{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cumbrians scorefred sponsored by A new year winning feeling

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cumbrians scorefred sponsored by A new year winning feel

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:51 pm

part time pete wrote:Easy solution Stevie, move the dugouts back to the Bishop Street side.

I was thinking the same thing and made me wonder if that was the real reason AM did it. I thought the support was great today. It would seem those who are having a go at SE is for their own amusement and not for legitimate reasons. No reasonable supporter would have a go at a manager because the referee had awarded a penalty. I think they see it as a game because they know SE gets easily wound up during a game.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sheffieldstag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:54 pm

I cannot believe that anyone would be having a go at Evans and co after the penalty. Utterly bizzare as we were on top. I'd love the "fans" and I will question their role as "fan" as you cannot have a go at your management team when 2-1 up, playing well and never really looking troubled.
Sheffieldstag
First Team
First Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:04 pm

Why would it even bother Evans? He needs to man up himself a bit. Whilst I do not condone any abuse towards him, I think he’s making it sound much worse than it is and it’s hilarious given he dishes so much out to players and officials during a game. Steve do us a favour and shut up!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:10 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Why would it even bother Evans? He needs to man up himself a bit. Whilst I do not condone any abuse towards him, I think he’s making it sound much worse than it is and it’s hilarious given he dishes so much out to players and officials during a game. Steve do us a favour and shut up!

Abuse is abuse. I don't like to see SE giving it out to officials or fans giving it to SE or his team.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:11 pm

Surely Evans must have thicker skin than some on here suppose. He really shouldn’t let the half- dozen or so moronic in-breeds in his earshot get to him.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:15 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Why would it even bother Evans? He needs to man up himself a bit. Whilst I do not condone any abuse towards him, I think he’s making it sound much worse than it is and it’s hilarious given he dishes so much out to players and officials during a game. Steve do us a favour and shut up!

Abuse is abuse. I don't like to see SE giving it out to officials or fans giving it to SE or his team.[/quote

Are you a man of the cloth by any chance ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:20 pm

In some respects we were lucky today, it is said you make your own luck.
The first two goals came from shocking mistakes by Carlisle defenders tge third was a wonderful move.

Today, yet agsin displayed the lack of a midfield linchpin, when Carlisle gave it a go we temporarily folded and gave them time and room to come at us, we list our way. Luckily the thurd goal calned the nerves. Any scout watching will report to his club that we cannot cope when attacked by a side with little to lose.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby AndyStag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:24 pm

oldweststander wrote:In some respects we were lucky today, it is said you make your own luck.
The first two goals came from shocking mistakes by Carlisle defenders tge third was a wonderful move.

Today, yet agsin displayed the lack of a midfield linchpin, when Carlisle gave it a go we temporarily folded and gave them time and room to come at us, we list our way. Luckily the thurd goal calned the nerves. Any scout watching will report to his club that we cannot cope when attacked by a side with little to lose.

Those same scouts would also report that CJ is like S*#! off a shovel. Most improved player by a mile and I wouldn't be surprised at bids coming for him in Jan.
AndyStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:26 pm

oldweststander wrote:In some respects we were lucky today, it is said you make your own luck.

Yes, there is a lot of speculation about a striker, but as you say it's a midfield linchpin we need.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:32 pm

AndyStag wrote:

Those same scouts would also report that CJ is like S*#! off a shovel. Most improved player by a mile and I wouldn't be surprised at bids coming for him in Jan.

I’ve seen a few people say that evans doesn’t improve players, he just buys good and puts together a team. This is obviously incorrect because Rose and Hamilton are streets ahead of what’s they used to be like under murray. I know murray bought these players to the club, but SE is getting the best out of them. Wouldn’t be surprised if clubs were looking at CJ
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:37 pm

When CJ develops an end product he will be much sought after, until then keep doibg what you do CJ.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:37 pm

I think he was rather gob smacked at it. We are in a great run and we were leading the game. Why have a pop ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:40 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

I think he was rather gob smacked at it. We are in a great run and we were leading the game. Why have a pop ?

It is baffling, but as has been said, it appears to be just a few inebriated individuals. It was nothing like the scenes the other week.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:41 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

It does seem strange when we are winning!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:47 pm

It was a much better performance than recent home showings. The confidence of Hemmings and Angol was there for all to see - they are both playing at a far higher level than they were in the autumn months.

Also, finally we constantly got in behind a side by using our width. Potter was excellent and if CJ had an end product we'd have a £1m+ player on our hands - unfortunately for him it is majorly erratic.

As for the Evans 'abuse', I find it staggering on two fronts. Firstly that the shoutiest man in football gets so bothered by a couple of tosspots in a crowd. Secondly, I've sat behind that dug out on a couple of occasions in the last couple of years, for cup games; it contains some of the biggest pillocks of MTFC persuasion, if I was a regular there I'd find it impossible to either not say owt or just move.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:07 pm

tmwilson wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
NumberTen wrote:Notts County score vs Port Vale to make it 1-0

they seem to be doing an exeter this year scoring late goals all the while

fantastic win for the stags, i think we’ve only lost once in like 18 games which is incredible

I've just got in and my missus said Jeff Stelling mentioned it a few times and said what a fantastic achievement.
Our fans need to stop moaning especially when others are praising us up .

Strange game
Could of been 1..0 down early doors . Should of been at least 3 up at ht . Should of been 2.2 then we score straight after . Very good first half performance . We should of killed it off . Hemmings could of had a hat trick. Hamilton was excellent first half . Made a couple of wrong decisions but terrified their defence .
Motm , Potter again
Besides Rose and Diamond coming , back I'd keep the same team .

Little disappointed with the attendance . We need to back the team from now on .

You're not allowed to mention that. Don't you know this is the poorest region in the Universe, they can't pay on the turnstiles, the club don't give out enough free tickets, etc, etc
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:08 pm

abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Abuse is abuse. I don't like to see SE giving it out to officials or fans giving it to SE or his team.[/quote

Are you a man of the cloth by any chance ?

What's that got to do with the price of fish, my son?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:09 pm

Spiritater wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

fantastic win for the stags, i think we’ve only lost once in like 18 games which is incredible

I've just got in and my missus said Jeff Stelling mentioned it a few times and said what a fantastic achievement.

Strange game
Could of been 1..0 down early doors . Should of been at least 3 up at ht . Should of been 2.2 then we score straight after . Very good first half performance . We should of killed it off . Hemmings could of had a hat trick. Hamilton was excellent first half . Made a couple of wrong decisions but terrified their defence .
Motm , Potter again

Little disappointed with the attendance . We need to back the team from now on .

You're not allowed to mention that. Don't you know this is the poorest region in the Universe, they can't pay on the turnstiles, the club don't give out enough free tickets, etc, etc

My god, you’re dull.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:19 pm

CJ had his best game by a mile. Get off his back. He is improving every game. Genuine pace scares the hell out of any defender. Today's performance shows the quality in depth of the squad. Your leading scorer and main defender and captain are out. Not a problem. COYS
yellowstagsfan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:24 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:CJ had his best game by a mile. Get off his back. He is improving every game. Genuine pace scares the hell out of any defender. Today's performance shows the quality in depth of the squad. Your leading scorer and main defender and captain are out. Not a problem. COYS

Love CJ, inconsistent or not he has the sort of pace that kills teams - he was excellent today.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:31 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Strange game
Motm , Potter again

My god, you’re dull.

No bud, I'm predictable just like you are.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:32 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:36 pm

Logan clearly felt it was a dive, although he would say that. Very amusing him patting Bennett on the head after he missed the open net.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:47 pm

Robstag38 wrote:I sit close behind dugout and didn’t hear any abuse at all !

Me too pal.
Did not hear anything at all today.
Smokescreen from Steve i assume
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum