{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Kane Hemmings - no goals....

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Kane Hemmings - no goals....

Postby Big yella » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:16 pm

But that my lad is how you run a front line.

Excellent truly excellent.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Re: Kane Hemmings - no goals....

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:28 pm

He’s the Glue, the Cog, even the Fulcrum if you must!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:48 pm

You could see he was gutted when he came off yesterday because he'd not scored and he was being replaced by the striker signed in midweek, but he was immense, if he'd done nothing and missed the header then it'd be different but the goal would have been the cherry on top. I thought he was fantastic yesterday.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:59 pm

He was the best player on the pitch yesterday. His ability to run the channels and link the play was clear for everyone to see. He was unlucky not to score after crafting a few chances for himself.

The header he missed was a sitter, but no worse than the chance McDonald missed.

He and Rose are brilliant together, its going to be tough for Miller to break the partnership up - exactly how it should be
Last edited by kevin kents tasce on Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:06 pm

played well, however best player on the pitch?, Macca and Pearce for me yesterday
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:33 pm

I will happily concede that after his first 10 games or so I really didn't rate him, but I admit, he is looking excellent now. Well done Kane - keep it up!
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stace1983 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:36 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:played well, however best player on the pitch?, Macca and Pearce for me yesterday

I thought Pearce looked a bit nervous at times but that run with the ball that ultimately led to Roses’s goal was fantastic
stace1983
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:41 pm

in all my years i’ve never seen us with such quality options in the back two slots
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:44 pm

stace1983 wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:played well, however best player on the pitch?, Macca and Pearce for me yesterday

I thought Pearce looked a bit nervous at times but that run with the ball that ultimately led to Roses’s goal was fantastic

I thought Pearce started poorly yesterday. For the first 20 minutes or so Akinde was giving him problems and Pearce looked rattled.

Second half he was very good, and the run for the third goal was brilliant.

McDonald was good and his goal was brilliant, but he wasn't as influential as Hemmings in the second half. I've just watched the extended highlights and Hemmings was involved in almost every chance we made
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby whipster221073 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:46 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:He was the best player on the pitch yesterday. His ability to run the channels and link the play was clear for everyone to see. He was unlucky not to score after crafting a few chances for himself.

The header he missed was a sitter, but no worse than the chance McDonald missed.

He and Rose are brilliant together, its going to be tough for Miller to break the partnership up - exactly how it should be

I can't see Miller starting any time soon - he looked a little unfit when he came on, understandable with his lack of game time, and Hemmings is just quality at the moment.
Last edited by whipster221073 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:48 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:in all my years i’ve never seen us with such quality options in the back two slots

I said that in another thread . I've seen better individual cbs but we have never had a stronger unit on whole . Also agree about Mcdonald . The only position he didn't cover was keeper . The bloke was everywhere

On Hemmings . Brilliant erformance . He ran the line excellently. Missed a sitter but on another day , him and McDonald could of had a hat trick each
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:51 pm

Pearce had a hell of job on with their front two along with Bennett, at times Akinde can be unplayable yesterday he wasn’t testament to both KP & Bennett
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:11 pm

I think it was more a testament to our attacking play pinning Barnet in to be honest. Although I agree that in the second half both centre backs played well, other then their goal of course

I agree with your comment about the options at the back too, although I'd go as far as saying I can't ever remember a squad with as much quality and depth as the one we currently have. Well done Evans and the Radford's I say!
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby 88BenM » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Sitting in the B Block, I was level with the Hemmings header and I thought he was a little unfortunate that the ball arrived slightly behind his movement and ultimately resulted in an off balance header, rather than it being a 'sitter'. He was fantastic yesterday, definitely deserved a goal.
88BenM
First Team
First Team

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:20 pm

Ben Superstag wrote:Sitting in the B Block, I was level with the Hemmings header and I thought he was a little unfortunate that the ball arrived slightly behind his movement and ultimately resulted in an off balance header, rather than it being a 'sitter'. He was fantastic yesterday, definitely deserved a goal.

Just watched it back, it came in fast, but I still think he should have done better with it. I think he thought the same judging by his reaction. The Macdonald chance was easier though
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:33 pm

whipster221073 wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:He was the best player on the pitch yesterday. His ability to run the channels and link the play was clear for everyone to see. He was unlucky not to score after crafting a few chances for himself.

I can't see Miller starting any time soon - he looked a little unfit when he came on, understandable with his lack of game time, and Hemmings is just quality at the moment.

Ricky'll get his chance when Rosey has been carded 2 more times as he'll be getting a ban for getting 10.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:46 pm

A very intelligent player. Now starting to appreciate what he brings to the team
yellowstagsfan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:30 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:I think it was more a testament to our attacking play pinning Barnet in to be honest. Although I agree that in the second half both centre backs played well, other then their goal of course

I agree with your comment about the options at the back too, although I'd go as far as saying I can't ever remember a squad with as much quality and depth as the one we currently have. Well done Evans and the Radford's I say!

It is marvellous what an extra £1m can do. ;)
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Foxy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:32 pm

love his hold up play
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby skeglad » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:15 pm

Spiritater wrote:
whipster221073 wrote:

Ricky'll get his chance when Rosey has been carded 2 more times as he'll be getting a ban for getting 10.

Don’t the cards get reset after the new year?
There Their They're
skeglad
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:25 pm

skeglad wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
whipster221073 wrote:

Don’t the cards get reset after the new year?

No, not really, what happens is five bookings get a one game ban before Christmas and then if you get a season total of ten bookings before Easter (?) you get a two game ban.
Then if you get 15 bookings before end of season you get a three game ban.
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby NIGEL » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:38 pm

The 10 bookings cut off in EFL2 this season is 2nd Sunday in March. It is therefore the 11th March.
NIGEL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:14 pm

NIGEL wrote:The 10 bookings cut off in EFL2 this season is 2nd Sunday in March. It is therefore the 11th March.

There is a slight change this year in that there is also a cut off point after 37 League games. In our case (and most others in our league) that is still the Colchester home game on 10th March. Exeter will only have played 36 games at that point but would still have the same cut off date as it comes before their 37th match. If , somehow, anyone had managed to play 37 matches before then they would have an earlier cutoff
There are different cut off dates/ matches for the Premier League.
halifaxstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Conker » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:37 pm

MacDonald is going to be hard to keep even if we get promotion.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:34 pm

Hemmings has improved over the season, but so have the majority of players. Logan, Bennett, Mc Donald , CJ , Rose etc etc.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum