{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

POSSIBLE REPRIEVE ?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: POSSIBLE REPRIEVE ?

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:03 pm

the latest on 3G pitches and the Football League

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:38 pm

tweet from Sutton United manager. Will be interesting to see what option B is ...

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby 1970Stag » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Plan B will be to use the FL money and replace it with grass I assume? It's odd how you have to have ground gradings in place by March to be promoted/allowed in the playoffs, but not when it's the surface you're playing on.
1970Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:09 pm

Sutton manager Paul Doswell clarifies what he meant:

So there you have it, if Sutton get promoted, they will try to find the money to lay a grass pitch and there will be no reprieve for Chesterfield or anyone else.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:02 am

Very pleased about this. 3G/4G pitches should not be allowed in the Football League.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:34 pm

It's a ridiculously embarrassing decision by the FA and the powers that be, where are these dinosaurs living? They don't represent the thoughts of the people or modern times.

It's well established that 3G pitches are more than suitable and should be a lifeline for lower league teams, it's yet again a decision which defies common sense and the general concensus.

I bet folk who don't like 3G pitches are probably those that are in awe of floodlights, boo black players and think 2 points is still valid for a win, jeez. It's probably akin to witchcraft for them.

Bloody international football has been played on it FGS.

It's examples like this why he FA or whoever and the English system is so far behind the times.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:01 pm

If a decision has to be made on this then all players in the FL should be asked the question,

Would you sooner play on grass or plastic? The majority decision should the hold sway. After all they are the ones who have to perform to the best of their ability on it.

I think the vote would come down on the side of a decent grass pitch.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:08 pm

A lot of players do not like training or playing on 3G pitches. They say it is bad for their joints, knees etc. I don't know if there is any research on this point. I could ask at work. Matt Green always complained about training on 3G pitches.

If you want to join the Football League then you should pay for a decent grass pitch. Membership of the FL is worth around £1 million per year so there should be no complaints. The money will otherwise just be spent by clubs on more players. If I want to watch a team play on 3G then I can go and watch Liam Hearn and Rob Duffy at Basford United.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Very pleased about this. 3G/4G pitches should not be allowed in the Football League.

Pish
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:47 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Very pleased about this. 3G/4G pitches should not be allowed in the Football League.

Pish

Tourette’s?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:50 pm

It's unfortunate some don't see the way it's going.

The fa will have to wake up sooner or later.

Not good enough for league 2 but good enough for FIFA UEFA CONCAF etc.

It's not hard to see who's right and moving forward in the right direction, and who's wrong and are dinosaurs.

Like it or not, like video refs, it's coming. Moan and complain all you want, but it's here. Maybe not now or tomorrow, but soon.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:20 am

Last edited by Woodclanger 1 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:20 am

It isn’t the FA, it is the FL and the FL is its 72 members who have made this decision
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:21 am

adamstag wrote:It's unfortunate some don't see the way it's going.

It's not hard to see who's right and moving forward in the right direction, and who's wrong and are dinosaurs.

Like it or not, like video refs, it's coming. Moan and complain all you want, but it's here. Maybe not now or tomorrow, but soon.

Who can forget the ball hitting a divot, bouncing over Daines foot and Syrett putting it (just) into the empty net.
Or the ball bouncing awkwardly over the Chester defenders leg and Cassells romping away to score.

I'm sure fans can think of lots of other examples where the pitch has created drama of good and bad moments?

May I suggest Adam you take up carpet bowls on that perfect surface!!
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:42 am

I would welcome 3g pitches in the FL, not because of the more consistent surface but more the additional revenue they provide lower league clubs starved of money. Can see why others dislike it, but as adam says, it is being used in numerous other leagues and is undoubtedly an improvement on the 'plastic pitches' of the past.
Hjeldefan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Im not the real OND » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:51 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
adamstag wrote:It's unfortunate some don't see the way it's going.

Who can forget the ball hitting a divot, bouncing over Daines foot and Syrett putting it (just) into the empty net.
Or the ball bouncing awkwardly over the Chester defenders leg and Cassells romping away to score.

I'm sure fans can think of lots of other examples where the pitch has created drama of good and bad moments?

May I suggest Adam you take up carpet bowls on that perfect surface!!

O'Neil Donaldson outpacing the Wolves defence on a pitch more suited to Blackpool donkeys.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum