{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Have a cuppa on us.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Have a cuppa on us.

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:32 pm

Went to buy my Cardiff ticket this morning.Two cash only kiosks open and card only in club shop. Fair size queue which was moving albeit a little slowly. Was very impressed with the young lady who was bringing free tea and coffee to those of us who were in the queue. Well done MTFC a nice gesture and appreciated by all.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Re: Have a cuppa on us.

Postby old ram stag » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Drove to the shop earlier to pick up bros birthday prez, didn't go in as 2 large lines one to shop other to ticket office, should sell out soon I'd think.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:07 pm

old ram stag wrote:should sell out soon I'd think.

The Chesterfield game ended up one thousand below capacity. I'd be very pleasantly surprised if the Cardiff game sells out. I hope it does.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:09 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

The Chesterfield game ended up one thousand below capacity. I'd be very pleasantly surprised if the Cardiff game sells out. I hope it does.

I think we might sell out, IG & QLE that is. I wonder if we did they would look to put home fans in the North Stand and segregate them - can't see Cardiff bringing more than a few hundred at best.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:23 pm

How would the tickets work if we win the reply if we put home fans in the north stand? I would ecpect man city to fill thst end
Binghamstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Binghamstag wrote:How would the tickets work if we win the reply if we put home fans in the north stand? I would ecpect man city to fill thst end

Have to give them a minimum number of tickets under cup rules
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team

Postby tmwilson » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Got to beat Cardiff yet but it's a shame we didn't draw City away . I think we would of taken more away then we will be permitted to have at home . Bigger profit too .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:26 pm

Just got mine. Quite a few queuing inside the shop and outside at the cabin.

The cabin was taking card and cash payments, although a little confusing as the open window says cash only above it.

I think we've missed out charging only 10/12 quid for this. £15 would still get the same numbers in.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Jamie wrote:Just got mine. Quite a few queuing inside the shop and outside at the cabin.

The cabin was taking card and cash payments, although a little confusing as the open window says cash only above it.

I think we've missed out charging only 10/12 quid for this. £15 would still get the same numbers in.

Someone already said has to be same as price as first game I believe.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bigalstag » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:59 pm

The question is, have the club put all the blocks of seats up for sale, or are they waiting, like they did against Chesterfield, for the Quarry Lane to become sold out, and then put J,F,G and H blocks up for sale?.
As has been said before, the the online ticketing system and the way it is implemented, is not fit for purpose.
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Iliketrains » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:03 pm

Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I think we might sell out, IG & QLE that is. I wonder if we did they would look to put home fans in the North Stand and segregate them - can't see Cardiff bringing more than a few hundred at best.

I think you may be underestimating how many Cardiff will fetch. From what i gather they haven't played at Mansfield for a very long time and many looking to make the trip. As for segregation. It's Cardiff not Morecambe therefore i don't think segregation would be advisable, i'm not casting aspersions on the reputation that clearly precedes the Bluebirds fans but i wouldn't want to be within punching distance of hordes of tanked up Welshmen. I agree though, the more Stags the merrier. Maybe not merrier than the visitors on the night though. :D

Slightly tongue in cheek. I know most if not all Cardiff fans will be travelling up just looking for a great time and a passage through to the next round. As it should be.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jamie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:18 pm

I seem to remember playing Cardiff at home in the late 90s might have been last home game of the season and i think they were in the Bishop Street Stand and a load of there fans ran at and into the WS after the game - causing havoc.

They'll sell there allocation i think. Its shaping up to be a great fixture.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:24 pm

old ram stag wrote:Drove to the shop earlier to pick up bros birthday prez, didn't go in as 2 large lines one to shop other to ticket office, should sell out soon I'd think.

Old Ram Stag - that is possibly the worst ever excuse I have heard for you not spending your own money. The queue was too long to buy your own brother a present!!!
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:26 pm

bigalstag wrote:The question is, have the club put all the blocks of seats up for sale, or are they waiting, like they did against Chesterfield, for the Quarry Lane to become sold out, and then put J,F,G and H blocks up for sale?.
As has been said before, the the online ticketing system and the way it is implemented, is not fit for purpose.

They have to wait until the deadline for season ticket holders to purchase their cup tickets has passed before they can put all seats up for sale. Most season tickets are in the IG upper. I would expect most season ticket holders will purchase their cup tickets, but some seats will become available.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:28 pm

On a personal note the interest generated in the Mansfield area with many non Stags fans and neutrals discussing this game makes a refreshing change.

I hope, for a change all comes good and we build on it.
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby AndyStag » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:39 pm

Jamie wrote:I seem to remember playing Cardiff at home in the late 90s might have been last home game of the season and i think they were in the Bishop Street Stand and a load of there fans ran at and into the WS after the game - causing havoc.

You're right on that one. Last game of season and they were going up. They were in West upper also. We stood in lower and some of their antics were disgraceful. Remember one kicking off and he had a young lad with him who couldn't have been 10 and looked truly terrified.
Anyway back to the original reason for the thread and yes what a great gesture from our club.
AndyStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:52 pm

AndyStag wrote:
Jamie wrote:I seem to remember playing Cardiff at home in the late 90s might have been last home game of the season and i think they were in the Bishop Street Stand and a load of there fans ran at and into the WS after the game - causing havoc.

You're right on that one. Last game of season and they were going up. They were in West upper also. We stood in lower and some of their antics were disgraceful. Remember one kicking off and he had a young lad with him who couldn't have been 10 and looked truly terrified.
Anyway back to the original reason for the thread and yes what a great gesture from our club.

Oh, Frontrow was once a Taffy fan :lol:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:14 pm

I remember that game, we were up at the top end of the league with a few games to go before blowing it, Cardiff came last game of the season and we did them 3-0 I think, I also think Darrell Clarke scored from about 30 yards. Our young fans were gathered around the terracing on the edge of the pitch ready to run on at the final whistle, when it went they all ran on only to be faced with a load of Cardiff fans also running on towards them. I reckon at least 20 of our fans unofficially broke the 100m world record the day, racing back to the stands.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:28 pm

Marky Mark wrote:

I remember that game, we were up at the top end of the league with a few games to go before blowing it, Cardiff came last game of the season and we did them 3-0 I think, I also think Darrell Clarke scored from about 30 yards. Our young fans were gathered around the terracing on the edge of the pitch ready to run on at the final whistle, when it went they all ran on only to be faced with a load of Cardiff fans also running on towards them. I reckon at least 20 of our fans unofficially broke the 100m world record the day, racing back to the stands.

http://www.stagsnet.net/match/reports98-99/CarH
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stag861 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:26 am

What's the capacity for Tuesday?
stag861
First Team
First Team

Postby SidneyOttewell » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:05 pm

AndyStag wrote:

I was in the West Stand Upper that day and had three other people with me, two of whom weren't used to going to matches. We were all threatened by so-called Mansfield fans because we asked them to move - not Cardiff fans! (They were clearly 'Engerland' fans). They were appalling. Just stood right in front of us gesturing towards the Cardiff fans in the far corner of the West Stand. Stewards/police did nothing. We left at half time and told a load of police sitting outside in a van what was happening but they did bugger all, too! Made an official complaint to the club and had a visit from the Safety Officer but that was a complete waste of time. I never want to be in that situation again. Saw the same thugs on the train down to QPR a couple of years later, where they racially abused a black women and her daughter. Never felt so ashamed to be a Mansfield fan.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Opus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:21 pm

What's the capacity for Tuesday?
About 14pints for the taffs
Opus
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Iliketrains » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Do stags usually have trouble with hoolies and that then home or away or are games usually passed off without incident? Not a great story to read that from Sidney.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby SidneyOttewell » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:36 pm

Iliketrains wrote:Do stags usually have trouble with hoolies and that then home or away or are games usually passed off without incident? Not a great story to read that from Sidney.

They weren't the usual Mansfield fans, they were there because we were playing Cardiff - it was an EDL thing. It was organised. We heard afterwards that they'd come from near and far. Just a pity the police and stewards did nothing to help. We had drunk/drugged thugs literally standing right in front of us as we were trying to watch the match. This was still the old West Stand so a bit more room than now.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby sw19stag » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:38 pm

SidneyOttewell wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:Do stags usually have trouble with hoolies and that then home or away or are games usually passed off without incident? Not a great story to read that from Sidney.

They weren't the usual Mansfield fans, they were there because we were playing Cardiff - it was an EDL thing. It was organised. We heard afterwards that they'd come from near and far. Just a pity the police and stewards did nothing to help. We had drunk/drugged thugs literally standing right in front of us as we were trying to watch the match. This was still the old West Stand so a bit more room than now.

Absolute rubbish.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum