{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bury fan’s view of Flitcroft

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bury fan’s view of Flitcroft

Postby sw19stag » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:38 pm

What?
You said, 'Swindon fans will be miffed he has left when he did for a smaller club. '

Well they're not miffed at all. They're pleased. Read their forum.
We're miffed SE has left.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby withnail » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:46 pm

21 wins in 42 games for Swindon (50%) is an excellent return and 40.6% won over his short managerial career, plus a promotion, is pretty impressive. For all his alleged managerial failings he seems to be performing incredibly well.
withnail
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:49 pm

stag_27 wrote:Would any of our former managers get an unequivocally positive review from our fans? It is the nature of football I think.!

Well said Stag if you look at Cox he got us promoted n his record is at least finishing 11th in division 2

But if you ask any fans the quality of football was boring at best, better players sent out on loan or sat in the stands because Cox liked his good old boys who nodded their head at the right time....

I could name 5 or 6 players who now play at a lower level due to their ability but Cox played them every week in division 2 because the instruction was boot it long n defend with 10 players
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Hear's what their local paper has to say about it all.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/spor ... e_written/
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:57 pm

One step at a time.

He comes across well and seems to be pleased to be here.

He seems happy with the squad (including the keepers!)

and most importantly he's not yet told us how lucky we are to employ him. ;)
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:58 pm

sw19stag wrote:What?
You said, 'Swindon fans will be miffed he has left when he did for a smaller club. '

Well they're not miffed at all. They're pleased. Read their forum.
We're miffed SE has left.

I'm ecstatic Evans has gone, absolutely made my day. I'm annoyed how he did it and how he treated our owners. Of course Swindon fans will claim to be pleased, they are probably embarrassed he has left them for us. However, as many have pointed out, his record there was good and they were hardly calling for his head!

Stag_27 has it about right, fans and local media are highly unlikely to be full of praise for someone who has dumped them for another club. Take these sort of things with a pinch of salt and base your view of him on what he does here, no what the jilted think of him.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:00 pm

Why are you ecstatic Evans has gone?

I'm not.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:08 pm

sw19stag wrote:Why are you ecstatic Evans has gone?

I'm not.

Fair enough, I've always loathed him so am delighted he is longer at our club. I don't think the job he did with the resources he was given was anything special either.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:42 pm

Like I said, I held my nose but his manner of departure and the timing have made me vomit. I hope his next Shiite is a hedgehog
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:49 pm

I have kept quiet over the last few days. I thought I would let the dust settle. Here is my view:

I am very disappointed that Steve Evans jumped ship at such a crucial stage and left us in the lurch. (And I wasn't impressed by the manner in which he did it). Whilst I wasn't 100% confident of an automatic place, I felt that he might be able to negotiate the play-off's successfully.
So we are where we are.
My first choice would have been Uwe Rosler.
David Flitcroft is a reasonable choice given the circumstances: He has gained promotion from this league before with Bury, and he has taken Swindon from a difficult position last summer to within 3 points of us, and he also knows all about league 2. So his appointment appears to be a sensible choice. Although, the comments from the Swindon & Bury fans are a concern.
That said - David Flitcroft is our manager now. This is an opportunity for glory. We must give Flitcroft our full backing, no matter what happens in the local derbies against Lincoln, Notts Co & Chesterfield. It is not about our rivals, and it is not about Steve Evans anymore ......... It is about firing us to promotion. If everything comes together:- the players, the manager, the fans, the momentum ...... then we can do it!

:coys:
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Vice President wrote:I have kept quiet over the last few days. I thought I would let the dust settle. Here is my view:

I am very disappointed that Steve Evans jumped ship at such a crucial stage and left us in the lurch. (And I wasn't impressed by the manner in which he did it). Whilst I wasn't 100% confident of an automatic place, I felt that he might be able to negotiate the play-off's successfully.
So we are where we are.
My first choice would have been Uwe Rosler.
David Flitcroft is a reasonable choice given the circumstances: He has gained promotion from this league before with Bury, and he has taken Swindon from a difficult position last summer to within 3 points of us, and he also knows all about league 2. So his appointment appears to be a sensible choice. Although, the comments from the Swindon & Bury fans are a concern.
That said - David Flitcroft is our manager now. This is an opportunity for glory. We must give Flitcroft our full backing, no matter what happens in the local derbies against Lincoln, Notts Co & Chesterfield. It is not about our rivals, and it is not about Steve Evans anymore ......... It is about firing us to promotion. If everything comes together:- the players, the manager, the fans, the momentum ...... then we can do it!

:coys:

Good post, VP
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:50 pm

Flipflop out. No futcher
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:47 pm

You could sum this thread up in one paragraph.....

Cloughie leaves Leeds for Forest... the rest is history.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:14 pm

Apparently, the length of Flitcrofts contract has not been disclosed, put me right if I havd missed something.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

!

Postby FarnieStag » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Without defending Evans too much, it just seems a bit a seedy all round in my opinion. From Evans resigning to "go abroad", to the club cancelling the fans forum due to "bad weather"... football just seem corrupt and secretive. The last thing any of them want is for the fans to know the truth.
Before everyone screams that John Radford is the saviour of the human race, I know he's done a heck of a lot for the club, but putting him on such a big pedestal is just plain foolish - you don't get where John Radford is without having a ruthless streak.
We can hardly demand Evans' head and then welcome with open arms a man who has done exactly the same thing to his previous club.
Love and peace, and Up The Stags
FarnieStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: !

Postby bmthstag » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:16 pm

FarnieStag wrote:Without defending Evans too much, it just seems a bit a seedy all round in my opinion. From Evans resigning to "go abroad", to the club cancelling the fans forum due to "bad weather"... football just seem corrupt and secretive. The last thing any of them want is for the fans to know the truth.
Before everyone screams that John Radford is the saviour of the human race, I know he's done a heck of a lot for the club, but putting him on such a big pedestal is just plain foolish - you don't get where John Radford is without having a ruthless streak.
We can hardly demand Evans' head and then welcome with open arms a man who has done exactly the same thing to his previous club.

I’m not so sure the comparison is correct.
Evans apparently resigned to work abroad, phoned a mate for tickets then got offered a job within minutes.
Radford approached Swindon’s chairman, agreed terms, got permission to speak to Flitcroft, interviewed him and offered him the job.

I don’t think it’s at all fair to say Flitcroft has done the same as Evans.
bmthstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Binghamstag » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:19 pm

Big difference is evans was planning to leave our club on sunday night and went about it all the wrong way
John radford did it right way. Ringing the swindon chairman asking to speak to swindons manager. Did radford recieve any call from the posh boss. No
Binghamstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:27 pm

FarnieStag wrote:Without defending Evans too much, it just seems a bit a seedy all round in my opinion. From Evans resigning to "go abroad", to the club cancelling the fans forum due to "bad weather"... football just seem corrupt and secretive. The last thing any of them want is for the fans to know the truth.

Arsegravy
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:30 pm

if it wasn't for Radford, we probably wouldn't have Mansfield town ... he's not the saviour of the human race. but he's the bloody saviour of our football club and has got us into the best position on and off the pitch for years .
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:32 pm

Pretty much spot on I'd say.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:36 pm

The Radford's are the most important people at the club. They are far more important than the manager and the players. We are extremely lucky to have them. And disappointed though I was to learn of Steve Evans' departure, I would be far, far more concerned if the Radford's decided to walk away from the club.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:55 pm

I was very disappointed when Evans left.He did well for us.Peterborough is the one club he wanted to manage apart from celtic.He lives near there and is a fan so I can see why he left us.Not many managers stay long at a club for varying reasons.Flitcroft has had a promotion knows league two very well.He has inherited an excellent squad and whats more he wanted to come here.I wish him well and hope we are in the league above next season.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:08 pm

I asked a Bury fan for his opinion on Flipflop and he said we will have a good start and then fade.

But don't all managers do that? They would not be getting the sack unless the performances started to fade.

Just as long as the good start sees us to the end of the season.
Upper West
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:30 pm

What if Steve Evans had a clause in his MTFC contract that said he would be released immediately if the Peterborough job came available.

Perhaps this was the only way SE would come to the Stags.
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:55 pm

Then why all the raspberrys with the job abroad, only phoned up to get tickets etc?
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum