{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

stop whining and support

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

stop whining and support

Postby yorkstag » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:26 pm

I hope after today's result it's occurred to everyone we really can go up.

A plea - can we support . Not everything will go to plan but if we all pull in the same direction we can do this

Lets stop the negativity and get behind the boys. I know that will be difficult for some of the serial moaners on here but we r can do tis

COYS
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: stop whining and support

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:40 pm

Been saying this since start of the season, t’was always going to be a rollercoaster. The lads need our support more than ever this season!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:45 pm

I know one swallow doesn't make a summer, but I think we have a much greater chance of success if we pull together. Let us all be at least a glass half full, to the end of the season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:11 am

So if a pass goes astray or an open goal missed we all say on unison "hard luck old chap" Got it.
stag861
First Team
First Team

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:40 am

stag861 wrote:So if a pass goes astray or an open goal missed we all say on unison "hard luck old chap" Got it.

It's a natural reaction to groan at a bad pass or missrd chance, it's what you do after that counts. Instead of spending the next 5 mins moaning about the player, give them some encouragement.

It's a new year and we have a good chance to make it a memorable one. Lets do our bit and get behind them.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:49 am

They were gash first half v Wycombe,but credit where credit is due came out all guns blazing 2nd half,attack,attack, attack,attack attack for rest of season please.
stagone1959
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby one f in mansfield » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:57 am

Against Morecambe the Stags missed a chance in the second minute and someone in front of us shouted rubbish with such conviction you would have thought the world was coming to an end or Thatcher had been reborn . I pointed out he was wearing two hats and even his mates showed him their mobiles with 15:02 on them . It really did look like he could not wait to get a negative comment in .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:59 am

There will always be people like that who can't wait to have a go. Lets just make sure we drown them out.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:19 am

We’ve lost 1 league game in the last 12, there is plenty to be optimistic about, despite in this period constant moaning on here by some. In that run good away wins at Port Vale, Coventry and Wycombe and we have got to the third round of the FA Cup (which has also been moaned about!).

It will be a great second half to the season if people get behind the team and allow themselves to enjoy it, rather than micro analysing and criticising everything that happens at the club.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:40 pm

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:We’ve lost 1 league game in the last 12, there is plenty to be optimistic about, despite in this period constant moaning on here by some. In that run good away wins at Port Vale, Coventry and Wycombe and we have got to the third round of the FA Cup (which has also been moaned about!).

It will be a great second half to the season if people get behind the team and allow themselves to enjoy it, rather than micro analysing and criticising everything that happens at the club.

You've just ruined 2018 for some fans! :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:51 pm

stag861 wrote:So if a pass goes astray or an open goal missed we all say on unison "hard luck old chap" Got it.

Just don’t throw your season ticket on the pitch and storm out with a titty lip on.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:56 pm

Anyone who can sit through a football match without the odd moan just doesn't really care that much. Part and parcel of being a fan is enjoying the ups and moaning about the downs. Threads like this are frankly irritating and just a peeing competition for those who think because they don't have a moan on here are deserving of "themajor" award as fan of the year - it's garbage. If we play rubbish this afternoon, then fans will rightly have a moan about it.

Er, happy new year :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:29 pm

Rob wrote:Anyone who can sit through a football match without the odd moan just doesn't really care that much. Part and parcel of being a fan is enjoying the ups and moaning about the downs. Threads like this are frankly irritating and just a peeing competition for those who think because they don't have a moan on here are deserving of "themajor" award as fan of the year - it's garbage. If we play rubbish this afternoon, then fans will rightly have a moan about it.

There's a significant difference between having a bit of a moan about what happened in a game, and having a negative attitude in general. I think that this thread is about making sure that the team and management know that we're supporting them and that we have some faith in their ability to improve. Sometimes I feel that there are Stags fans who don't like Evans and would rather like to see him fail, even at the expense of promotion - just so they can be "proved right".
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:09 pm

Bradders wrote:
Rob wrote:Anyone who can sit through a football match without the odd moan just doesn't really care that much. Part and parcel of being a fan is enjoying the ups and moaning about the downs. Threads like this are frankly irritating and just a peeing competition for those who think because they don't have a moan on here are deserving of "themajor" award as fan of the year - it's garbage. If we play rubbish this afternoon, then fans will rightly have a moan about it.

There's a significant difference between having a bit of a moan about what happened in a game, and having a negative attitude in general. I think that this thread is about making sure that the team and management know that we're supporting them and that we have some faith in their ability to improve. Sometimes I feel that there are Stags fans who don't like Evans and would rather like to see him fail, even at the expense of promotion - just so they can be "proved right".

There are lots of Stags fans who don't like Evans, but those who want him to fail cannot possibly be Stags fans!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:13 pm

Rob wrote:
Bradders wrote:

There are lots of Stags fans who don't like Evans, but those who want him to fail cannot possibly be Stags fans!

Have you carried out a census by any chance ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:59 pm

Rob wrote:
Bradders wrote:

They are certainly noisy enough, as proved by their impact today. I was as bemused as Steve Evans by him receiving abuse for today's performance. Personally I was quite satisfied by the team's standard today and the overrall result and wouldn't have dreamt that anyone would have a go at the manager to voice their dissatisfaction.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:03 pm

I dislike Evans greatly however he has Mansfield a point off the autos, won 3 out of 4 games over Xmas with the other being drawn and there are people moaning?
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:05 pm

Bradders wrote:
Rob wrote:
Bradders wrote:

They are certainly noisy enough, as proved by their impact today. I was as bemused as Steve Evans by him receiving abuse for today's performance. Personally I was quite satisfied by the team's standard today and the overrall result and wouldn't have dreamt that anyone would have a go at the manager to voice their dissatisfaction.

I don't understand abusing your own players or manager at games full stop. Yes we all like a good old moan, but to abuse your own players/management just seems totally counter productive. We sat in C Block today and I have to say I didn't hear any abuse at all apart from that coming from our dugout :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:08 pm

Most people are either natural pessimists or optimists - you will never change that, the attitude towards their football team is just an extension of that. Im not sure moaning about the moaners is the answer.
Tawnystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby spanishstag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:09 pm

Trouble is the biggest moaner is our manager ,every bloody interview its moan moan moan ,i was talking to this that and tother and he said blah blah fgs grow up and get on with it tin hat firmly fixed
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:08 pm

spanishstag wrote:Trouble is the biggest moaner is our manager ,every bloody interview its moan moan moan ,i was talking to this that and tother and he said blah blah fgs grow up and get on with it tin hat firmly fixed

This.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:19 pm

Its true though
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:25 pm

spanishstag wrote:Its true though

It is.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:31 pm

In his post match interview with Radio Florist he said Carlisles first half chance came because CJ didn't track back. Even in our hour of victory he had to have a moan about one of the players. Pot kettle black comes to mind
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby abc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Bros wrote:In his post match interview with Radio Florist he said Carlisles first half chance came because CJ didn't track back. Even in our hour of victory he had to have a moan about one of the players. Pot kettle black comes to mind

Well he is the manager fgs .
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum