{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cumbrians scorefred sponsored by A new year winning feeling

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cumbrians scorefred sponsored by A new year winning feel

Postby S7AGS » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:58 pm

Someone in WSL needs to make it clear to whoever it is giving Evans stick that they need to stfu especially if we’re winning, if it’s warranted then fair game but seriously we were 2-0 up v a close rival what do they want 5-0 every week
S7AGS
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:00 pm

A good win and excellent points return in the Christmas period.

Re the moaning, sitting close to that area I have to agree with others, its primarily the same few who have issues with alcohol and control of their emotions, perhaps once they go off to the Sandy Pate Bar midway through the first half they should keep them in there for the rest of the match. I think a few of them have got under Evans skin and he's struggling to rise above it.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:01 pm

Robstag38 wrote:I sit close behind dugout and didn’t hear any abuse at all !

Well that's three of us, be interesting if anyone actually did hear anything ........ I did hear Evans abuse the match officials and pick a fight with a Carlisle player :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:02 pm

To be fair to evans he did say 99% of the support is fantastic, but that 1% is baffling him when we’re having a great season so far
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:04 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:Have to say, as much as I disagree with the abuse that se is supposedly getting, I am also growing tired of listening to him complain about it. It's a (not nice) part of the game and he gives as good as he gets. Can't help but feel he's making everyone aware of this to justify a potential move for himself in January.

What planet are you on ?
Do you think the manager deservered to be criticised today ?
Evans got everything right today . It's not his fault our players didn't kill the game off . It wasn't his fault that we gave a penalty away . What he did was to select a team that played good football , exciting football at times . We moved up the table . One defeat in 18 .
We knew what type of manager Evans was before he came . So he should change because the likes of you are fed up withmoaning and shouting ?

He winds the officials up , The opposing bench and supporters but he sticks by his players and club .
The last thing he expects is morons throwing their dummy out the pram because we give a pen away .
Jesus . We have just come away from Grimsby and Wycombe with four points .

I think it's going to get to tge stage where these idiots will be attacked by fellow fans .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:04 pm

He said himself he praises 99.9% of the fans in the ground.

Also said the team reminds him of his time at Rotherham, which sounded very much an us against the world. He might be playing the siege mentality card, but as long as we keep winning and climbing that table it will do for me.

Also seems to have his eyes on over taking county at some point.

Another huge and valuable win.

Up the stags!!

:coys:
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby abc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:05 pm

S7AGS wrote:Someone in WSL needs to make it clear to whoever it is giving Evans stick that they need to stfu especially if we’re winning, if it’s warranted then fair game but seriously we were 2-0 up v a close rival what do they want 5-0 every week

How can it be warranted 1 defeat in 18 games . .
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:07 pm

S7AGS wrote:Not sure if it’s selective hearing By Steve but I heard chants of “Steve Evans barmy army” on a number of occasions so if 1 or 2 morons who clearly don’t know what they’re talking about mean more than the whole Q block etc I’m not understanding Steve’s problem

I think Mr Evans is calling out the 1% who grumble and sit directly behind him. To be fair, his whole career has been built on showmanship and attention seeking. I think he likes to build an aura around himself that suggests we should be grateful to have him and he's doing us a favour being here.

So be it, get us an average of 2 points per match, promotion and we'll consider erecting a statue to you in the car park.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby S7AGS » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:09 pm

That’s sort of what I’m saying it’s not warranted...
Is everyone else in WSL scared of telling the divs to shut up? I know for a fact most people I sit near wouldn’t put up with it including me...grow a pair WSL
S7AGS
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:09 pm

We sit relatively close to where steve is and there wasn't any bother. Not sure what his having a go at the Carlisle player was about.

As for the game, I thought it was the first time we've put 2 decent halves of football together for some while. Hemmings and the midfield were good, especially potter.

Thought Angol held the ball up well, though he does have a tendency to "overdo" things when the simple is best.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Easy solution Stevie, move the dugouts back to the Bishop Street side.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:11 pm

Good performance today, some of the attacking play was excellent! The morons giving Evans stick at 2-1 are an embarrassment, do they not realise other teams are actually allowed to have the ball? We have no right to win games and at times in matches you have to grind it out. 99% of us know that though, shame the 1% act like that.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:11 pm

part time pete wrote:Easy solution Stevie, move the dugouts back to the Bishop Street side.

And lose all the attention his quotes are gaining. I can't see it :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:12 pm

adamstag wrote:We sit relatively close to where steve is and there wasn't any bother. Not sure what his having a go at the Carlisle player was about.

As for the game, I thought it was the first time we've put 2 decent halves of football together for some while. Hemmings and the midfield were good, especially potter.

Thought Angol held the ball up well, though he does have a tendency to "overdo" things when the simple is best.

The Carlisle player had a go at him first, for not getting out of his way fast enough when he was retrieving the ball. Evans didn't do anything wrong at all.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:14 pm

Great win and some decent footy.

Kane Hemmings was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch, superb touch, hold up play and turns. Shame he didn't get the hat trick from the superb touch and turn all in one movement.

Tin hat time but I said earlier in the season I think these two today are our best front pairing, they seem to link better than with Rose.

Go beat the taffys please
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:14 pm

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:
adamstag wrote:We sit relatively close to where steve is and there wasn't any bother. Not sure what his having a go at the Carlisle player was about.

The Carlisle player had a go at him first, for not getting out of his way fast enough when he was retrieving the ball. Evans didn't do anything wrong at all.

It was Tom Parkes. He's from Sutton and hates Mansfield.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:16 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Thanks, from the reactions near me I thought his name was Bearded Tw*T. :)
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby abc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:17 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Thanks, from the reactions near me I thought his name was Bearded Tw*T. :)

He's a Lemo lad.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:20 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Sutton's only purpose is to make Mansfield look nicer.

Sorry Suttonites. ;)
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:25 pm

:)

http://www.skysports.com/football/mansf ... ort/374374

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:27 pm

I’d ban the people that keep crossing the line with the managment team. If they leave we would Struggle to attract another top quality managment team.

It looks like Evans was correct the second half of the season is going to be fantastic entertaining football. The lads did really well today.
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:42 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
part time pete wrote:Easy solution Stevie, move the dugouts back to the Bishop Street side.

And lose all the attention his quotes are gaining. I can't see it :lol:

Clown.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:43 pm

Second best home performance behind Luton for me. Controlled again, closed down, won the battle then the war. Lady Luck on our side abit as well, which you need to go up. The 1% moaning need to have a long hard look at themselves, we are getting better with each game, we won’t all games until end of season, so let’s get behind the team and Evans! COYS!
No Breaks Allowed
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tmwilson » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:44 pm

I'm sure that's the last thing Evans wants . I think it prefer that the so called fans actually back the club .
We should be backing Steve in any argument he has against the officials and the opposing bench . Make it hostile for the opposition . Give them hell I say :lol:
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:44 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum