{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stags U-turn on Frecklington deal

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stags U-turn on Frecklington deal

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 am

Correct Belly.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:15 am

Rob wrote:How different some of the views on this thread would have been if we had signed him :lol:

He would have been just what we needed, hopefully we'll get someone who can fit the role just as well. Lincoln are a real threat, you are deluded if you think otherwise.

Last time i checked you couldn't boss the midfield with a mobility scooter, Rob! ;)

It all depends on how injury-free he can stay for the season. Perhaps we missed out, or perhaps he'll only manage a handful of games and it'll end up as Freckers plays flops
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:17 am

I think Lee Frecklington is a great signing for Lincoln City. Clive Nates made it clear in his interview on BBC Radio Lincs that Danny Cowley has a very competitive League 2 budget which is sustainable for the near future. The big crowds give them an adavantage. "This is a special time in the club's history". A new director is also coming on board who has very good football/sporting contacts. They are a real threat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05tf562
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:32 am

No-one doubts LF's quality, Tappy, only his fitness. What use is he if he can't lace his boots week in week out?
It's a huge gamble, and one i think we didn't fancy given what could go wrong AND how his heart/future lies at Lincoln - makes sense To LCFC if they intend to get him in as player and future trainer / coach, etc

Anyhoo, it's done and dusted now - we should put out a ban on Frecking! :P
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:41 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Rob wrote:How different some of the views on this thread would have been if we had signed him :lol:

He would have been just what we needed, hopefully we'll get someone who can fit the role just as well. Lincoln are a real threat, you are deluded if you think otherwise.

Last time i checked you couldn't boss the midfield with a mobility scooter, Rob! ;)

It all depends on how injury-free he can stay for the season. Perhaps we missed out, or perhaps he'll only manage a handful of games and it'll end up as Freckers plays flops

Oi, I'm not bad for nearly 50, though the knee op in the summer has slowed me down a bit!

I think he was the sort of player we desperately need and clearly Evans is of the same view, which is good! I also think Evans and JR did the right thing if it is true he asked for more money than had been agreed. Just because we have a great owner who is providing fantastic support to our club we must not be held to ransom. Regarding injury, if he is after an experienced player I suspect the same could happen to anyone - very few players get to their early 30s without injuries! This does stress the importance of a strong squad, which we thought we had, but perhaps haven't.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:17 pm

True, although i guess we all thought it was a strong squad at the time.

Just need the likes of Digby to stop playing like his canine namesake and Butcher to remove his plastic earrings and not be an Eastenders character ;)
IF for some bizarre reason we don't end up signing because of being outbid / other reasons then we really need these two to show their potential. I think Evans is the likely man to get the best out of them, if they're willing to put the effort in and make themselves terrace heros
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:20 pm

The way I see it, he would have been a very good signing, would have played if fit, and Lincoln have done very well to bring him in. He chose Lincoln over us, SE got wind of this so pulled out of the deal to save face. Lincoln probably paid over the odds to get him as a result.

The last time he played over two thirds of a season was a bout five years ago.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:01 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Spot on.

Frecklington is equal in quality to anything we have in midfield

That’s a reason not to sign him then.

:lol:

not saying we should sign him. It just appears to some that since we didn't sign him he apparently became rubbish.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:36 pm

Good player, too old, end of .
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Agreed - end of . Doesn't matter not relevant
yorkstag
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:02 pm

Lee who?
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldnic » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Man City called time on a rip off deal, so did we.
oldnic
Youth Team
Youth Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum