{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The U's scorefred sponsored by send them round the bend

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The U's scorefred sponsored by send them round the bend

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Jamie wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Whether you blame the manager or the players, they are quite clearly not playing for him at the moment. Our better players have gone completely off the boil...Macca, Rose, CJ all very poor last 2 games.
Saying that...with any other ref we win the game at a canter

Come on... The ref in no way changed the outcome of the game. We created very little, in fact almost nothing.

Yes he was poor but to win at a canter you need to be able to pass a bit and have some shots on target. We did neither.

Of course he changed the game with the pivotal decision when Logan put CJ through, what did CJ do except stand strong for once, he was through. He may not of scored but from the appalling decision they launched it and scored!!!!
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:43 pm

robbingdog wrote:So who do we want in the play offs? as its all doom n gloom

We won't make them.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Jamie wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Whether you blame the manager or the players, they are quite clearly not playing for him at the moment. Our better players have gone completely off the boil...Macca, Rose, CJ all very poor last 2 games.

Come on... The ref in no way changed the outcome of the game. We created very little, in fact almost nothing.

Yes he was poor but to win at a canter you need to be able to pass a bit and have some shots on target. We did neither.

How can you say he didn't change the game? Their man should've been sent off quite clearly which would've totally changed the game!

I'm not denying the fact we were shocking though.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Depressingly would be surprised if we made playoffs now. Honestly cannot see 1 point from our next 4 games.
Hjeldefan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Conker » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:56 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Depressingly would be surprised if we made playoffs now. Honestly cannot see 1 point from our next 4 games.

Jesus H CHRIST! Get a grip pal, it’s way way too early to lose your head.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:04 pm

We are well-placed for the play-offs, you daft sod!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:27 pm

disappointing

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:28 pm

1970Stag wrote:Why have Angol on the bench if you're not going to play him, seriously Digby on as the last sub? Please now prove me wrong and score the winner!

Diamond was injured Digby was needed as centre back (where he didn't miss a header).
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:39 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:disappointing

Agreed but on the positive side at least Flitcroft is seeing and agreeing with what needs to be worked on.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:

Agreed but on the positive side at least Flitcroft is seeing and agreeing with what needs to be worked on.

it is one matter seeing it but it is another matter getting the players to put it right
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:00 pm

Stoney wrote:
Jamie wrote:

How can you say he didn't change the game? Their man should've been sent off quite clearly which would've totally changed the game!

I'm not denying the fact we were shocking though.

The ref had decided and indicated that CJ had fouled their centreback. It was clearly shoulder to shoulder and therefore should have been a sending off for a clear handball. The ref then allowed their keeper to play on/ advantage.
Whether the ref was right or wrong we should have then been more professional but even with all our experience they seemd to lose their heads for a few minutes. Ultimately the decision indirectly led to the goal.
halifaxstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby steiner » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:01 pm

Jesus wept.. Wouldn't want some of you lot on here behind me in the trenches,
Plenty left to play for, time to stay positive for the final push.
steiner
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:24 pm

part time pete wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

it is one matter seeing it but it is another matter getting the players to put it right

And this week provides an opportunity to do that and correct things in training.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:52 pm

It's still the same players toiling around on the park, whoever stands in the technical area. For three consecutive home games they've huffed and puffed, looked completely devoid of attacking nous, absent of ideas in midfield, insipid in tempo and looking like ideas and confidence have been shot in to the distance out of a cannon.

Our experienced, handsomely paid footballers have gone totally off the boil and are suddenly very much underperforming. There should be plenty enough nous in that dressing room to knuckle down and sort this out, however, they've given me no confidence this week that next week will be anything to look forward to.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:19 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:It's still the same players toiling around on the park, whoever stands in the technical area. For three consecutive home games they've huffed and puffed, looked completely devoid of attacking nous, absent of ideas in midfield, insipid in tempo and looking like ideas and confidence have been shot in to the distance out of a cannon.

Our experienced, handsomely paid footballers have gone totally off the boil and are suddenly very much underperforming. There should be plenty enough nous in that dressing room to knuckle down and sort this out, however, they've given me no confidence this week that next week will be anything to look forward to.

I think that's a touch harsh, our last 3 opponents have been good sides, there are two teams in a game of football and sometimes others are just as good. Had we played some of the bottom dwellers I'd be more concerned.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:42 pm

It shows how far that we have come that we are so disappointed/critical after the last 3 results. We are 3 points off Notts County with a game in hand and 5 clear of 8th place and yet we are disappointed.
Yes, we are clearly capable of playing better and without some of the dropped po8nts we could have been up with Accy and Luton, but many clubs fans could be saying the same. Luton, Wycombe, Lincoln Exeter and Coventry are all below us in last 6 games form tables.
Let’s be critical (I’m sure the players and management are) but let’s get behind the lads for the last 10 games.
halifaxstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:55 pm

Come on, let's be honest. We drew with a Coventry team reduced to ten men for 75 mins. We spunked a draw after being largely outplayed by Lincoln. And we drew after not looking like putting away a decidedly average Colchester team, who had lost their last two games to Barnet and Crewe.

In all three games we looked poor and short on attacking ideas. They were three incredibly disappointing performances, let's not beat around the bush. We now have to win automatic promotion by performing away from Field Mill.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby convertmel » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:36 pm

halifaxstag wrote:It shows how far that we have come that we are so disappointed/critical after the last 3 results. We are 3 points off Notts County with a game in hand and 5 clear of 8th place and yet we are disappointed.
Yes, we are clearly capable of playing better and without some of the dropped po8nts we could have been up with Accy and Luton, but many clubs fans could be saying the same. Luton, Wycombe, Lincoln Exeter and Coventry are all below us in last 6 games form tables.
Let’s be critical (I’m sure the players and management are) but let’s get behind the lads for the last 10 games.

Spot on doomy,
We have all been saying the same things most of this season " we are still right up there just outside the top three"
Well yes we are, but it's only because this is the poorest div two since we came back up.
We need to start putting teams away cos I have no faith we can beat anyone over two legs.
A good first half, a really poor second half as once again we ran out of both wind and ideas.
God I'm depressed :(
i'm with the 99%, how about you?
convertmel
First Team
First Team

Postby convertmel » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Oops that seemed to copy hali's rather than the doomsters :oops:
I meant I agree with doomy
i'm with the 99%, how about you?
convertmel
First Team
First Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:42 am

what as really got to me is the goals being conceded into the north stand net second half where the away supporters are.
may be we should make them play to the Quarry lane end second half so there manager cannot use it half time as a rallying call.

sky sports video

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... colchester
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:41 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:what as really got to me is the goals being conceded into the north stand net second half where the away supporters are.
may be we should make them play to the Quarry lane end second half so there manager cannot use it half time as a rallying call.

sky sports video

or we could just defend properly
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:28 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:what as really got to me is the goals being conceded into the north stand net second half where the away supporters are.

sky sports video

Yes Byrom gave the ball away but Benning back to his limp wristed best defending, maybe he needed the Evans fear factor?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:34 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

sky sports video

Yes Byrom gave the ball away but Benning back to his limp wristed best defending, maybe he needed the Evans fear factor?

well it's not coincidental or luck that's got us to a few points off the autos is it!?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:00 pm

Post match views from Col U reporters and fans on BBC Radio Essex

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05zhhpr#play

John McGreal interview around 25.15. He thought it was a great game from a neutral spectacle :shock:

Brandon Comley's first goal for the U's. I agree with their view that Tom Lapslie (No 4) had a good game for them. I thought their man danger man Szmodics had a fairly quiet game apart from one good pass near half time and Brennan Dickenson also did not look his usual threat on the left.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:24 pm

sky sports video

Been saying this for ages. The opposition always plays better against us going towards the away fans second half, whereas we gain no advantage at all from shooting either way.

Granted Colchester didn't have a big support but thinking back Luton, Chesterfield, Lincoln, Exeter, Coventry, then Portsmouth, Northampton, County, Doncaster, Bristol Rovers, York in previous years have all scored going towards that end second half. They have had 45 minutes to get to grips with things first half then have the advantage of the fans getting right behind them second half. It's a trivial thing i know but if we were to change it I wouldn't be surprised to see us hold out better, would like it switching particularly if we were in the playoffs and the away end is full.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum