{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tonights games

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tonights games

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:10 pm

Green also walks out on his team mates for his own gain!
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: Tonights games

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:14 pm

Green would have been 3rd choice striker if he was here, and i doubt he'd have been half as effective without Rheady up front with him.

I was gutted when he left, but the MG we know and love would only flourish under certain conditions - those weren't going to happen with SE in charge, so he'd have been more surplus to requirement than a condom machine for eunuchs
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2422
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Tonights games

Postby Vice President » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:41 pm

yorkstag wrote:Its ridiculous but typical to say we should have kept Green

I love Matt Green but v few if any on this board would have kept Matt based on his performances last year. So grow up and move on


"Grow up"? :D I believe that I have 'grown up' sufficiently. :lol:
Seriously, I was one of the few that said at the time that we should keep Matt Green. Not necessarily as a first choice striker, but one of three good strikers who could score goals. We are lacking goals in our strikers, and if we don't rectify that in this transfer window, I feel that it will cost us promotion this season. (I said that at the beginning of the season - so I don't think that it is a matter of 'growing up', or basing it on last season per se). I believe that Matt Green's goals for Lincoln this season justify my original opinion.
Perhaps Yorkstag could grow up a little bit! ;)
As to 'moving on' - I will do that at the end of the season, when either my opinion a few months ago will have been vindicated, or hopefully will be proved wrong and won't matter any more.
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1540
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Tonights games

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:42 pm

0-0 between Exeter v Forest Green at half time.
Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop

Re: Tonights games

Postby The One » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:45 pm

Vice President wrote:
yorkstag wrote:Its ridiculous but typical to say we should have kept Green

I love Matt Green but v few if any on this board would have kept Matt based on his performances last year. So grow up and move on


"Grow up"? :D I believe that I have 'grown up' sufficiently. :lol:
Seriously, I was one of the few that said at the time that we should keep Matt Green. Not necessarily as a first choice striker, but one of three good strikers who could score goals. We are lacking goals in our strikers, and if we don't rectify that in this transfer window, I feel that it will cost us promotion this season. (I said that at the beginning of the season - so I don't think that it is a matter of 'growing up', or basing it on last season per se). I believe that Matt Green's goals for Lincoln this season justify my original opinion.
Perhaps Yorkstag could grow up a little bit! ;)
As to 'moving on' - I will do that at the end of the season, when either my opinion a few months ago will have been vindicated, or hopefully will be proved wrong and won't matter any more.


Broad brush you using there. Are you saying if we do not get promotion its because we let Green go?

Think you are wrong.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9736
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Tonights games

Postby Vice President » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:49 pm

The One wrote:
Vice President wrote:
yorkstag wrote:Its ridiculous but typical to say we should have kept Green

I love Matt Green but v few if any on this board would have kept Matt based on his performances last year. So grow up and move on


"Grow up"? :D I believe that I have 'grown up' sufficiently. :lol:
Seriously, I was one of the few that said at the time that we should keep Matt Green. Not necessarily as a first choice striker, but one of three good strikers who could score goals. We are lacking goals in our strikers, and if we don't rectify that in this transfer window, I feel that it will cost us promotion this season. (I said that at the beginning of the season - so I don't think that it is a matter of 'growing up', or basing it on last season per se). I believe that Matt Green's goals for Lincoln this season justify my original opinion.
Perhaps Yorkstag could grow up a little bit! ;)
As to 'moving on' - I will do that at the end of the season, when either my opinion a few months ago will have been vindicated, or hopefully will be proved wrong and won't matter any more.


Broad brush you using there. Are you saying if we do not get promotion its because we let Green go?

Think you are wrong.


No - you are simplifying what I said. I don't think that. It is also about a solid defence, plus goals from the midfield. But regarding that 1/3 attack aspect, I don't think that we can rely solely on Rose and Hemmings.
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1540
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Tonights games

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:51 pm

I think he isn't doing Lincoln's promotion push any harm though.

He needed to move on to get his form back and it was best for both parties. I just wish he'd gone somewhere else that weren't a main rival for the promotion places.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1516
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Tonights games

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:0-0 between Exeter v Forest Green at half time.

Doidge playing for F Green, so it appears he's staying.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4593
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Tonights games

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:58 pm

Exeter 1-0 up damm.
Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop

Re: Tonights games

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:03 pm

2-0 now
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6145
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Tonights games

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:06 pm

No coming back from that.
Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop

Re: Tonights games

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:34 pm

:)

i see Accrington take on Swindon tonight .
would like it to be a draw :)
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5026
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Tonights games

Postby adamstag » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:41 pm

there's a few big games in the next week -
Tonight
Accrington vs Swindon

Saturday
Coventry vs Accrington
Exeter vs Wycombe
Swindon vs Mansfield

Tuesday

Wycombe vs Swindon.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5989
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Tonights games

Postby Tel » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:27 pm

2-0. Hate Swansea, but it is Clownty so I'll forgive them just this once.
Tel
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Tonights games

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Accrington 1-0 up after 40 mins and go above us and County.

The other good things tonight are that County have a long trip to Swansea in the FA Cup, hopefully it tires them out for Barnet away on Saturday, Lincoln also playing tonight and a quick turn around for a game away at Cambridge on Friday night, so hoping for a tired Lincoln and a home win. Hopefully a few days extra rest for us v Swindon will see us fitter too
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
User avatar
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3430
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:48 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Tonights games

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:35 pm

3-0 Swansea.

Hoping for a cricket score now.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Tonights games

Postby robbingdog » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:36 pm

Watching the county match. They're 3 down after half and hour
It appears to me that the county team are either 1) Totally crap
or 2) being totally outplayed by a poor Swansea team or 3) not really trying
that hard and don't want to risk injuries.

I'm going for number 1
robbingdog
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Tonights games

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 pm

I feel this could be a real embarrassment for Clownty on national TV. It'll not do too much for morale.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 18009
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Tonights games

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:54 pm

4-1 Swansea HT
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Tonights games

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:06 pm

2-0 Acc
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
User avatar
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3430
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:48 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Tonights games

Postby Admiral Sook » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:06 pm

Stanley hitting some good form.
User avatar
Admiral Sook
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: Spain

Re: Tonights games

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:17 pm

Oh dear 5-1 :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 18009
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Tonights games

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:22 pm

Imps on the way to Wembley, set to make a million, that'd go quite a way to redeveloping the Bish! It's mickey mouse though :lol:
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3933
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Tonights games

Postby Old timer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:22 pm

There's a programme about Ikea on BBC2 that's more interesting than the Clownty game. Mind you that Husin looks useful.

At least we put up a bit of a fight against Cardiff and only really got undone by their finishing but in the bits of this game I could be bothered to watch Clownty look like they aren't that bothered. If I'd travelled to watch that I'd be a tad unhappy.
Old timer
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:54 pm

Re: Tonights games

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:23 pm

Will it be double figures?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 18009
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests