{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:48 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:51 am

detailed report now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:59 am

Imps twitter says 1680 imps in attendance
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:13 am

player ratings now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:14 am

part time pete wrote:Imps twitter says 1680 imps in attendance

ok thanks.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:50 am

As I've said on other threads, I think Logan should've saved Palmer's shot. He dived in slow motion.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:35 am

Slightly Generous IMO in the ratings, particularly in the direction of King, Benning and Hamilton.
victor A block
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bros » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:58 am

I noticed your disparaging remarks about' the prawn sandwich brigade'. We paid good money to be in the hospitality rather than getting a free seat and sandwiches like the reporters sat just in front of us
The1861 suite was fully booked which is why some of us had our view obstructed by folk with headphones on but we didn't complain
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:45 am

Bros wrote:I noticed your disparaging remarks about' the prawn sandwich brigade'. We paid good money to be in the hospitality rather than getting a free seat and sandwiches like the reporters sat just in front of us
The1861 suite was fully booked which is why some of us had our view obstructed by folk with headphones on but we didn't complain

the prawn sandwich bit was very much tongue in cheek Bros, most definitely not disparaging of people including my friends who regularly pay good money into the club, but apologise if it appeared as such. However by lots of people coming in late for the second half I couldn't see what happened which does make it difficult to commentate. I don't get a free seat by the way, and nor does Dean - we both pay for a season ticket. If my headphones obscured your view, then I apologise about that.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bros » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:44 pm

Apology accepted Martin.
I believe the comment was first made by Roy Keane about the corporate customers at MUtd games where there was no atmosphere. We all know that in the 1861 suite, most people are passionate supporters who make a lot of noise at the games. We were sat next to a couple from Lincoln so it was interesting to hear their view on the ex-Stags and the style of play.
Unfortunately people at half time do not realise how quickly time passes and only come out after the game has restarted.
Keep up the good work with the commentaries
p.s. we were offered a sandwich but declined as the Radio Lincoln commentator in front of us seemed more in need than us.
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Im not the real OND » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:01 pm

If a referee is convinced enough to give a free kick for a dive, is it not automatically a yellow card?

And, given King was given a yellow, am I right in thinking their player shouldn’t have had to go off and wait for play to restart.

Their sending off was an easy decision. Bennett’s second yellow was barely a foul, let alone a yellow.

Certainly not to blame for the result, but he has to be one of the worst officials we’ve had surely?
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:25 pm

report tweaked in a number of places after going through the game again from the three camera angles we have (main camera and two pitchside cameras).

http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewr ... atchid=915

18 minutes of highlights including pitchside footage coming on iFollow Stags once loaded.

Below is a screenshot of Waterfall throwing the bottle into the crowd
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bridgford Stag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:58 pm

Thought Logan kept us in it with lots of high balls and he did take clatterings at high balls into the box.

For me he was MOM just ahead of White imo

Rest of the ratings about right Martin...

.....despite your view being obstructed by the 'prawn sandwich brigade'......made me chuckle :)

Oh Bros.... didn't think an apology was needed?.. ;)
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:08 pm

6.5 for Alex MacDonald? A higher score than Benning, Bennett, Pearce and Anderson who I thought played better than Macca. How many chances did Lincoln actually create despite their pressure in the 2nd half?

I'm a big fan of Macca but I thought it was his worst performance of the season. I normally give him 8 or 9 but 6 at best for last night.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:15 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:6.5 for Alex MacDonald? A higher score than Benning, Bennett, Pearce and Anderson who I thought played better than Macca. How many chances did Lincoln actually create despite their pressure in the 2nd half?

I'm a big fan of Macca but I thought it was his worst performance of the season. I normally give him 8 or 9 but 6 at best for last night.

Mc Donald was getting muscled off the ball, spraying misplaced passes (one into touch) By far his worst game for us TTF
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:08 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:6.5 for Alex MacDonald? A higher score than Benning, Bennett, Pearce and Anderson who I thought played better than Macca. How many chances did Lincoln actually create despite their pressure in the 2nd half?

if we're arguing over 0.5 then we're not far apart.

Pearce was disappointing. Silly booking for Bennett got him in trouble later on, though the second yellow was poor decision. Anderson did little. Benning was poor in the second half.

I haven't had a call from Flitcroft yet so I am taking the ratings as not too far out :D
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:22 am

In fairness Bennett was unlucky for both bookings, left the ball for the first with the ref not looking - lincoln fans booed and because it rolled away looked like he'd kicked it away.

Second was a soft tackle.

Some of the decisions were shockingly bad from the man in the middle one of the worst we've had this season.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bradders » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:30 am

Stags 2002 wrote:In fairness Bennett was unlucky for both bookings, left the ball for the first with the ref not looking - lincoln fans booed and because it rolled away looked like he'd kicked it away.

That's how I remember it but someone else said that he kicked the ball into touch. Is that on the video?
I was surprised at the time that failing to retrieve a ball is counted as timewasting - I've never seen that happen before, as normally when the ball is out of play it's not seen as the duty of any player to go and fetch it. After all, the player has a duty to the team to ensure that he's in position when the throw-in is taken. On Tuesday night, had Bennett gone to get the ball it would have taken longer than what actually happened (i.e. a replacement ball was used).
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:17 am

Bradders wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:In fairness Bennett was unlucky for both bookings, left the ball for the first with the ref not looking - lincoln fans booed and because it rolled away looked like he'd kicked it away.

That's how I remember it but someone else said that he kicked the ball into touch. Is that on the video?
I was surprised at the time that failing to retrieve a ball is counted as timewasting - I've never seen that happen before, as normally when the ball is out of play it's not seen as the duty of any player to go and fetch it. After all, the player has a duty to the team to ensure that he's in position when the throw-in is taken. On Tuesday night, had Bennett gone to get the ball it would have taken longer than what actually happened (i.e. a replacement ball was used).

he did kick the ball initially, though it was soon after the whistle so he could probably argue that it wasn't deliberate. Then he let the ball run away.

If you could appeal two yellows, the red would probably be overturned. But you can't.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bridgford Stag » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:34 pm

Always said to cousin Henry that some of our bookings have been unnecessary and tbh ridiculous. A second 'slight' misdemeanour invites a ref to get a second yellow out.

Will players ever learn?
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum