{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

BIG NEWS ON THE TRANSFER FRONT

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: BIG NEWS ON THE TRANSFER FRONT

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:21 am

Belmer
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:17 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Belmer

That little place just North of Derby?
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 am

Dan wrote:
Brough wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Brough wrote:Be interesting to see who we bring in. Seeing as all our targets are going elsewhere

by all our targets you mean one? :lol:

What targets Brough please highlight us all on the players you seem to know of who's gone elsewhere?

Nob head

Is that the Scottish U21 international that's currently at Falkirk?

Nook I think it's P Enis who's signed for the sheep molesters Dan :lol:
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:03 pm

& we wait
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:07 pm

Oxford signed a striker on loan today so hopefully they don’t want Hemmings back
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:12 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:& we wait

Until after our important league game against Cambridge, absolutely
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team

Postby Newarkstag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Butcher has just changed his profile picture on Instagram and showed a picture of him in a hotel so maybe he could be on the move
Newarkstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:22 pm

Newarkstag wrote:Butcher has just changed his profile picture on Instagram and showed a picture of him in a hotel so maybe he could be on the move

If we can get a fee for Butcher, Carolyn Radford is a magician.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:48 pm

have to say so far Butcher has been a complete flop, who would want him?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar jeremiah » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Newarkstag wrote:Butcher has just changed his profile picture on Instagram and showed a picture of him in a hotel so maybe he could be on the move

That will be the team hotel, they left this morning
4 in a bed with the Dixie Chicks is against biblical teachings
vicar jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:04 pm

vicar jeremiah wrote:

That will be the team hotel, they left this morning

Spoil sport, thought the dead wood were on the way out
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:17 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:have to say so far Butcher has been a complete flop, who would want him?

Butcher has been very disappointing. In fact I would say that Digby, Atkinson & Butcher have all been really poor signings so far.
And bearing in mind that we have lost Whiteman and Byrom has been injured, you can see why our midfield is so much weaker compared to last season. A quality midfield general is the critical missing piece at the moment. If we don't get that player in January then it will greatly hamper our promotion prospects.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby S7AGS » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:30 pm

Vice President wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:have to say so far Butcher has been a complete flop, who would want him?

Butcher has been very disappointing. In fact I would say that Digby, Atkinson & Butcher have all been really poor signings so far.
And bearing in mind that we have lost Whiteman and Byrom has been injured, you can see why our midfield is so much weaker compared to last season. A quality midfield general is the critical missing piece at the moment. If we don't get that player in January then it will greatly hamper our promotion prospects.

Frecklingt...oh bugger
S7AGS
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Grendon Stag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:41 pm

Now let me think who'd want a 2 time League 1 promotion winner.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Kenwood » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Butcher has not been given long enough and I expect him to come good. A lot of fans couldn’t see anything in Hemmings even though the quality was there to see all along if not the fitness.

Butcher has not had much opportunity to play in his favoured position just off the striker and instead has been used in a midfield 2.
Kenwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby James » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:30 am

Kenwood wrote:Butcher has not been given long enough and I expect him to come good. A lot of fans couldn’t see anything in Hemmings even though the quality was there to see all along if not the fitness.

Butcher has not had much opportunity to play in his favoured position just off the striker and instead has been used in a midfield 2.

He’ll be waiting a while. I can’t remember a time Evans played one up front with a ‘number 10’ in behind.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:33 am

“wait till after the cambridge game” absolute bull, if you want the player bad enough, timing is everything, if your not fast your last, someone else gets in, we are walking into this weekend without two key positions being filled, that’s maybe 3 points lost, Evans has already said it’s the CEO who does all the graft.
Get on with it
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:48 am

yorkshire stag wrote:“wait till after the cambridge game” absolute bull, if you want the player bad enough, timing is everything, if your not fast your last, someone else gets in, we are walking into this weekend without two key positions being filled, that’s maybe 3 points lost, Evans has already said it’s the CEO who does all the graft.
Get on with it
Sometimes patience is required. I'm not sure which two key positions we are struggling in. Have we suffered a shed load of injuries? SE is not the sort of person to let a transfer window go by without making a signing. It's not in his nature.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:24 am

James wrote:
Kenwood wrote:Butcher has not been given long enough and I expect him to come good. A lot of fans couldn’t see anything in Hemmings even though the quality was there to see all along if not the fitness.

He’ll be waiting a while. I can’t remember a time Evans played one up front with a ‘number 10’ in behind.

Didn't he give him a more attacking role in a few Chickenfeed games, he had the attacking threat of an Italian conscript.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:09 am

yorkshire stag wrote:“wait till after the cambridge game” absolute bull, if you want the player bad enough, timing is everything, if your not fast your last, someone else gets in, we are walking into this weekend without two key positions being filled, that’s maybe 3 points lost, Evans has already said it’s the CEO who does all the graft.
Get on with it

I can't see anyone else in our division (with the exeption of Frecklington going to Lincoln), that has made a signing thats made me think 'wow, we've really missed out there'.

Maybe its a slow market, the players we want might not leave because their current clubs haven't got replacements.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby H_o_l_l_o » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:30 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Get on with it
Sometimes patience is required. I'm not sure which two key positions we are struggling in. Have we suffered a shed load of injuries? SE is not the sort of person to let a transfer window go by without making a signing. It's not in his nature.

He looked good in that position against Clipstone!!
H_o_l_l_o
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby oldweststander » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:49 am

I'd look goid in that podition agsinst Clipstone too, says it all doesn't it?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Get on with it

Yes, we should get all our deals done by the 2nd of Jan to please you.

Seriously, you were like this in the summer when we went periods without signing anyone. Still 2 weeks of january left and I’m confident we’ll get what we need
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:24 pm

I’m not confident we’ll get what we need, i think we will get over priced left overs, let’s see who is right come the end of the window young Roberto
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:38 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:I’m not confident we’ll get what we need, i think we will get over priced left overs, let’s see who is right come the end of the window young Roberto

January is a difficult time, teams obviously don’t wanna let their best players go and every man and his dog are trying to sign them.

If our other midfielders started pulling their weight we probably would be alright in that position, but I feel like we need another striker
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum