{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hemmings must stay

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Hemmings must stay

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:49 pm

Keeping Kane has got to be the main priority of the January window for Evans. Starting to find form and our mini blip (where we only actually lost 1) was when he was out. Now he's back and we're winning again.

Maybe we need to make an offer to make the deal permanent.

Here is what Oxford fans are saying
https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/kane-hemmings.186/
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Re: Hemmings must stay

Postby kyle b » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:55 pm

Same load of fans who said when he come here he was awful. How quick people forget
kyle b
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:56 pm

ParisStag wrote:Keeping Kane has got to be the main priority of the January window for Evans. Starting to find form and our mini blip (where we only actually lost 1) was when he was out. Now he's back and we're winning again.

Maybe we need to make an offer to make the deal permanent.

Here is what Oxford fans are saying
https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/kane-hemmings.186/

I agree.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:56 pm

Mixed opinion from oxford fans , although they say he’s not utilised in the right role. I would keep him permanently off his current form , he was wrote off as rubbish after a few months but he is proving everyone wrong now!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:00 pm

I hope so . It would be a shame for us and Hemmings that he's playing well and scoring . He's done a job defensively too . I'can't remember if its two or three hes cleared off the line ?
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:26 pm

Is he really any better than Greeny to whom Evans told Radford he could get better for the Money ??? Is he a £250k striker Oxford reportedly paid for him?? Personally I’d keep him on loan till the end of the season if oxford permit it but still bring in another Proven striker if we still have money left in the kitty that is...
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tmwilson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Billy the fish wrote:Is he really any better than Greeny to whom Evans told Radford he could get better for the Money ??? Is he a £250k striker Oxford reportedly paid for him?? Personally I’d keep him on loan till the end of the season if oxford permit it but still bring in another Proven striker if we still have money left in the kitty that is...

To be fair I don't think Hemmings was a replacement for Green . I don't think he was even on Evans radar . I think he came available and having failed in his main targets , Steve went for him . His main targets would of been more comparable to Green .
I agree though that we should just have him on loan for the time being .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:06 pm

kyle b wrote:Same load of fans who said when he come here he was awful. How quick people forget

Pretty much like our fans then....
Alwaysa5tag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Billy the fish wrote:Is he really any better than Greeny to whom Evans told Radford he could get better for the Money ??? Is he a £250k striker Oxford reportedly paid for him?? Personally I’d keep him on loan till the end of the season if oxford permit it but still bring in another Proven striker if we still have money left in the kitty that is...

Yes he's better than Green. The stats say so and the eyes say so.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Really hope they don’t recall him back. Starting to see best of him, he can only get better.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:20 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:
kyle b wrote:Same load of fans who said when he come here he was awful. How quick people forget

Pretty much like our fans then....

Which all goes to prove that the fickle supporters need to give players more than 5 minutes to prove themselves before dismissing them as rubbish.
It took Stanty a few games to show his goalscoring ability and Lee Peacock was bang average the season we bought him to mention only two. I think it’s fair to say that both hold fond memories for fans of their time in a Stags shirt.
G B
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:33 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Yes he's better than Green. The stats say so and the eyes say so.

He’s better when you consider the higher level that we are playing at.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:35 pm

I hope they don't recall him but wouldn't rush into paying for him in this window. If we go up, is he good enough for L1?

Many Oxford fans don't rate him much at that level...

If we don't go up then doing a deal to keep him for next year would be worthwhile.

He's looked much better last see times I've seen him. He needs to keep that going now. Same goes for Angol.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:49 pm

I think the main worry would be that someone attempts to go round us and offer Oxford cash for him. I would assume we’d get the chance to match the offer in this instance but a risk.

I think Kane has come into his own once he found his fitness and confidence. I initially wondered why we’d got rid of Green as I didn’t see an improvement but he’s now showing his value.
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:59 pm

Jimstag wrote:I think the main worry would be that someone attempts to go round us and offer Oxford cash for him. I would assume we’d get the chance to match the offer in this instance but a risk.

I think Kane has come into his own once he found his fitness and confidence. I initially wondered why we’d got rid of Green as I didn’t see an improvement but he’s now showing his value.

His all round game v Carlisle was far superior than Green ever showed and I never thought I'd say that
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:03 pm

I think the main reason that folk didn’t rate him earlier in the season was because the service he was getting was woeful!!! All the balls that were sent his way were all to his head or high balls!!
Now he’s getting the service to his feet he is showing what he’s capable of!!! He does have a lot of quality!!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:16 pm

He's also been denied a couple of clear goals this season. His effort for the second goal against County was over the line before Danny Rose made sure; and he scored a legitimate goal against Stevenage until the referee changed his mind and awarded a free kick against Rhys Bennett.

Hemmings has taken his time to adjust but has been playing well since October time. Another example of supporters being too eager to dismiss a player.

I'd snap him up but would be curious what his value would be. I'd suggest that he'd be more affordable right now than he possibly would be in the summer, if his form continues.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:23 pm

Depending on if Hemmings get a choice etc, but if you listen to SEs interviews, he says Hemmings is enjoying it here, it's more local for him (apparently he only lives 20minutes away) and his family are enjoying him being local. Obviously, decision is Oxfords, but they could all be factors in keeping him
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:29 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Jimstag wrote:I think the main worry would be that someone attempts to go round us and offer Oxford cash for him. I would assume we’d get the chance to match the offer in this instance but a risk.

His all round game v Carlisle was far superior than Green ever showed and I never thought I'd say that

Ever? No.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stags4eva » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:37 pm

His transformation over the last 8-10 games has been remarkable. Played like a complete striker on Monday, hope it continues!
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:47 pm

Let's face it, he was poor early on because he wasn't fit. Now he is and it shows.

Strange that a week ago he couldn't manage more than 45 minutes then played three matches in a week.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:48 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Ever? No.

Yes, Green never competed for headers, he made out he was competing hoping the defender would miss it. In non league they often did, once in the league he found it much more difficult.

Hemmings control and touch the other day especially killing the high ball dead, was also far superiors to Green.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:53 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Let's face it, he was poor early on because he wasn't fit. Now he is and it shows.

Strange that a week ago he couldn't manage more than 45 minutes then played three matches in a week.

he was returning from injury. Not strange at all.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:14 pm

What so he regained full fitness within a week when it took him 6 weeks to gain it? Come on Martin, just like Mellis cant play Saturday-Tuesday then plays 3 and a half games in 9 days :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:58 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:What so he regained full fitness within a week when it took him 6 weeks to gain it? Come on Martin, just like Mellis cant play Saturday-Tuesday then plays 3 and a half games in 9 days :lol:

are you trying to tell us Hemmings wasn't injured at all? Are you trying to tell us he came off against Morecambe for some other reason than he was knackered?
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum