{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Akinde

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Akinde

Postby yorkstag » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:38 pm

I hope today puts this debate to bed

I’m sure anyone who was there will agree - disinterested and ineffective
yorkstag
First Team
First Team

Re: Akinde

Postby abc » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:42 pm

yorkstag wrote:I hope today puts this debate to bed

No, I'd still love to have him in our squad.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:44 pm

yorkstag wrote:I hope today puts this debate to bed

probably because he's playing for the worst team in the football league and could've been playing for a team pushing for the championship
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:47 pm

He's surrounded by dross unfortunately for him. Still caused our defenders problems and should've had a pen in the first half, which is why the ref didn't give the one on Rose either.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:49 pm

I thought Rhys Bennett and Krysyian Pearce handled him well but he'd still be good to have in our squad. Danny Rose and Kane Hemmings played very well up front today. Simeon Akinola was lively when he came on as a sub. I'm surprised Danny Cowley did not go back to sign him for Lincoln after he failed to sign him in the summer due to the paperwork not going through.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:49 pm

He has never impressed me on the occasions I've seen him . I watched him a lot at Alfreton and was never impressed . Not in the game at all today . I'd take Hemmings and Rose over him any day
Last edited by tmwilson on Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:54 pm

tmwilson wrote:He has never mpressed me on the occasions I've seen him . I watched him a lot at Alfreton and was never impressed . Not in the game at all today . I'd take Hemmings and Rose over him any day

Both Rose and Hemmings played very well today, wouldn't swap either.
Stags 2002
First Team
First Team

Postby spanishstag » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:05 pm

Pointless thread , there was no debate till you started it
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foxy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:09 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:He's surrounded by dross unfortunately for him. Still caused our defenders problems and should've had a pen in the first half, which is why the ref didn't give the one on Rose either.

The one on Rose came before the tackle on Akinde.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Foxy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:He's surrounded by dross unfortunately for him. Still caused our defenders problems and should've had a pen in the first half, which is why the ref didn't give the one on Rose either.

No it didn't Akinde challenge was first, he then lambasted to linesman and fourth official.

Rose challenge was a few minutes later.
Stags 2002
First Team
First Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:21 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Foxy wrote:

No it didn't Akinde challenge was first, he then lambasted to linesman and fourth official.

Rose challenge was a few minutes later.

Correct. Think we got away with that as ref was still in two minds about foul on Bennett in the build up to it
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team

Postby Foxy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:29 pm

Must have missed the first one then. but there were appeals for them just after Rose incident.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:35 pm

Spanish stag - his name crops up all the time on here. I thought he was awful today and don’t think it was a pen.

I’m happy with what we have
yorkstag
First Team
First Team

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:39 pm

Load of dog raspberry I forgot he was on the pitch 2nd half over weight unfit living in the past.... If he's a top goal scorer I've got to get my boots out again
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Warsop Stag » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:20 pm

You could see his ability and strength in flashes but he totally tossed it off today.

There was one Barnet counter attack in the first half, christ, he was strolling forward, his midfield were just running past him.

No thanks.
Warsop Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ParisStag » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:43 pm

Didn't look like he cared today. If he's Barnet's big hope for survival, they may be doomed.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rigsby » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:09 am

And yet JR was being encouraged by some on here to splash out ridiculous money on him pre-season.
Rigsby
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:15 am

Rigsby wrote:And yet JR was being encouraged by some on here to splash out ridiculous money on him pre-season.

he did have a good season last year though, but they wanted daft money for him. there's a good player in there, but it's gonna be tough to impress when the rest of the team aren't up to scratch
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:04 am

Remember having a conversation with some travelling Barnet fans after the game last season and they insisted he was lazy. There's a reason why he's never gone higher than league 2 and we may just be one of those teams that's seen some of his better moments in recent years.
He has a lot of good attributes as a striker and on the face of it should be playing higher than a bottom of the table L2 team. However for some reason he's not. Today may have been a clue why that is the case.
G B
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby daddycool » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:25 am

84 goals in 146 games is a tremendous rate , how people write him off on one performance is crazy ,
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:32 am

daddycool wrote:84 goals in 146 games is a tremendous rate , how people write him off on one performance is crazy ,

would you expect anything else from stagsnet?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:13 am

Who is writing him off ? A lot of people who will have seen him twice or not st all spend their lives posting on here that we should break the bank to get him and whine when we dont.

All I’m saying is we had a chance to look first hand and he was awful and disinterest there for all to see

Heaven forbid that we should base any views on his actual performance. He is or has been lethal but not for me

If I’m being negative it’s about another teams player not our own.
yorkstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Beano » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:53 am

I read the title and thought it was an off topic ebook reading thread.
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:54 pm

I think this thread is a bit harsh on Akinde. They were the most threatening side for the first 20-25 minutes yesterday and Akinde was the focal point. He out muscled and out paced both Bennett and Pearce early on and could have won a penalty.

There were a few people commenting on how good he looked and to be honest I thought Pearce was struggling with him.

He disappeared from the game when we started to take over and the game was being played in their half. This was probably due to him having no service or support from then on.

He was the same last year, when Green missed 4-5 decent chances, before Akinde broke, skinned Pearce and buried the winner.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:59 pm

Could it be Akinde is brassed off at Barnet?

Not a regular scorer these days, could be cheaper come May.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum