{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

stop whining and support

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: stop whining and support

Postby spanishstag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:44 pm

Yes so there his players ,you wouldnt hear top class managers hanging there players out to dry like stevie does , i think hes doing a great job ,but just wish he didnt keep making out how fortunate we are to be in such esteemed company ,he is doing a good job ,but its not as if he hasnt been given the tools to do it
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby abc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:49 pm

spanishstag wrote:Yes so there his players ,you wouldnt hear top class managers hanging there players out to dry like stevie does , i think hes doing a great job ,but just wish he didnt keep making out how fortunate we are to be in such esteemed company ,he is doing a good job ,but its not as if he hasnt been given the tools to do it


Who has he hung out to dry ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby spanishstag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:52 pm

Well he sure as hell makes sure we all know whos fault it is in his after match interviews
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby abc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:56 pm

spanishstag wrote:Well he sure as hell makes sure we all know whos fault it is in his after match interviews


You can't answer then ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:09 pm

Perhaps the moaners would like Curle back in charge. By the way did any notice his long ball tactics. Not expected from someone who played for England. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: stop whining and support

Postby abc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:17 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Perhaps the moaners would like Curle back in charge. By the way did any notice his long ball tactics. Not expected from someone who played for England. :)


What is wrong with playing long ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:20 pm

abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Perhaps the moaners would like Curle back in charge. By the way did any notice his long ball tactics. Not expected from someone who played for England. :)


What is wrong with playing long ?

A lot of our fans can't tolerate it if it is played by our current manager and the one who regained our league status. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: stop whining and support

Postby abc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:26 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Perhaps the moaners would like Curle back in charge. By the way did any notice his long ball tactics. Not expected from someone who played for England. :)


What is wrong with playing long ?

A lot of our fans can't tolerate it if it is played by our current manager and the one who regained our league status. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned.


A lot of our fans are totally clueless. Notts County are a long ball side and they are not doing too badly by it, as are Lincoln.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:34 pm

abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Perhaps the moaners would like Curle back in charge. By the way did any notice his long ball tactics. Not expected from someone who played for England. :)


What is wrong with playing long ?

A lot of our fans can't tolerate it if it is played by our current manager and the one who regained our league status. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned.


A lot of our fans are totally clueless. Notts County are a long ball side and they are not doing too badly by it, as are Lincoln.
I thought we played well today. Some long ball but a lot of quick sharp passing. The midfield looked energetic, yet some fans still moan. I think the theme of this thread is spot on and all fans should "stop whining and support". For some the grass is always greener on the other side even when we win.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: stop whining and support

Postby abc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:41 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Perhaps the moaners would like Curle back in charge. By the way did any notice his long ball tactics. Not expected from someone who played for England. :)


What is wrong with playing long ?

A lot of our fans can't tolerate it if it is played by our current manager and the one who regained our league status. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned.


A lot of our fans are totally clueless. Notts County are a long ball side and they are not doing too badly by it, as are Lincoln.
I thought we played well today. Some long ball but a lot of quick sharp passing. The midfield looked energetic, yet some fans still moan. I think the theme of this thread is spot on and all fans should "stop whining and support". For some the grass is always greener on the other side even when we win.


I agree.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:14 am

spanishstag wrote:Well he sure as hell makes sure we all know whos fault it is in his after match interviews

Most managers do.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Sneag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:50 am

Amber Andy wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Well he sure as hell makes sure we all know whos fault it is in his after match interviews

Most managers do.


No they don't. Managers very rarely 'name names' when talking to the press. That sort of detail should be kept in house, besides it's unnecessary anyway, when a player drops a goolie in a game they well aware of it without being publicly blamed by the boss.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: stop whining and support

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:40 am

Just because he is our manager doesnt mean i have to think he is gods gift ,i hope and want him to do well ,as i cant attend games i certainly dont scream abuse or hound him at games ,its just that my opinion of him is different to a lot on here He is certainly a character who divides opinion which can be seen every time we play, at the end of this season i think he will get us promoted in fact we may even have him next season. I just think hes doing a decent job given the backing hes recieved nothing more nothing less
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:03 am

Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Well he sure as hell makes sure we all know whos fault it is in his after match interviews

Most managers do.


No they don't. Managers very rarely 'name names' when talking to the press. That sort of detail should be kept in house, besides it's unnecessary anyway, when a player drops a goolie in a game they well aware of it without being publicly blamed by the boss.

Have a listen to Curle's interview, on the Cumbrian's scorefred.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: stop whining and support

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:12 am

spanishstag wrote:Just because he is our manager doesnt mean i have to think he is gods gift ,i hope and want him to do well ,as i cant attend games i certainly dont scream abuse or hound him at games ,its just that my opinion of him is different to a lot on here He is certainly a character who divides opinion which can be seen every time we play, at the end of this season i think he will get us promoted in fact we may even have him next season. I just think hes doing a decent job given the backing hes recieved nothing more nothing less


Not sure anyone thinks he's god's gift, SS? Certainly not god, that's for sure! :P
Although he does have a Buddha physique thing going on... ;)

I think the crux of this thread is aimed at those who only take pleasure in voicing their own perpetual negativity in either an abusive or 'I know everything' self authoritative manner.

I believe the vast majority are merely asking to help give the team a lift in a season when we have a great chance to get promoted. It's merely being noted that a 'generally positive' attitude helps individuals and the team alike, but it's not asking us to clap like seals demanding kippers for tea either.

Criticising is always fine, just some seem incapable of anything else, which is the point to this thread?
Last edited by MutinyOnTheCounty on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Sneag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:12 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Well he sure as hell makes sure we all know whos fault it is in his after match interviews

Most managers do.


No they don't. Managers very rarely 'name names' when talking to the press. That sort of detail should be kept in house, besides it's unnecessary anyway, when a player drops a goolie in a game they well aware of it without being publicly blamed by the boss.

Have a listen to Curle's interview, on the Cumbrian's scorefred.


He's another prize strawberry with an ego problem though.

SE should take a leaf out of his good friend Sir Alex's book. Publicly he defended his players even if he was bouncing tea cups of their heads in private.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: stop whining and support

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:15 am

We'll, I guess BBC viewers never got to find out what Alex thought ;)
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby zygon2003 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:43 am

I am in no way negative towards the team,but do think it's right that the performance of Evans is questioned and reviewed as he was happy to throw down a huge challenge to John Radford prior to the summer break (threatening to quit if not backed in transfer market; promotion in return)
I don't agree with yelling abuse at the manager on the day, but am keen he doesn't get away with underachieving after piling pressure on our chairman and in return promising a lot of success. If I recall correctly...Evans promised 'play-offs' with Mr Radford upping the ante to 'automatic' due to big spend'.
I hope he does get us promotion and takes us forward, but as someone who probably has been awarded with the highest transfer and wage budget in the league (and probably our history!) should be let go if he fails to do so.
I'm happy to have a manager who promises the world, but he has started to lower expectations recently "'play-offs would be good; happy with draws' ,etc'
I'd be reluctant to give him MORE money over January. He should be able to deliver on what he already has - which is a lot more than some of the other currently more successful managers in our league.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:52 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: stop whining and support

Postby victor A block » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:07 am

Is this thread aimed at the supporters or the manager?

His pop at the supporters after every game is getting a bit tedious.

For those that didn't go v Carlisle, I thought the support was great throughout, and Evans was out of order bringing it up again. He seems to have a bee in his bonnet about it since Colchester away earlier in the season.

Yes, there will always be some a very small minority who voice their displeasure at moments in a game. And, yes we have our fair share of idiots. But that's football, its always been the way and happens at every ground from the Etihad to Clippo. and he's been around long enough to be able to dismiss it as negative ramblings from less than a dozen in a crowd of 3500.

Great performance yesterday and that's what he should be concentrating on.
victor A block
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:00 pm

think S E will not take criticism while on the touch line when doing his job.

the one thing that gets me when he shifted the dugouts on a video he said if there was any body getting on his back or calling him because of his weight, it would not bother him because he had heard all before.,it was like water off a ducks back.

so don't know why he is going on about it now.
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4532
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: stop whining and support

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:17 pm

It still amazes me how many people applaud Curle. He failed with the best team for years and folk think he was a decent manager.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1753
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby Sneag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:22 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:It still amazes me how many people applaud Curle. He failed with the best team for years and folk think he was a decent manager.


He embarrassed Haslam & Meale in court. That's got to be worth a polite ripple of applause.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: stop whining and support

Postby stagbol » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:17 pm

I get sick of the constant griping from a certain few every time a pass goes astray or a tackle is missed but my opinion is that we're all in this together win lose or draw, and booing and moaning just destroys the players confidence and makes the skilful guy a nervous wreck afraid to make that defence splitting pass.When i go to sway games every fan supports the players with no moaning. Everyone has a right to their own opinion because they pay their cash, my advice to the serial moaners and booers is don't pay and don't come! Until you behave like proper supporters.
stagbol
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:28 pm

If everyone lived in your happy little world it would be bloody boring ,what is a proper fan ,a happy clapping say nothing but nice things type ,a boozed up bloke whoes done a 60 hour week in a boring factory job and wants to let of a bit off steam on a saturday in my opinion , albeit not worth a lot in general the whole country is going tits up with far to much political correctness lets get back to saying it how we see it if you dont like it tough suck it up
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: stop whining and support

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:52 pm

spanishstag wrote:If everyone lived in your happy little world it would be bloody boring ,what is a proper fan ,a happy clapping say nothing but nice things type ,a boozed up bloke whoes done a 60 hour week in a boring factory job and wants to let of a bit off steam on a saturday in my opinion , albeit not worth a lot in general the whole country is going tits up with far to much political correctness lets get back to saying it how we see it if you dont like it tough suck it up



If a 60 hour a week working pissed up bloke wants to let off a bit of steam by hurling abuse at his own football team then i’d rather they just not attend.

There’s loads of people who scream ‘rubbish’ and all sorts of nonsense when something isn’t done perfectly , folks shouting ‘sort it evans’ when it’s 0-0 after 30 minutes is another example. I just don’t see how it helps
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3778
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Rob and 40 guests