{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Just got back Dudley?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Just got back Dudley?

Postby AndyStag » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:22 pm

I always enjoyed reading Dudley's Head "Just got back" posts but they seem to have been missing for a bit. They were a good read for away games I could not attend and gave a good fans eye summary. They were reasoned rather than hysterical from a positive or negative view. Hope you're ok fella and would be good to see your posts return.
AndyStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Just got back Dudley?

Postby SuffolkStag » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:54 pm

I agree. Always enjoyed reading Dudley's post-match analysis but don't remember seeing them for ages.

Bring back Dudley!
SuffolkStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:53 am

Perhaps he don’t go to every away game ?
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Dudleys Head » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:33 am

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm still at most matches (though not all) and still providing my 'just got back' comments - just not on Stagsnet.

I found myself getting involved with the occasional Stagsnet bully (we've all met them) and decided that life was too short to spend my weekend away justifying what I'd said - to someone who clearly had lost (probably never had) the power of reasoned debate.

I can't get to the Exeter game but should be at the rest of the away games. If you want to read what I think I'm happy to get my comments to you. Usually within a couple of hours of the final whistle.
Dudleys Head
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby sw19stag » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:40 am

That's a shame mate.
Lots of people on here, including myself, enjoyed your contributions.
If you change your mind, you'll be welcomed back [by most people] I'm sure.
sw19stag
First Team
First Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:46 am

Look forward to reading them again.
I am Spartacus
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:47 am

Keep posting them on here Dudley. You could even post them under Martin's Stagsnet Report thread as another view of the game.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:49 am

Dudleys Head wrote:Thanks for the kind words.

I'm still at most matches (though not all) and still providing my 'just got back' comments - just not on Stagsnet.

I found myself getting involved with the occasional Stagsnet bully (we've all met them) and decided that life was too short to spend my weekend away justifying what I'd said - to someone who clearly had lost (probably never had) the power of reasoned debate.

I can't get to the Exeter game but should be at the rest of the away games. If you want to read what I think I'm happy to get my comments to you. Usually within a couple of hours of the final whistle.

it's disappointing to hear you feel like that Dudleys head.

I had a look back through your last couple, and cannot see any bullying, though I can see some disagreement. I do understand though that you may not want to spend time arguing with people who disagree with you. It is a reality that if you put your head above the parapet in an open forum, there will be some who disagree with you.

I hope you start posting again, as I enjoy reading your posts. Football is a game of opinions, people will never agree.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:00 am

Martin Shaw wrote:

it's disappointing to hear you feel like that Dudleys head.

I had a look back through your last couple, and cannot see any bullying, though I can see some disagreement. I do understand though that you may not want to spend time arguing with people who disagree with you. It is a reality that if you put your head above the parapet in an open forum, there will be some who disagree with you.

I hope you start posting again, as I enjoy reading your posts. Football is a game of opinions, people will never agree.

I disagree Martin!

Seriously Dudley bring it back, it was an enjoyable read.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Wilfred » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:58 am

Don't be put off by the odd naysayer, Dudley.

Along with the majority on here I thoroughly enjoy your reports.

You add a further dimension to Martin's excellent coverage so come on back with the "Just Got Back's."

You know it makes sense.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:17 pm

"Just get back"
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:14 pm

I really miss your reports too Dudley, please start reposting them.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby steiner » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:03 pm

Always used to look out for your post after away games, A fans eye view who gave a valued opinion on how you saw the game,
I too would really appreciate you posting on stagsnet again.
steiner
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:41 pm

Dud's posts are what they are and written as he sees the game. Everyone doesn't agree with what everyone else says there will be folk who disagree with what is said. Should Dud say things that one doesn't agree with should we just accept it or comment on it... in a civil way?
It's a discussion forum so if you are posting on here you should expect your posts to be discussed... just like mine when I post about the lack of numbers coming through the gates. ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:24 am

Glad, you`re still attending Dudley, and as the above have already said please do start reporting again. Just out of interest what would you have said about the Swindon match? Having gone to it myself i`d be very interested in reading how you saw it.
garlic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Look Dudley, just start posting again and then don’t look again at the thread. Jobs a good one and everyone happy.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Always looked forward to the post and always agreed with your non-biased views when wriiten on games I had attended. Keep on putting them in Dud.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stag on the Beach » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:07 pm

part time pete wrote:Look Dudley, just start posting again and then don’t look again at the thread. Jobs a good one and everyone happy.

The way I read it, Dudley's Head was getting grief in person while at an away game ("life was too short to spend my weekend away justifying what I'd said"), rather than on this board.
Stag on the Beach
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Yep. There’s some who just want to slag off others. It must be a sad life.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Stag on the Beach wrote:
part time pete wrote:Look Dudley, just start posting again and then don’t look again at the thread. Jobs a good one and everyone happy.

The way I read it, Dudley's Head was getting grief in person while at an away game ("life was too short to spend my weekend away justifying what I'd said"), rather than on this board.

I think you have read that incorrectly . I read it that he was having to post on here all weekend to justify his comments.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 am

Totally understand your position Dudley, I like you get judged by people who don't even know you (also never been to the match you reviewed) or in my case dont sit nowhere near me.

Sad thing is we miss out on your reviews, which I always liked to read due to only getting to half the away games. Main thing is as long as you still love watching the stags and still go that's the main thing
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:38 pm

Spiritater wrote:Dud's posts are what they are and written as he sees the game. Everyone doesn't agree with what everyone else says there will be folk who disagree with what is said. Should Dud say things that one doesn't agree with should we just accept it or comment on it... in a civil way?
It's a discussion forum so if you are posting on here you should expect your posts to be discussed... just like mine when I post about the lack of numbers coming through the gates. ;)

Not again 'tater!!!!! :lol:
Mr Grimsdale
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:08 pm

Dudley - your audience awaits.......
I am Spartacus
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby smulls » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:43 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Dudley - your audience awaits.......

As Dudley said before, he couldn't make Exeter game.
smulls
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:46 am

smulls wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Dudley - your audience awaits.......

As Dudley said before, he couldn't make Exeter game.

Doesn’t stop him making it up - everyone else on here does! He he he
I am Spartacus
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum