{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Contracts

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

New Contracts

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:34 pm

Alex MacDonald has proved to be an excellent signing by Steve Evans as expected based on his previous performances for Burton Albion in League 2. However we signed him in the January 2017 transfer window so does his contract end at this season or next season? If this season then I think it would be good to get him signed up again. Steve Evans said that Cambridge United had previously offered £250,000 for Macca.

We know that Danny Rose's contract ends at the end of this season so we may have our work cut out to keep him in the transfer window as no doubt his agent will be talking to other clubs to see what they will offer him. Hopefully Danny will sign another contract.

I also assume Krystian Pearce, Rhys Bennett and CJ Hamilton's contracts may end at the end of this season so we may need to get them signed up as well or risk losing them in the summer. Lincoln City were said to previously be interested in signing Rhys Bennett.

It is possible, of course, that the club or player could have an option to extend their contracts for another year.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: New Contracts

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:38 pm

I remember one thing that Evans was complimentary about Murray on was the contract side - he said something like contracts were agreed in the clubs favour and that almost all players had a further years option in the clubs interests. 4 of the 5 players in your list were Murray signings Darren, so it may be that we have an option for an extra year on them all.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Young021 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:55 pm

That extra year was,for this season… all stated bar Danny,contracts run out this summer as with Danny we can extend an extra year
Young021
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:07 pm

MacDonald and rose have additional years on there contracts in the clubs favour.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:50 pm

In my view Pearce bennett and macDonald are more
important to tie down than Rose.
robbingdog
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:46 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:MacDonald and rose have additional years on there contracts in the clubs favour.

Where did you get this info? I have not seen it anywhere.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:27 am

I am assume contract talks will begin depending on division. Are these players able to make the step up in division if we get promoted?
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:54 am

I think our group of players would do better in a higher division.
More time on the ball
Less teams parking the bus.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:05 am

Chander Lear wrote:I am assume contract talks will begin depending on division. Are these players able to make the step up in division if we get promoted?

Logan, Bennett, Diamond, Mirfin, Benning, White, Mellis, Macdonald, Anderson, Byrom, Butcher, Atkinson, Potter, Hemmings, Angol, Rose have all played in league one. I would probably say they’re good enough on paper
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:14 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:I am assume contract talks will begin depending on division. Are these players able to make the step up in division if we get promoted?

Logan, Bennett, Diamond, Mirfin, Benning, White, Mellis, Macdonald, Anderson, Byrom, Butcher, Atkinson, Potter, Hemmings, Angol, Rose have all played in league one. I would probably say they’re good enough on paper

Agree, but if evans stays with us, i'd expect a quite a few improvements, that's his style.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:MacDonald and rose have additional years on there contracts in the clubs favour.

Where did you get this info? I have not seen it anywhere.

MTFCMAD and youngy, where did you see this info?
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Young021 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:56 pm

Evans said it when asked about Danny rose in November…
Young021
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:01 pm

thanks
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:41 pm

reminder:

Stags’ chief issues hands-off warning for in-form striker
mansfieldtown.net, Tuesday 07 November 2017

Mansfield Town boss Steve Evans says there is ‘no chance’ of Danny Rose leaving in January following an impressive start to the season.

The Stags’ boss insisted that the striker must continue to work hard at One Call Stadium to continue his rich form in front of goal.

The Barnsley-born marksman has bagged eight goals in the last ten matches - and ten goals in total - following Saturday’s brace at Shaw Lane, which saw Stags win 3-1 in the Emirates FA Cup first round.

Rose, 23, has upped the ante in front of goal since the arrival of boss Steve Evans a year ago and is now one of League Two’s leading goalscorers.

Asked at today’s news conference whether he would expect ‘a fight to keep hold of Rose in January’, the manager replied: “No chance. We have Danny here for a minimum of 20-odd months. We’re trying to build something here.

“It’s a strange situation as you want interest in your players because it means they’re playing well. Danny didn’t have any interest a year ago when I walked in. His goal-ratio when I put him in the team until the end of the season was very good.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2017 ... f-warning/

------------------

Goal ace Rose is staying put says Stags boss
chad.co.uk, by JOHN LOMAS, Tuesday 07 November 2017

Despite growing interest in Mansfield Town’s Danny Rose, boss Steve Evans said the in-form striker was going nowhere. Evans had to fend off interest from other clubs last summer and now Rose has reached double figures this season and shown his quality with two class finishes on live TV last weekend, clubs are once again starting to take closer notice.

But asked if Rose could go in January, Evans said: “There is no chance. “We have Danny here for a minimum of another 20-odd months. We are trying to build something here.

Read more at: http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/ma ... -1-8845473
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Danny Rose signed up until 2019-2020

Good business by the club.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager