{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tempo

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Tempo

Postby lancer » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Is it just me or do we lose all possible momentum when White and Loagan especially, seem to take a age to get the ball back in play. It’s like we are the away side!
It winds me up no end
lancer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Tempo

Postby Jamie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:34 pm

The tempo all over has dropped. First have when we'd scored Diamond was slowing it all down and telling Logan too... Just when we needed to keep the pressure on.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:46 pm

We cannot keep starting the second half like we did again today. A real lack of urgency and no tempo. It just takes one thing like the Hamilton incident and we are on the backfoot and struggling to get a foothold back into the game. Unfortunately a lot of the intensity in previous games came from the management team, and I don't know how we are going to replicate this for the time being.
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Give the gaffer time. He will be figuring out who can, and who can’t, command a place.

Expect plenty of tempo against the ‘pies.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Has everyone forgot about the second half against chesterfield, we were dire and they looked like Brazil.
CassellsCap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby wato » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:23 am

I agree lancer. We take an age to do anything. We amble around and just throw it down the line for Danny rose. We never do anything early. Our movement off the ball is non-existent. These guys aren't run of the mill league 2 players they are on really good money and we need better. We seem to have become 1 dimensional just knocking long balls at rose and hoping to pick up scraps. So at the moment we are easy to play against. McDonald's work rate is excellent but he consistently turns the wrong way into a man instead of playing the way he is facing. Give a simple ball and move 2 yard into space and get it back!! Very frustrating to watch. Another thing that is doing my head in is feining injury. Players on both sides go to ground so easily squeak about it and spend ages on the floor. As grown men it's a disgrace they ought to be ashamed and the football league ought to do something because it's ruining the game as a spectacule. Sorry left the ground v frustrated yesterday. Rant oved
wato
Youth Team
Youth Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum