{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

why put Atkinson on ?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

why put Atkinson on ?

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:04 pm

put Atkinson on and not swop with macca in the middle
Atkinson is NOT a winger FGS
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7532
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: why?

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Why can't we make simple passes anymore?
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: why?

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:26 pm

Macca isn’t that good either.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: why?

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Why not accept that colchester are a good team ,and that the defence let us down badly today ,only once but it was enough for them ,loads of 6 pointrs coming up looooton have lost again everybodys gonna lose a couple off games before the end of the season just hang on in there :mtfc:
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: why?

Postby Jamie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:29 pm

The difference pre and post Evans is significant. We're a shadow of the team we've seen the last 2 months.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4215
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: why?

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Jamie wrote:The difference pre and post Evans is significant. We're a shadow of the team we've seen the last 2 months.

This is the biggest load of raspberrys i have seen you post evans has been gone ,how long ,now you say we are a shadow of his team ,you sir are a raspberry
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: why?

Postby Jamie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:36 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Jamie wrote:The difference pre and post Evans is significant. We're a shadow of the team we've seen the last 2 months.

This is the biggest load of raspberrys i have seen you post evans has been gone ,how long ,now you say we are a shadow of his team ,you sir are a raspberry


I'm saying we've clearly gone off the boil since Evans left, why you getting so upset? Its a fact.

Sorry i didn't mean pre Evans. I meant pre Evans leaving.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4215
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: why?

Postby daddycool » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:45 pm

The last Evans gave was identical as today’s game.only against 10 men . The long ball to Rose clearly does not work but we gave played it all season,at best we get a flick on .
daddycool
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1607
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:42 am

Re: why?

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:51 pm

Jamie wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Jamie wrote:The difference pre and post Evans is significant. We're a shadow of the team we've seen the last 2 months.

This is the biggest load of raspberrys i have seen you post evans has been gone ,how long ,now you say we are a shadow of his team ,you sir are a raspberry


I'm saying we've clearly gone off the boil since Evans left, why you getting so upset? Its a fact.

Sorry i didn't mean pre Evans. I meant pre Evans leaving.


Two games in! You're funny Jamie - this was exactly the sort of performance we have seen from Evans teams, the only difference is in many of those games we have nicked a last minute winner or not conceded a silly goal. Were you not at the Coventry game? Versus 10 men for 75 minutes 1-0 up and we still couldn't win!
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3656
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: why?

Postby Conker » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Jamie is definitely over-reacting considering the last Evans game in charge.

Keep a level head at least until we play County.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1711
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: why?

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Flitcroft needs a few games to identify his best team. Some deadweights in the side today.

We will be different at Meadow Lane.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5711
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: why?

Postby abc » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:09 pm

Jamie wrote:The difference pre and post Evans is significant. We're a shadow of the team we've seen the last 2 months.


Gordon Bennett, I actually agree with Jamie ! I do hope Flipflop proves us wrong though.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: why?

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:26 pm

Penny, King, Miller v Atkinson, Mellis, Spencer

i know which three i would have on my bench
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7532
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: why?

Postby abc » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:39 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Penny, King, Miller v Atkinson, Mellis, Spencer

i know which three i would have on my bench


King was on the bench.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: why?

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:36 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Penny, King, Miller v Atkinson, Mellis, Spencer

i know which three i would have on my bench


Which three? Because King has been anonymous in every game he's played apart from his halfway line attempt, Penney has played about 20 minutes, as has Miller. So what are you basing this on?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2650
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: why?

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:41 pm

on the fact that i watched um for 90 at Renuff, we need impact subs & the other three are simply not as good an option imo
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7532
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: why?

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:44 pm

And how many goals did Miller score in that reserve game?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2650
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: why?

Postby Grendon Stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:47 pm

spanishstag wrote:Why not accept that colchester are a good team ,and that the defence let us down badly today ,only once but it was enough for them ,loads of 6 pointrs coming up looooton have lost again everybodys gonna lose a couple off games before the end of the season just hang on in there :mtfc:


Because they weren't a good team. They were bang average!
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Re: why?

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:52 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:And how many goals did Miller score in that reserve game?


Miller needs a goal, he offers something different from the bench, today we had to put Digby on, not a problem there, however Atkinson as a winger?......really?
his legs have gone, way way to slow to play that position, Mellis !, again wrong option should have been a quicker grafter to harrish their middle two.

Evans bench was a better bench than DFs imo he has got his bench sadly wrong
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7532
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: why?

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:54 pm

I agree to some extent. Atkinson is not a winger. But we have no other right wingers fit. There's no reason to have three centre mids on the bench.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2650
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: why?

Postby stags1963 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Unfortunately I can see us getting ZERO points in the next two games. Hope i am wrong but i don't see any fire in the team at the moment. We are slow out of defense, don't close down against good teams like County and Accrington we will be punished.
stags1963
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: why?

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:00 pm

Macca, swop CJ sides Penny can play both sides, God i hope i start to feel some confidence in the new bloke soon i really do, i’m trying ever so hard too, come on youth beat Clownty and all is forgiven
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7532
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: why put Atkinson on ?

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:43 am

gentle request - can people stop the clickbait thread titles please. Please make the title thread what your topic is, rather than something that no-one has any idea what it is about (eg "why?") , so people who are short of time reading the board can decide which threads they are interested in and which they are not. For example I have changed this thread title to "why put Atkinson on?" Thanks.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16409
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: why put Atkinson on ?

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:03 am

Mods;
If you do feel the need to alter my post please at least change the title to match the content ?
My post was to grumble about Atkinson not swooping with Macca positions i.e. winger !
Not in general however i see your point anyway ;0)
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7532
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: why put Atkinson on ?

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:19 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Mods;
If you do feel the need to alter my post please at least change the title to match the content ?
My post was to grumble about Atkinson not swooping with Macca positions i.e. winger !
Not in general however i see your point anyway ;0)

as you created the thread, you can edit the title yourself.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16409
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ianb, jimbo417, kcassellsfootygenius, laneymtfc, marker_mtfc95, Rob and 45 guests