{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cumbrians scorefred sponsored by A new year winning feeling

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cumbrians scorefred sponsored by A new year winning feel

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
NumberTen wrote:Notts County score vs Port Vale to make it 1-0

they seem to be doing an exeter this year scoring late goals all the while

fantastic win for the stags, i think we’ve only lost once in like 18 games which is incredible

I've just got in and my missus said Jeff Stelling mentioned it a few times and said what a fantastic achievement.
Our fans need to stop moaning especially when others are praising us up .

Strange game
Could of been 1..0 down early doors . Should of been at least 3 up at ht . Should of been 2.2 then we score straight after . Very good first half performance . We should of killed it off . Hemmings could of had a hat trick. Hamilton was excellent first half . Made a couple of wrong decisions but terrified their defence .
Motm , Potter again
Besides Rose and Diamond coming , back I'd keep the same team .

Little disappointed with the attendance . We need to back the team from now on .

You're not allowed to mention that. Don't you know this is the poorest region in the Universe, they can't pay on the turnstiles, the club don't give out enough free tickets, etc, etc

My god, you’re dull.

Ex-squaddie inferiority syndrome alert
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:14 pm

Oh listen. Gloria is yapping.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:16 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Oh listen. Gloria is yapping.

... and there it is
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Don’t get all bunched up.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:25 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Don’t get all bunched up.

Thanks Whiffy. I’ll try not to.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:16 pm

I thought the boing when Reggie was subbed was unnecessary. As far as I know he wasn't disrespectful to the club when he left, unlike Palmer.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:28 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I thought the boing when Reggie was subbed was unnecessary. As far as I know he wasn't disrespectful to the club when he left, unlike Palmer.

Agreed. I was also miffed by it, I thought Reggie was good for us and scored some very important goals, without his goals and contributions we COULD have gone down.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:29 pm

I think booing Reggie was more to do with the scuffle with Mellis.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:45 pm

Having spent years standing on the West Stand Terraces near the dugouts with my Grandad and his friends, I can imagine a few supporters may have said something like "Change It Evans!" which is a common cry at football grounds when you concede a goal in the 2nd half and the manager has not made any substitutions. Carlisle did play better in the 2nd half after making the two substitutions at half time and they looked very likely to score before they got the penalty although CJ did have a chance to make it 3-0. However Steve Evans kept faith with his starting line up and it paid off when Alfie Potter set up Kane Hemmings for the third goal.

Steve Evans made another brave decision today (same as at Wycombe) to change the keeper. Bobby Olejnik had a good game at Wycombe and made a vital save at 1-0 and will feel disappointed to be dropped for today's game. There could have been a few fans questioning this decision when Conrad Logan conceded the penalty. It can also be concluded from Steve Evans' interview that the decision to play Bobby Olejnik at Wycombe was tactical rather than due to an illness as he talks about running out of the dressing room after giving Logan the bad news that he was not playing. It's also interesting that he praises Alfie Potter and talks about turning down offers for him but Steve has only given Alfie 10 starts in 2017.

We are employing Steve Evans as a manager to make these big decisions and he has clearly got them right at Wycombe and today. Well done Stevie. Three bags of coal for the Promotion Express.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:07 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Steve Evans made another brave decision today (same as at Wycombe) to change the keeper. Bobby Olejnik had a good game at Wycombe and made a vital save at 1-0 and will feel disappointed to be dropped for today's game. There could have been a few fans questioning this decision when Conrad Logan conceded the penalty. It can also be concluded from Steve Evans' interview that the decision to play Bobby Olejnik at Wycombe was tactical rather than due to an illness as he talks about running out of the dressing room after giving Logan the bad news that he was not playing.

Evans told me that BEFORE the game at Wycombe that Logan wanted to play but the management team decided not to play him as he had been suffering from the virus.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:11 am

Keith Curle interview at 26m 15s. A few Carlisle fans have the knives out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05r6lkw
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:16 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Keith Curle interview at 26m 15s. A few Carlisle fans have the knives out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05r6lkw

I saw Curle on his mobile phone doing this interview in the reception area of the Quarry Lane stand and thought it bizarre that they didn't do the interview face to face.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:29 am

Another Keith Curle post match interview (difficult to hear at times due to background noise)

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:14 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Another Keith Curle post match interview (difficult to hear at times due to background noise)

has he had a drink or caught our virus :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:09 am

Curle. Detestably arrogant human.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:43 am

bellwhiff wrote:Curle. Detestably arrogant human.

I don't really understand the big "love in" with Curle.

He had the best team in that division the year we got to the play-offs. He failed.

He also failed in keeping us up the season before, while also being a bell-end
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:44 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I thought the boing when Reggie was subbed was unnecessary. As far as I know he wasn't disrespectful to the club when he left, unlike Palmer.

Agreed. I was also miffed by it, I thought Reggie was good for us and scored some very important goals, without his goals and contributions we COULD have gone down.

Well that goal against Tranmere is easily the biggest/most important goal we've scored since the return to the league, no doubting that
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:53 am

Don't think there is a love in for Keith Curled just respect and embarrassment at the shifty way he was disposed of. He didn't deserve the conspiracy he suffered at the hands of you know who and his henchman.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:41 pm

Keith Curle's contract expires at the end of the season and he has a meeting this week to discuss his future at the club and whether he can sign more players in the transfer window. He did a very good job at Carlisle last season on a fairly average budget. Carlisle played some good football particularly in the first half of the season when Charlie Wyke was up front before he moved to Bradford City. He's been unlucky this season with Nicky Adams and Jason Kennedy getting injured and being out for the season.

You have to admire Keith Curle for being a grafter and being prepared to get his hands dirty. He's also managed to survive as a League Manager or Assistant Manager since 2002. He was treated very unfairly by Hasloan and Meale when he was removed as manager in November 2004 ("The Dark Days").

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-u ... dc9ea22-ds
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:30 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum