{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

BIG NEWS ON THE TRANSFER FRONT

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: BIG NEWS ON THE TRANSFER FRONT

Postby ParisStag » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Imps fans on Facebook and their forum now seem a lot less confident. This could be on! Would be huge for 2 reasons: great signing and would stop our rivals from signing him.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:53 pm

ParisStag wrote:Imps fans on Facebook and their forum now seem a lot less confident. This could be on! Would be huge for 2 reasons: great signing and would stop our rivals from signing him.

Agree
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Theres quite a few messages from Rotherham fans , saying he's left so if true I would imagine an announcement from his new club today
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:08 pm

He's at the ground for talks.

I'll put allegedly before the Dunno gang arrive with pitch forks.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:14 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Would be good to get him but the issue for me is that it would nice for a player to really want to go to a club for the right reasons and play at a professional standard and buy into the plans that SE and JR have for Mansfield and u would have thought he had seen that opportunity from the outset
U kind of feel he would rather be at Lincoln than us after all the hoo ha about him and so if he came it would be for the money only and not sure it makes for the best commitment but what do I know!!

Another guess is that if he did come for that sort of money then not much left in the bank for the striker which I think if Hemmings hamstring plays up or he is on total recall for Oxford would make the Frecklington deal not so important!!

Exciting times at least if nothing else!

Am I just being skeptical?....could conversation with Hemmings have been....SE...de ye wana stay wi us Kane....KH... yes gaffer....I'll tell eh wat...come off wi am string gone at kardiv, Oxford will nay wanya back... yal miss cup replay but be ok fo City game....KH...sounds like a plan gaffer....SE..wadya think Rains...PR...I just love you gaffer so anythings good if it comes from you... :lol:
West Ham 1969
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tmwilson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:24 pm

According to one guy on the imps forum, apparently in the know , that we bid for a Grant but failed so we turned our attention to Frecklington.

On the County forum it said Grant has been recalled by Forest and Bradford have put a bid in
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:25 pm

West Ham 1969 wrote:
tillydog123 wrote:Would be good to get him but the issue for me is that it would nice for a player to really want to go to a club for the right reasons and play at a professional standard and buy into the plans that SE and JR have for Mansfield and u would have thought he had seen that opportunity from the outset
U kind of feel he would rather be at Lincoln than us after all the hoo ha about him and so if he came it would be for the money only and not sure it makes for the best commitment but what do I know!!

Another guess is that if he did come for that sort of money then not much left in the bank for the striker which I think if Hemmings hamstring plays up or he is on total recall for Oxford would make the Frecklington deal not so important!!

Am I just being skeptical?....could conversation with Hemmings have been....SE...de ye wana stay wi us Kane....KH... yes gaffer....I'll tell eh wat...come off wi am string gone at kardiv, Oxford will nay wanya back... yal miss cup replay but be ok fo City game....KH...sounds like a plan gaffer....SE..wadya think Rains...PR...I just love you gaffer so anythings good if it comes from you... :lol:

If Evans knew about the City game before the Cardiff game then he should give up being a football manager and make his name from predicting the future.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:40 pm

tmwilson wrote:According to one guy on the imps forum, apparently in the know , that we bid for a Grant but failed so we turned our attention to Frecklington.

On the County forum it said Grant has been recalled by Forest and Bradford have put a bid in

I've spoken to him on Facebook. He seems legit and knows people in football.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:47 pm

Vital Lincoln.

Surely this is the biggest collection of belmers in the history of the internet.
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:32 pm

Beano wrote:Vital Lincoln.

Surely this is the biggest collection of belmers in the history of the internet.

More deluded than Bob's Board and Luton outlaws put together.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Evans confirms bid accepted for Frecklington but we have withdrawn it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Fee was agreed with Rotherham but Evans has confirmed that it 'didnt feel right'... we've withdrawn the offer and won't be signing Frecklington. Just confirmed in his press conference.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:06 pm

Bit dissapointed, the thought of Macdonald, Frecklington, Mellis and Hamilton across the middle was a good one. But if the deals not right it's not right I guess. Don't think we will be getting any 'big name' signings in this window, have to hope we unearth somebody like we did with Whiteman again
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:19 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Evans confirms bid accepted for Frecklington but we have withdrawn it.

Sounds like he wanted more wages than we were prefered to offer.
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Foxy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:21 pm

how come we only ever get players from this country as opposed to the cash league where 9 out of 10 are foreign? they say that "British players are too expensive"

just wondered is all

regards Freckleface i wonder if maybe his comments about his lurve of Lincoln put SE off?
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:22 pm

part time pete wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Evans confirms bid accepted for Frecklington but we have withdrawn it.

Sounds like he wanted more wages than we were prefered to offer.

I think more that his heart was elsewhere
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:31 pm

yep i think so belly and with his saying Byroms back and he's missed him like a pillow when he goes to bed..
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:37 pm

That's disappointing. But if it's down to wages it puts doubt on the myth that SE is lose with JR's cash. I hope Frecklington doesn't come back to haunt us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:43 pm

West Ham 1969 wrote:

I never knew Steve Evans was Jamaican ..... ;)
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:44 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Bit dissapointed, the thought of Macdonald, Frecklington, Mellis and Hamilton across the middle was a good one. But if the deals not right it's not right I guess. Don't think we will be getting any 'big name' signings in this window, have to hope we unearth somebody like we did with Whiteman again

And the Lincoln midfield with Bostwick, Woodyard and Frecklington is going to be pretty formidable.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:05 pm

He didnt want to play for Evans again.
Will be announced shortly as a lincoln signing.
Fair play to him for turning the money down and going with his heart.
Good midfield they have now.
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Just out of interest I popped into the Aston Martin showroom today and expressed great interest in acquiring the most expensive car on the forecourt of course I can’t afford it but it bought a smile to a few faces anticipating a sale . .. association association :D
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby old ram stag » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:17 pm

CC we withdrew the offer you can't say he went with his heart, as if i fear had the offer still been on the table he would prob be a stags player, let's not build the player to slate our club, move on hes league 2 next season and whoever we do sign will be league 1. As for not wanting to play for Evans hes had the most successful time of his football life under his manager ship.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby S7AGS » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:19 pm

ParisStag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Bit dissapointed, the thought of Macdonald, Frecklington, Mellis and Hamilton across the middle was a good one. But if the deals not right it's not right I guess. Don't think we will be getting any 'big name' signings in this window, have to hope we unearth somebody like we did with Whiteman again

And the Lincoln midfield with Bostwick, Woodyard and Frecklington is going to be pretty formidable.

Yes it is....but if Woodyard moves (likely) and Frecklington is injured (likely) it doesn't look quite so good ;)
S7AGS
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:36 pm

old ram stag wrote:CC we withdrew the offer you can't say he went with his heart, as if i fear had the offer still been on the table he would prob be a stags player, let's not build the player to slate our club, move on hes league 2 next season and whoever we do sign will be league 1. As for not wanting to play for Evans hes had the most successful time of his football life under his manager ship.

Stop being so naive ORS.
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum