{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

EFL Rule change next season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

EFL Rule change next season

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Anyone aware of this for next season?

New for 2018 is a Special Recognition Award which will celebrate the EFL’s continued commitment to Youth Development.

From the 2018/19 season, all EFL clubs will need to name at least one Club Developed player on each team sheet for any EFL game, and this award will recognise a star-studded Club Developed XI, showcasing players ‘born and raised’ in the EFL, as well as the excellent work of EFL clubs in developing some of the most talented footballers in the country.

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/efl-awards-stars-to-be-honoured-at-2018-ceremony/?utm_source=emailmarketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=league_two_weekend_preview_09022018&utm_content=2018-02-09
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: EFL Rule change next season

Postby stag861 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Can we resign Bappa and have him as our Club developed player?
stag861
First Team
First Team

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Each EFL club will need to include one “club-developed” player in their match day squad, who will be defined as a player who has been registered with their current team for at least 12 months prior to the end of their U19 season.

We already have to name 6 Home-grown players
A “Home Grown Player” is defined as a player who, irrespective of their nationality or age, has been registered with any association football club affiliated to the FA or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or non-continuous, of three seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which they turn 21)
halifaxstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:02 pm

Of our current first team, our only club developed player is Jack Thomas. Lewis Collins would not qualify (I don’t think) because he first signed for us after his U19 season.
Most of the U21/U18s would although it is not clear from the definition what would happen if , for instance you put a U19 player in the match day squad during their first 12 months at a club.
halifaxstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:13 pm

halifaxstag wrote:Of our current first team, our only club developed player is Jack Thomas. Lewis Collins would not qualify (I don’t think) because he first signed for us after his U19 season.
Most of the U21/U18s would although it is not clear from the definition what would happen if , for instance you put a U19 player in the match day squad during their first 12 months at a club.

The last part I suppose would depend on how long the club has had him for. If the player is under 18 and stay with us for 1 year he would qualify.

In it's current guise then it may mean second chances for young players may be harder to come by
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Looks like we will be down to six subs then if Evans is here next year.
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:17 am

I was amazed man city couldn't name a full sub bench?
Surely they could of put a youth player in?
My thought was if a youth players contract says he will get double wages maybe 10 fold for making sub bench.
Think it's 0.007% of youth teams players make it to the premier league.
There is so much talented youth team players wasting time trying to make it at bid clubs.
Probably on more wages at 16 in prem than our first 11.
It's so wrong if true.

:coys:
chip63
First Team
First Team

Postby stag861 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:05 am

Man City's development squad had played the day before and Pep didn't want to risk them, even on the bench.
stag861
First Team
First Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum