{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Matt Green

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Matt Green

Postby 1970Stag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:44 pm

joey bananas wrote:Lincoln mate of mine has the exact thoughts as the majority of us about Palmer. Big headed and absolutely tosh at football .

And yet he's scored at least 24 goals in the football league, and before you all say how many appearances, most of them are as impact subs I guess, and when you score the equaliser against local rivals, I expect a lot of fans are happy? he should score more as he's a striker, but he consistently gets 4-8 a season, and they all count.
1970Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:14 pm

1970Stag wrote:
joey bananas wrote:Lincoln mate of mine has the exact thoughts as the majority of us about Palmer. Big headed and absolutely tosh at football .

And yet he's scored at least 24 goals in the football league, and before you all say how many appearances, most of them are as impact subs I guess, and when you score the equaliser against local rivals, I expect a lot of fans are happy? he should score more as he's a striker, but he consistently gets 4-8 a season, and they all count.

Of his 24 goals scored whilst playing for a League 2 side after us, 4 of them have come against us. In fact he's scored almost as many goals against us as he did for us.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:08 pm

I would have loved to have kept Matt Rhead particularly as a Plan B if you need to go direct to get a goal or to hang on to the ball to try and see the game out. However Adam Murray did him a massive favour by offering him a new contract on much reduced wages as it resulted in Rheady moving to Lincoln where he has played regularly and never looked back. It was a big mistake by Muzza although he was having to work with probably less than half the budget that Steve Evans had.

I'm sure there are a few teams in League 1 and 2 who would not mind using Rheady as a Plan B. Barry Fry seemed to be impressed when we played Peterborough in a friendly a few years ago but Rheady is 33 and just wants to play football. When his time is up at Lincoln. I am sure there will be a few National League clubs who will be keen to acquire his services in the same way that Jon Parkin is still doing a great job at York City aged 36.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:15 pm

Spiritater wrote:Rhead was terrific. He's very, very good at what he does. Our front two were tommy tank tonight. He's similar to Akinfenwa.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum