{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

SE Rant

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

SE Rant

Postby stace1983 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:13 am

Did anyone hear or see what Evans had a rant at after the final whistle. Couldn’t quite work out if it was towards Raynor and / or Rose but he clearly looked annoyed!!!
stace1983
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: SE Rant

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:18 am

Talking of rants, did the lower west boo boys keep it zipped yesterday?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:21 am

Probably at pr they was having a go during the game
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Binghamstag » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:42 am

Spire. Hardly boo boys. One fan had an opinion re evans yet you make it sound like all the lower west are out to get at steve.

Infact yesterday was brill abd the fans got behind the team is what it is about. Failed to mention that though hey spire.
Binghamstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:50 am

stace1983 wrote:Did anyone hear or see what Evans had a rant at after the final whistle. Couldn’t quite work out if it was towards Raynor and / or Rose but he clearly looked annoyed!!!

Does it really matter. We are doing well. Leave things in house.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:56 am

stace1983 wrote:Did anyone hear or see what Evans had a rant at after the final whistle. Couldn’t quite work out if it was towards Raynor and / or Rose but he clearly looked annoyed!!!

I noticed he was peeved at something but couldn’t figure out why... don’t think it was Raynor/Rose, assumed it was the whole team after the sloppy finish to the game
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team

Postby tmwilson » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:09 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:

I noticed he was peeved at something but couldn’t figure out why... don’t think it was Raynor/Rose, assumed it was the whole team after the sloppy finish to the game

In his interview he wasnt very happy at all with Bennett . He was basically saying we lost momentum through conceding and he thought we may of gone on to score more .

Another day Bennetts error could of cost us but I thought he had a good game . The constant missed chances were more infuriating to me .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:10 pm

:lol: thought he was having a good day when the Q block singing section sang Stevie Stevie give us a wave and he turned round and put is hand up ,it went down well and was greeted with cheers :D
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:23 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:

Not necessarily a bad thing the sloppy goal. It will give SE something to keep them on their toes. I think he wanted to put one of the young loanees on, but had to put Potter on instead to safeguard the three bags of coal.Hence his annoyance and quite rightly so. If we want to finish in the top three we can't afford these type of errors.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:28 pm

Good job the last 2 errors haven’t cost us. Diamond still the best CB at the club for me with Pearce and Bennett close behind.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:48 pm

To be honest Steve was ranting all game. It all started when the penalty wasn't given on Rose and from then on the original referee was called "reffing useless" and "incompetent" before being replaced. When that referee made a few decisions against the Stags, he got Steve's ire as well, especially for needless, non threatening free kicks in the middle of the park.
Special anger was reserved all through the game for the Linesman on the near side who was questioned every time he made a decision.
The substitute 4th official didn't escape either.

I think the only person to escape was Westley who I thought behaved very well on the touchline and just seemed interested in motivating and encouraging his own team.

Steve and Paul really are comedy value for their touchline antics.

There weren't any audible shouts from the fans around us yesterday although one fan in D block lost his rag with someone else who wouldn't sit down. I thought he was going to explode.

As for the anger at the final whistle, it was for the referee who played over the 4 minutes allotted time. Think we played over 5 in the end, but that was because we made a sub in that time :roll:
Entertainment Value - 7/10
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby stace1983 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:34 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Does it really matter. We are doing well. Leave things in house.

No it doesn’t matter and I’m not having a pop, was just intrigued. Looking back, it was prob towards Raynor to make sure he made clear to the officials what a sh*t show they was...
stace1983
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:38 pm

i love him ranting, it’s all part of what makes him the most successful manager in league 1 & 2

keep on ranting Gaffa
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:50 pm

As for the anger at the final whistle, it was for the referee who played over the 4 minutes allotted time. Think we played over 5 in the end, but that was because we made a sub in that time :roll:
Entertainment Value - 7/10

Remember it is a minimum of x minutes. In the last home match 6 minutes went up and almost 12 were played due to injury to Cheltenham player.

Managers seem to conveniently forget that they are the cause of added time to the added time when they make a substitution.

I bet if we were losing and the opposition made a sub he would be pointing at his watch.

At Coventry he did the same. We made a substitution in the 95th minute and Evans wondered why additional time was being played.
Upper West
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Forever Optimistic » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:52 pm

Back to the thread title, just finished watching the extended highlights and it appeared to catch SE having a go at PR at the end of the game. PR looked a little sheepish as he looked away.
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby geoffhill » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:28 pm

Agree with Cassells re Diamond.I doubt if he would HAVE made the mistakes Pearce and Bennett made.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:12 am

We've all seen enough of Pearce and Bennett to know they both have a mistake in the locker, but are mostly very consistent.

The great news is both have messed up lately and it didn't cost us anything. If anything it will help focus both of them.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:15 am

Jamie wrote:We've all seen enough of Pearce and Bennett to know they both have a mistake in the locker, but are mostly very consistent.

The great news is both have messed up lately and it didn't cost us anything. If anything it will help focus both of them.

Not quite true Jamie, they have cost us goal difference.
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:48 am

Pearce is player of the season
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:22 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Pearce is player of the season

Can't look past Macca, my choice anyway.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:27 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Pearce is player of the season

Can't look past Macca, my choice anyway.

Agreed.

1. Macca
2. KP
3. Rose
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:12 am

The guy who scores the winning goal on 14th Apr to send t'sheep down'll be POTS shirley!!
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Mtfc12345 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:45 pm

Could be completely wrong but taking into account what he said after the game about Bennett. Looked as though to me Evans rant was basically towards the defence as he was shouting at Raynor while pointing towards where Pearce and Bennett. After the game he said what he said and to me i just assumed that meant he was fuming with Bennett and i will be quite shocked if he is to start on Saturday.
Mtfc12345
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chander Lear » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:46 pm

Pearce got away lightly with the Morecambe one... Bennetts keeps coming up in interviews.....
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:16 pm

I think it would be very unfair on Bennett if he was dropped because of that mistake . He played well as did Pearce . Hemmings was brilliant but I can't see Steve dropping him because he missed quite a few good opportunities
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum