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:He needs a nasty little raspberry on his managerial staff. We need to have a game plan, which he is capable.of but he doesnt seem like an enforcer at all.

it's a hard one isn't it, everyone hated Evans for screaming and bawling all game and now we've got the 'quiet and conservative' manager we want someone screaming at em again
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:16 pm

Had to laugh yesterday when someone was jokingly shouting have a go at them, do something, have a go at the 4th official!
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Had to laugh yesterday when someone was jokingly shouting have a go at them, do something, have a go at the 4th official!

one things for sure, I don't think Evans would've been on the sidelines if he was in charge yesterday :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:23 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:He needs a nasty little raspberry on his managerial staff. We need to have a game plan, which he is capable.of but he doesnt seem like an enforcer at all.

it's a hard one isn't it, everyone hated Evans for screaming and bawling all game and now we've got the 'quiet and conservative' manager we want someone screaming at em again

Maybe we should employ Goldilocks as manager ;)
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:30 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

there'll be no pleasing everyone that's for sure whether we have a well behaved manager or poorly behaved manager.

one thing I did like yesterday, Flitcroft started clapping the West stand when 'david flitcrofts barmy army' was getting louder and louder :)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:36 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

there'll be no pleasing everyone that's for sure whether we have a well behaved manager or poorly behaved manager.

one thing I did like yesterday, Flitcroft started clapping the West stand when 'david flitcrofts barmy army' was getting louder and louder :)

Let’s buy David some blond hair dye, eyeliner and a fat suit!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:39 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
No Breaks Allowed wrote:

wow we really did see a different game, Atkinson was on the right directly above me in the WSU, & he looked pretty slow, never beat his man and didn’t ever get to the by line, maybe still a footballing brain in there, however legs gone badly.

Mellis isn’t quick enough or gets stuck in, poor pair of subs from me from the manager sorry

Can’t be sat far from each other then YS. Just feel Atkinson had better game when he came on, agree he hasn’t got the pace, but ando isn’t lighting either. Mellis for me has to start game, every time he comes on as a sub, doesn’t make impact.
No Breaks Allowed
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:36 pm

i am slowly beginning to think we have one or two league one players on a final pay day contract, hope i’m wrong however cannot help that thought creeping in
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Miller needs a run!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:45 am

stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:22 am

Haha. Excellent. Referencing Art Attack shows your age.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:10 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Haha. Excellent. Referencing Art Attack shows your age.

I can vaguely remember Tony Hart (well mostly Morph) and Rolf Harris. Referencing the second one would be a bit of a no-no these days :lol:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum