{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw - Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:36 pm

:)

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Sneag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:I have my Stags v Chelsea ticket stub from 1985 and now it seems utterly pointless. What a organisational farce!!

When our second goal went in, I leapt into the air giving a mighty cheer, which caused me to fart and follow through. I then had to do a penguin type waddle down the steps to the old West Stand bogs where I removed my soiled Y fronts and stashed them behind the cistern. Watched the rest of the game commando & clenched.
True story. :oops:

They're probably now part of the foundations on the Ian Greaves Stand!

A little part of Sneag to be forever Field Mill.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:56 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Sneag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:I have my Stags v Chelsea ticket stub from 1985 and now it seems utterly pointless. What a organisational farce!!

When our second goal went in, I leapt into the air giving a mighty cheer, which caused me to fart and follow through. I then had to do a penguin type waddle down the steps to the old West Stand bogs where I removed my soiled Y fronts and stashed them behind the cistern. Watched the rest of the game commando & clenched.

They're probably now part of the foundations on the Ian Greaves Stand!

A little part of Sneag to be forever Field Mill.

I'm sure they would have still been there at demolition. The current bogs are scented palaces compared to the old ones.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Admiral Sook » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:01 pm

Sneag wrote:

Can we do a thread on this subject as I had a similar experience :lol:
Away at Wrexham, I think it was on a New Years Day. I was actually the driver that day and I remember having a sore tum. Anyway, I didn't even have the luxury of celebrating a goal, I had a mere tickle in the breadbox that somehow slid out into my undies.
Cue the penguin waddle to the loo, only to find no paper anywhere. Had to rip up the fanzine I'd bought earlier which I'm sure was made from budgie cage carpet and razors. The drive home wasn't pleasant for any of us
Happy memories :lol:
Admiral Sook
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Tuesday replay

Postby marksay » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:03 pm

I am away with work is the game being shown on any tv network
marksay
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Tuesday replay

Postby adamstag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:18 pm

marksay wrote:I am away with work is the game being shown on any tv network

No
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Fitzy499 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Bbc radio wales
Fitzy499
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Iliketrains » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Fitzy499 wrote:

Bbc radio wales

Before anyone chips in to point out Fitzy's obvious error i'll diplomatically intervene with saying thanks for the info Fitzy. ;)

Athough if you can get BBC Radio Wales on one of those Sky channels then technically he's right and i'd offer an apology.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:56 pm

Went to pick up tickets for tomorrow about half an hour ago and 10 or so people queuing for Cardiff tickets. If I heard correctly there are only single seats available in the West Stand now.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:16 pm

I guess parking will be a problem on tuesday. Each time i've been to Mansfield i've parked in Water Meadows and although i intend getting there fairly early i'd like alternative options as it might be full. I might try and alternative route to the ground like going through Skegby and eventually onto Quarry Lane that way which i've not done before. I believe there are places around there to park before you reach Quarry Lane? I don't know Mansfield too well. I usually just drive across from Chez down the bypass and along the main road to Tesco and then turn right down there eventually passing the ground on my right and going left into Water Meadows.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:31 pm

Iliketrains wrote:I guess parking will be a problem on tuesday. Each time i've been to Mansfield i've parked in Water Meadows and although i intend getting there fairly early i'd like alternative options as it might be full. I might try and alternative route to the ground like going through Skegby and eventually onto Quarry Lane that way which i've not done before. I believe there are places around there to park before you reach Quarry Lane? I don't know Mansfield too well. I usually just drive across from Chez down the bypass and along the main road to Tesco and then turn right down there eventually passing the ground on my right and going left into Water Meadows.

Dairy's good on Quarry Lane, get there a bit earlier on Tues night though. £3, safe place to park, usually get out pretty quick. You can also get there via the bypass rather than going into town.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:31 pm

There is parking at the dairy depot on quarry lane before you get to the ground from the sheepbridge lane end.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Thanks for the replies and help. Rob, you mean I can take the main road towards Kingsmill hospital then turn off from there and that will lead me in that general direction. Obviously I'll look at a map when I've got the chance to make sure but I've been to Kings Mill a few times so know that.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:42 pm

Yes, turn left at the Fox And crown then continue through traffic lights at Sir John Cockle pub. Then turn left into quarry lane.
part time pete

Postby Iliketrains » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Cheers Pete.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Fitzy499 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Iliketrains wrote:
Fitzy499 wrote:

Bbc radio wales

Before anyone chips in to point out Fitzy's obvious error i'll diplomatically intervene with saying thanks for the info Fitzy. ;)

Athough if you can get BBC Radio Wales on one of those Sky channels then technically he's right and i'd offer an apology.

You can listen to BBC Radio Wales through most DAB radios but also, as I did as couldn’t get to Cardiff, via BBC iPlayer
Fitzy499
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stafford » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:37 pm

I’ve ordered three tickets (two adults and one junior) but have been charged twice and sent two lots of them for IGU. Anyone want? I paid £33.50 so will want that back.
Woke up this morning feeling fine...

First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Anyone know how many’s left ?
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Just been down to collect a Cambridge match ticket from the office, as they have not been on the stagsticket website for a couple of days, and to pick up my Cardiff ticket. While I was there, two of the girls asked me, independently, why I hadn't bought the ticket off the website and printed it at home, to save a journey. They were oblivious to the fact that It was impossible to do this. There is no wonder that are ticketing problems when something as basic as this is not spotted by stadium management!

ps. this is not a comment on the girls in the ticketing office who are doing a great job under pressure.
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Is there confusion between Cambridge and Cheltenham here.

I thought Cambridge tickets were never on website as they are away tickets.
part time pete

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:14 pm

part time pete wrote:Is there confusion between Cambridge and Cheltenham here.

I thought Cambridge tickets were never on website as they are away tickets.

Quite right PTP. Cambridge tickets were never available digitally (apart from Cambridge United, of course)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:19 pm

I beg to differ. They have been available all week until yesterdays website meltdown. Then they weren't put back up.
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby old ram stag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:26 pm

About 230 left on web site if that's an indication.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:31 pm

Sneag wrote:

I was 12/13 at the time of that game. After the game I was walking back down towards Shoe Co to get the bus back to Sutton, it was before the bowling alley when it was just waste ground, my mate had stopped to tie his lace up just as we got on to the waste ground and I'd carried on walking - I got half way across and stopped to look back to see where he was. A copper approached me to ask what I was doing and I explained that I was waiting for my mate, he took his leather glove off and hit me around the face with it and told me to get lost. Also true story.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm

all this print off at home lark is a pallava. should be able to use the barcode as a photo on your phone. much easier.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum