{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Spencer

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Spencer

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:53 am

Ollie to a T Tippy Tappy

Run around headless chicken and look very very busy and miss most but score odd scrapes and important goals, just like last night.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:05 am

I agree that Rose was shocking, I know he was tired but towards the end of the game he wasn't even challenging for the ball. If i am not mistaken he didn't close the defender down properly and the ball went up to Rhead and goal. Not like him.
lifestags
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:58 am

I think people are being v harsh on Spencer. I thought when he came on he held the ball up well and he has a decent touch. If there were any issues last night Jimmy wasn't the problem

Its difficult to impress with 15 minute cameos but I thought he did ok
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MHStag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:15 am

People saying Spencer offers nowt are talking out their hoops. Excellent away at Cardiff. Very good at holding the ball up.

With respect to last night, as said above, we didn't lose last night because of Jimmy Spencer.
MHStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ParisStag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:23 am

Spencer did well when he came on. His first touch was excellent and he linked play better than Rose and Hemmings managed all game.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:28 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:So do I. Are people really singling out Spencer for the Stagsnet treatment, after he came on and did better than the majority of that team did tonight.

His role was basically as a target for launched balls. The service to the front was crap, yet most things stuck to Spencer. Folks need to look at what went off behind the bloke; the midfield barely put a shift of any quality in.

I don't think it's based purely on last night's performance Doomy. Each time Evans brought him on it would usually have a negative impact to the team.

Hemmings and Rose were dead on their feet last night and Spencer is brought on to freshen things up and he is trudging around like he has just finished a marathon. His running between the Lincoln defence was shocking and for a big lad his hold up play is nothing short of atrocious. The number of times he gets easily muscled off the ball is pathetic. Then maybe you thing he might offer something in the air but nope I don't recall him winning a header all season with the exception of the Guisley game. Compared to Danny Rose who he has a considerable height advantage over his heading ability reminds me of Andy White.

Dare I say it Spencer makes Ollie Palmer look like a decent forward and Matt Rhead look like Alan Shearer.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:30 pm

lifestags wrote:I agree that Rose was shocking, I know he was tired but towards the end of the game he wasn't even challenging for the ball. If i am not mistaken he didn't close the defender down properly and the ball went up to Rhead and goal. Not like him.

I would say Rose was so shattered mate because he was constantly leaping like a Salmon to win the ball in the air against a huge Lincoln backline and took a hell of a lot of punishment in doing so.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:51 pm

MHStag wrote:People saying Spencer offers nowt are talking out their hoops. Excellent away at Cardiff. Very good at holding the ball up.

With respect to last night, as said above, we didn't lose last night because of Jimmy Spencer.

Sounds like we’ve got our boo boy
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum