{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Minor quibble

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Minor quibble

Postby zygon2003 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:33 pm

The subject would make a good name for a prob rock band, but sadly it's function here is to headline a small moan.

I am a bit miffed Evans didn't come over and acknowledge the supporters yesterday. I know he's peeved with the Mill mob but we sang for 90 minutes yesterday and created a real atmosphere in a stadium that looked like it was housing a Newport County crowd instead of Championship side chasing promotion.

I think a clap or a salute might have ensured some of us take the message home he does appreciate our support.

I am not sure he's bothered about the Stags failthful if I'm honest
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Minor quibble

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Been done to death bud, get over it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:42 pm

He gave us a wave when we sang Evans give us a wave.

But then again so did half of the cardiff crowd :lol:
Stags 2002
First Team
First Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Moaning about Evans not giving the fans a wave is almost as insipid as him exposing the Field Mill crowd as unsupportive because a couple of dipshites give him some lip.

Everybody is so delicate and we can only pray that there's minimal distress and no long term mental damage on all sides.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:31 pm

couldn’t give a monkeys what evans does , halfway through the season 1 point off automatic? he could give me the middle finger and i wouldn’t care :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:48 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:He gave us a wave when we sang Evans give us a wave.

But then again so did half of the cardiff crowd :lol:

Now that's funny :D
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:04 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:couldn’t give a monkeys what evans does , halfway through the season 1 point off automatic? he could give me the middle finger and i wouldn’t care :lol:

He can do no wrong in your eyes though so it’s not surprising.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:16 am

Richard Cranium wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:couldn’t give a monkeys what evans does , halfway through the season 1 point off automatic? he could give me the middle finger and i wouldn’t care :lol:

He can do no wrong in your eyes though so it’s not surprising.

he isn’t perfect at all, but i’d rather concentrate on the football rather than nit picking his every move and breath
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:29 am

zygon2003 wrote:The subject would make a good name for a prob rock band, but sadly it's function here is to headline a small moan.

I am a bit miffed Evans didn't come over and acknowledge the supporters yesterday. I know he's peeved with the Mill mob but we sang for 90 minutes yesterday and created a real atmosphere in a stadium that looked like it was housing a Newport County crowd instead of Championship side chasing promotion.

I think a clap or a salute might have ensured some of us take the message home he does appreciate our support.

so am I mate, the Cardiff following was superb. Just as good as any Leeds or Rotherham following, he needs to get over his problem fast, creating a rod for his own back
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:34 am

He had nothing but good things to say in his interview on iFollow.

Probably puts too much strain on his ankles having to wobble over towards the away support :lol:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:37 am

One loss in 19 games wow!
I've never liked him but must give him credit for where we are at the moment.
It's not a minor quibble it's a petty one.
I still won't like him if we get promoted but will be very greatful of a wonderful season so far.
If he needs the strength from swearing ranting at us to keep him focused and motivated
Then he can come round to my house any day.
:coys:
Never had it so good or promising in years
chip63
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:52 am

Frontrowhero wrote:
zygon2003 wrote:The subject would make a good name for a prob rock band, but sadly it's function here is to headline a small moan.

so am I mate, the Cardiff following was superb. Just as good as any Leeds or Rotherham following, he needs to get over his problem fast, creating a rod for his own back

He really isn't. He's winning football matches and speaking fondly of our support much more than he is criticising the minority of idiots who abuse him. People need to get over it and just watch the points roll in.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:17 am

Pull together in the same direction and move forward.

Moaning over every little thing here or there doesn't do that. Focus on the football and lets move forward, we are 1 point off auto's fgs.

It hasn't been this promising for years, which hopefully turns into success so enjoy it whilst it lasts, we don't get success that often so lets give the team our full support.

Stop nit picking and move forward - hopefully upwards into league 1 together as one unit.
Stags 2002
First Team
First Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum