{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:29 pm

bigalstag wrote:Just been down to collect a Cambridge match ticket from the office, as they have not been on the stagsticket website for a couple of days, and to pick up my Cardiff ticket. While I was there, two of the girls asked me, independently, why I hadn't bought the ticket off the website and printed it at home, to save a journey. They were oblivious to the fact that It was impossible to do this. There is no wonder that are ticketing problems when something as basic as this is not spotted by stadium management!

ps. this is not a comment on the girls in the ticketing office who are doing a great job under pressure.

I would guess the Cambridge tickets were available on stagstickets website to be posted out. So once they could no longer be posted out they had to be removed. So that would be the reason they were removed a couple of days ago. Obviously they could not be available as `print at home`.

You could have printed a Cardiff ticket at home. I would guess that was what the ticket office staff were referring to.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16201
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:30 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Just been down to collect a Cambridge match ticket from the office, as they have not been on the stagsticket website for a couple of days, and to pick up my Cardiff ticket. While I was there, two of the girls asked me, independently, why I hadn't bought the ticket off the website and printed it at home, to save a journey. They were oblivious to the fact that It was impossible to do this. There is no wonder that are ticketing problems when something as basic as this is not spotted by stadium management!

ps. this is not a comment on the girls in the ticketing office who are doing a great job under pressure.

I would guess the Cambridge tickets were available on stagstickets website to be posted out. So once they could no longer be posted out they had to be removed. So that would be the reason they were removed a couple of days ago. Obviously they could not be available as `print at home`.

You could have printed a Cardiff ticket at home. I would guess that was what the ticket office staff were referring to.


Correct Martin, they were available to be posted or collected from the ticket office.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Tuesday replay

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:39 pm

Fitzy499 wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:
Fitzy499 wrote:
marksay wrote:I am away with work is the game being shown on any tv network


Bbc radio wales



Before anyone chips in to point out Fitzy's obvious error i'll diplomatically intervene with saying thanks for the info Fitzy. ;)

Athough if you can get BBC Radio Wales on one of those Sky channels then technically he's right and i'd offer an apology.



You can listen to BBC Radio Wales through most DAB radios but also, as I did as couldn’t get to Cardiff, via BBC iPlayer

to clarify a couple of points here.

marksay's original post makes reference to being away with work. If you are outside the UK, you will not be able to listen to the BBC Radio Wales commentary. It will also not be on the BBC iPlayer. For FA Cup games, all BBC commentaries are available on the BBC Sport website (not BBC iPlayer). Incidentally, the rights for commentary for FA Cup games are completely different to League games, and the rights are held by the FA. Thus radio stations can negotiate rights for a game with the FA rather than with a particular club.

If you are outside the UK therefore, you cannot listen to free-to-air commentary of cup games. The only available commentary is on iFollow. Note that the live video feed available for league games outside the UK on iFollow, is not available for FA Cup games.

As others have said, there is no TV coverage. Highlights on the BBC website after the game. And of course on iFollow and the club youtube channel as usual.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16201
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Tuesday replay

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Fitzy499 wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:
Fitzy499 wrote:
marksay wrote:I am away with work is the game being shown on any tv network


Bbc radio wales



Before anyone chips in to point out Fitzy's obvious error i'll diplomatically intervene with saying thanks for the info Fitzy. ;)

Athough if you can get BBC Radio Wales on one of those Sky channels then technically he's right and i'd offer an apology.



You can listen to BBC Radio Wales through most DAB radios but also, as I did as couldn’t get to Cardiff, via BBC iPlayer

to clarify a couple of points here.

marksay's original post makes reference to being away with work. If you are outside the UK, you will not be able to listen to the BBC Radio Wales commentary. It will also not be on the BBC iPlayer. For FA Cup games, all BBC commentaries are available on the BBC Sport website (not BBC iPlayer). Incidentally, the rights for commentary for FA Cup games are completely different to League games, and the rights are held by the FA. Thus radio stations can negotiate rights for a game with the FA rather than with a particular club.

If you are outside the UK therefore, you cannot listen to free-to-air commentary of cup games. The only available commentary is on iFollow. Note that the live video feed available for league games outside the UK on iFollow, is not available for FA Cup games.

As others have said, there is no TV coverage. Highlights on the BBC website after the game. And of course on iFollow and the club youtube channel as usual.


Unless using a vpn registering a UK ip address?
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Tuesday replay

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:26 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

If you are outside the UK therefore, you cannot listen to free-to-air commentary of cup games.


Unless using a vpn registering a UK ip address?

I had read somewhere that BBC had found a way to counteract VPN usage from overseas. But people may have subsequently found more ways to get around it.

(edit update, people have found more ways, called "Identity Cloaker") http://www.iplayerabroad.com/2017/04/07 ... -vpn-2017/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16201
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby tibby » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:39 pm

Don’t use a vpn that bbc have blacklisted. Simple!
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby tibby » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:59 pm

If Cardiff number 8 doesn’t have an off day, we are really going to struggle on Tuesday. What a player
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Ralls didn't play first game as was side lined.

They did however play their first team back four, central midfielders and striker against us. A strong line-up which we held our own.

Either way we aren't expected to win Tuesday, we (the fans) however need to play our part and make it as hostile as possible in order to intimidate the Cardiff team and hopefully give the lads an advantage.

The players have already openly stated they react positively to the fans support and encouragement.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby Sneag » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Sunderland were abysmal today, Cardiff won't have an easier game all season.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6085
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:39 pm

Sneag wrote:Sunderland were abysmal today, Cardiff won't have an easier game all season.



we could be playing sunderland next year :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3456
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Around 1000 home tickets left, from the pre match interviews today
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4977
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Makes sense J, G and H blocks not on sale yet, also Block A in quarry lane.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby Jimstag » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Sneag wrote:Sunderland were abysmal today, Cardiff won't have an easier game all season.


Hope they take us for granted then. Don’t think it’ll happen though, I don’t think Colin will let them!
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby old ram stag » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:34 pm

Where's it say 1000 I've been told we all but sold out and less than 100 left on net.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:37 pm

old ram stag wrote:Where's it say 1000 I've been told we all but sold out and less than 100 left on net.


Old ram stag - look at my post 2 up.

Makes sense J, G and H blocks not on sale yet, also Block A in quarry lane.

Have you seen these blocks on sale online? I certainly haven't.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
old ram stag wrote:Where's it say 1000 I've been told we all but sold out and less than 100 left on net.


Old ram stag - look at my post 2 up.

Makes sense J, G and H blocks not on sale yet, also Block A in quarry lane.

Have you seen these blocks on sale online? I certainly haven't.


That makes no sense as why make the game no tickets available on day and then not put these seats on sale.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1518
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:19 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:
old ram stag wrote:Where's it say 1000 I've been told we all but sold out and less than 100 left on net.


Old ram stag - look at my post 2 up.

Makes sense J, G and H blocks not on sale yet, also Block A in quarry lane.

Have you seen these blocks on sale online? I certainly haven't.


That makes no sense as why make the game no tickets available on day and then not put these seats on sale.


My comments where in reference to woodclanger saying 1000 left - the numbers add up.

Agree - why those blocks aren't on sale doesn't.

Need as many fans in for this game as possible.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:18 pm

old ram stag wrote:Where's it say 1000 I've been told we all but sold out and less than 100 left on net.


Pre match on Radio Delahunty, Stevo said of 10 30 this morning approx 1000 home tickets left (not 100 I didn't mishear)
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4977
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby Foxy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:22 pm

Dont forget that Steve Evans said "if its not a sell out there's a problem."
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5032
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Foxy wrote:Dont forget that Steve Evans said "if its not a sell out there's a problem."


Can only sell out whats available, and that has almost been achieved.

Beggers believe why missing blocks aren't on sale though.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby bigalstag » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:36 pm

When has how we sell tickets and when, made even the slightest bit of sense at the One Call stadium.
Those running the stadium, probably do not even know there are extra blocks that could be sold!
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:53 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Just been down to collect a Cambridge match ticket from the office, as they have not been on the stagsticket website for a couple of days, and to pick up my Cardiff ticket. While I was there, two of the girls asked me, independently, why I hadn't bought the ticket off the website and printed it at home, to save a journey. They were oblivious to the fact that It was impossible to do this. There is no wonder that are ticketing problems when something as basic as this is not spotted by stadium management!

ps. this is not a comment on the girls in the ticketing office who are doing a great job under pressure.

I would guess the Cambridge tickets were available on stagstickets website to be posted out. So once they could no longer be posted out they had to be removed. So that would be the reason they were removed a couple of days ago. Obviously they could not be available as `print at home`.

You could have printed a Cardiff ticket at home. I would guess that was what the ticket office staff were referring to.


Correct Martin, they were available to be posted or collected from the ticket office.

bigalstag, just in case you missed this...
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16201
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:36 am

BBC Radio Nottingham will be doing 'live' full match commentary from Field Mill on Tuesday the programme begins at 7pm.

Alternatively you could listen to that Woodhouse Road shower's output, which'll be score updates etc interspersed with carpet ads and records. Could well think Harrison will have a pee poor listener rating for his show that night.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 17378
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:03 am

I picked our lots tickets up on Wednesday. Tried to get for 2 pals too, hoping for as close to us season ticket holders as possible. Upper tier was sold out (although J block - inches from where we sit - wasn't available). No seats in the lower were available as a pair either. They ended up in the QLE - which they're fine about - when they could quite easily sat a few yards from us, if MTFC actually sold the whole seats in the stadium.

I'm certain that some people won't buy tickets because it means them sitting in single seats, on their own.

The ticketing system is simply bizarre.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8748
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:06 am

It looks like there will be more there than the 5,304 who turned up for the Lincoln City game before the Liverpool FA Cup match.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3669
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cassellswasmagic, Dave Wayne, EdwinstoweStag, nickrobo60, Spiritater, stagparty, Stags 2002, sw19stag, Tippy Tappy Football, TYSCBS and 36 guests