{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Today

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Today

Postby Norman » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:18 pm

We were on top until they scored . After that nothing . There keeper didn’t have nothing to do all day which is worrying. Thought the Stags fans were great throughout getting behind the team. Saw Miller come on then he disappeared? By the way big Yellow your a cockaadoodle . Were you at the game?
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Today

Postby skeglad » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10 pm

There keeper. Where keeper?
Didn’t have nothing to do? So he had shed loads to do?
There Their They're
skeglad
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:53 pm

Norman wrote:We were on top until they scored . After that nothing . There keeper didn’t have nothing to do all day which is worrying. Thought the Stags fans were great throughout getting behind the team. Saw Miller come on then he disappeared? By the way big Yellow your a cockaadoodle . Were you at the game?

We've lost so I was right wasn't I, you're back.

No I wasn't at the game, I was at work until 12 and then looking after my granddaughter so her mum could go to work, what a thoroughly bad Stags fan I am eh! Perhaps I should serve a three match ban for my sins. Or even worse be forced to give you English lessons.

Anyway here's to hoping you have to crawl back under your rock for another nine games.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:18 am

Big yella wrote:
Norman wrote:We were on top until they scored . After that nothing . There keeper didn’t have nothing to do all day which is worrying. Thought the Stags fans were great throughout getting behind the team. Saw Miller come on then he disappeared? By the way big Yellow your a cockaadoodle . Were you at the game?

We've lost so I was right wasn't I, you're back.

No I wasn't at the game, I was at work until 12 and then looking after my granddaughter so her mum could go to work, what a thoroughly bad Stags fan I am eh! Perhaps I should serve a three match ban for my sins. Or even worse be forced to give you English lessons.

Anyway here's to hoping you have to crawl back under your rock for another nine games.

Don’t let Norman rile you, BY.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:04 am

Big Yella - I find it hard to believe that you are involved in a verbal, albeit written, spat with someone.

So unlike you.
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:54 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Big Yella - I find it hard to believe that you are involved in a verbal, albeit written, spat with someone.

So unlike you.

Funnily enough I don’t find it difficult at all... lol
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby m1cksut » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 pm

yesterday was, looked at in the round, quite a good day for us, apart from our result.
only really accy and swindon in the top echelon that picked up points, all the others will look at
yesterdays results as points dropped.
we were due a bad result/performance so lets hope that its now behind us and we can get back to winning ways.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:01 pm

oh, and county lost, so it was a good day anyway!
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:32 pm

m1cksut wrote:yesterday was, looked at in the round, quite a good day for us, apart from our result.
only really accy and swindon in the top echelon that picked up points, all the others will look at
we were due a bad result/performance- so lets hope that its now behind us and we can get back to winning ways.

I don't get all that 'we were due a defeat' stuff. If you're going to get results then if you're good enough you will.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Spiritater wrote:
m1cksut wrote:yesterday was, looked at in the round, quite a good day for us, apart from our result.
we were due a bad result/performance- so lets hope that its now behind us and we can get back to winning ways.

I don't get all that 'we were due a defeat' stuff. If you're going to get results then if you're good enough you will.

do you not?
it works like this, all teams have good runs, which end eventually, all teams have bad runs, which ALSO end eventually,
so, we have had a pretty good run, which inevitably had to end sometime.
man city are the best team in Britain at the moment, but still lost to liverpool a couple of weeks ago.
their bad run only lasted one game, perhaps ours will too.
if you need anything else spelling out for you, please post that you don't get something, and i, or one of the other intelligent posters, will explain it for you in words you will understand.
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby sw19stag » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:19 pm

m1cksut wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

do you not?
it works like this, all teams have good runs, which end eventually, all teams have bad runs, which ALSO end eventually,
man city are the best team in Britain at the moment, but still lost to liverpool a couple of weeks ago.
if you need anything else spelling out for you, please post that you don't get something, and i, or one of the other intelligent posters, will explain it for you in words you will understand.

So exactly how long is the good run supposed to last before you're 'due a bad result/performance'?
5 games?
10?
15?
Let everybody know next time we're due a bad result/performance and it'll save traipsing all the
way to places like Swindon.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:37 pm

We don't know. The last side to go through a season unbeaten was arsenal in 03/04. No one knowswhen the defeat will come. Nobody is saying we know when it will come, that's just silly.

A mark of a good side is not one who never loses, but one who bounces back quick from a defeat.

Theoretically, a team cam go unbeaten for a whole season and be relegated. If you draw every game in our league that's 46 points.

Let's see how we come back from this.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:30 pm

m1cksut wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

do you not?

The words an 'intelligent' poster unlike yourself would have put in the original post would have been,
'we would've lost at sometime eventually as all good sides will eventually lose one'. This you posted in your post replying to mine which is correct.
'Due' means expected at or planned for at a certain time.

Of course everyone (even a thicko like me) knows we'll lose eventually
So as sw19stag puts, how long is it before we are due to lose one again O wise one? It'll save some lads a fair wad.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:59 pm

yes, we were due a bad result/performance at some time this season.
we will lose another one within the next 15 games.
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:40 am

Hasn't no one sussed Norman out yet.....

Starts a post with derogatory comments then sits back n watches everyone reaction.....

He sounds like a guy on Facebook named Colin Perry supposedly a Stags fan but always post raspberry about the Stags.....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:06 am

I think Norman is his proper name not a pseudonym. I do agree with the rest of your post.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:50 am

SINA STAG wrote:Hasn't no one sussed Norman out yet.....

Starts a post with derogatory comments then sits back n watches everyone reaction.....

He sounds like a guy on Facebook named Colin Perry supposedly a Stags fan but always post raspberry about the Stags.....

you mean Colin Parry Sina. Big difference. Colin Perry who lives in Herts is a very sensible poster and a very supportive Stags fan.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:41 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I think Norman is his proper name not a pseudonym.

no it is not his real name
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I think Norman is his proper name not a pseudonym.

no it is not his real name

:lol: A wind up merchant would never use his real name :lol: :lol: His real name is LOSER because that is the only time he comes on here when we have lost :mrgreen:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:28 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Hasn't no one sussed Norman out yet.....

I suspect they have, but reply for a bit of amusement while the tele's bust ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:09 am

I see the board troll has nothing to say this evening.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:56 am

Isn't persistent trolling a bootable offence?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:59 am

ParisStag wrote:Isn't persistent trolling a bootable offence?

Yes
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:28 am

The One wrote:

Yes

Since when is having an opinion trolling ? Some absolute mugs on this board tbh.

Yes thought we were brilliant tonight . Shame about the attendance!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:30 am

Norman wrote:
The One wrote:

Yes

Since when is having an opinion trolling ? Some absolute mugs on this board tbh.

Yes thought we were brilliant tonight . Shame about the attendance!

Cold Tuesday nights in term time are always going to be lower than normal crowds.
It was slightly disappointing but better than last season (Evans' first home night game v Blackpool was approx. the same with more away fans)
The Barnet crowd of 3700 was good considering no ticket offers. We relied on ticket offers last season to approach this crowd for a bog standard home game.
Things are on the up and if we are in the mix in the next few weeks we should get the support the team deserves.

Generally last nights crowds were down across the board. Chesterfield also lost approx 1000 fans and they still count non attenders who have season tickets and Notts County lost approx 14000.
ST4GS
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum