{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cumbrians scorefred sponsored by A new year winning feeling

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Cumbrians scorefred sponsored by A new year winning feeling

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:35 pm

:) Lets start the new year with a win and carry on our climb up the league .

Super Stags 3 Carlisle 0 Hemmings 2 & angol

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: Cumbrians scorefred sponsored by A new year winning feel

Postby tinman » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:00 pm

Stags 0 Carlisle 1

Pessimist or realist?

No its a historical fact after a good away win
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Wil0211 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:14 am

Just hoping the virus in the camp does not rule too many out.
Going for stags 3 carlisle 0
Wil0211
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:17 am

It's gonna be tough with the lurgy in the camp. Here's hoping no more are welded to the toilet seat tonight.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:46 am

Stags 2
Carlisle 0
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby stags1963 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:22 pm

Is Hemmings available for this game or has he gone back to Oxford.
stags1963
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:23 pm

stags1963 wrote:Is Hemmings available for this game or has he gone back to Oxford.

They’ve given permission for him to play Cardiff so I doubt very strongly that he’s gone anywhere.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:25 pm

Wil0211 wrote:Just hoping the virus in the camp does not rule too many out.
Going for stags 3 carlisle 0

Don't worry, the new signings will be playing????
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:20 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:47 pm

stags1963 wrote:Is Hemmings available for this game or has he gone back to Oxford.

Hemmings joined us for the season. We have an option to pay a set fee for him now and Oxford have the capability to recall him during this window. If neither happens then he remains here on loan.

We basically offer the cash then Hemmings would have to agree terms with us and then if he does we sign him permanent.

If Oxford were to recall him we either pay the cash and try to agree terms with him or we let him return to Oxford.

If we feel his contribution so far doesn't warrant the money and Oxford feel he won't improve them at all then he stays here.

He signed a 3 year deal at Oxford when he joined them from dundee for a fee believed to be £250k in July 2016. He still has 18 months left on that contract.

I would wager we made an enquiry and Oxford wanted their money back they paid for him Evans didn't want to pay it all out on a player who has hardly set the English league alight. So therefore we have the agreement in place now. We have the option to sign and they have the option to recall.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:18 am

gazza1988 wrote:

Hemmings joined us for the season. We have an option to pay a set fee for him now and Oxford have the capability to recall him during this window. If neither happens then he remains here on loan.

We basically offer the cash then Hemmings would have to agree terms with us and then if he does we sign him permanent.

If Oxford were to recall him we either pay the cash and try to agree terms with him or we let him return to Oxford.

If we feel his contribution so far doesn't warrant the money and Oxford feel he won't improve them at all then he stays here.

He signed a 3 year deal at Oxford when he joined them from dundee for a fee believed to be £250k in July 2016. He still has 18 months left on that contract.

I would wager we made an enquiry and Oxford wanted their money back they paid for him Evans didn't want to pay it all out on a player who has hardly set the English league alight. So therefore we have the agreement in place now. We have the option to sign and they have the option to recall.

I'm not sure where you've got the bit about the option to pay a set fee for him in January Gazza. Where is that from? Have you seen that in the Oxford press? That has not been reported from the Mansfield end as far as I recall. We might decide to offer cash at the end of the season, and it was suggested that the two clubs were more or less in agreement about how much that would be.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:00 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

I'm not sure where you've got the bit about the option to pay a set fee for him in January Gazza. Where is that from? Have you seen that in the Oxford press? That has not been reported from the Mansfield end as far as I recall. We might decide to offer cash at the end of the season, and it was suggested that the two clubs were more or less in agreement about how much that would be.

I can't remember where I've seen it but I'm 99% certain someone said that both clubs have an option on him in January. I'm sure it was on the official site. I'll trawl the stagsnet archives.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:06 am

Found it http://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetail ... ewsid=9000

select section.

Official site: "The 25-year-old has signed from the U’s on a season-long loan, with both clubs retaining an option to agree a more permanent solution for the player."

Chad (from an oxford journalist): "Hemmings joined Oxford from Dundee last summer in a move believed to be in the region of £250,000. He signed a three-year deal, netting 15 goals in 31 starts, but this loan move to Field Mill includes an option to make the switch permanent."

Chad: "Evans was unaware of a fee had already been discussed with Oxford over a potential permanent move. “I don’t know,” he said. “I think the chief executive has had those conversations. Obviously Oxford are his parent club and we have to respect that. “I think both clubs understand where it would need to be if it happened.” "

Surely you can't have the option if no fee has been agreed. I doubt Radford or Oxford would be that naive in a business sense to not have it agreed.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:10 am

Plenty of fireworks this morning at 12am. Here's hopng Evo's saved a proper good un for this afternoon which he'll let off at 3pm. :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:53 am

Hopefully the players didn’t enjoy themselves too much last night and turn up for a good performance. I’m expecting a tight game so hopefully edge this one 2-1.
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:30 am

gazza1988 wrote:Found it http://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetail ... ewsid=9000

select section.

Official site: "The 25-year-old has signed from the U’s on a season-long loan, with both clubs retaining an option to agree a more permanent solution for the player."

Chad (from an oxford journalist): "Hemmings joined Oxford from Dundee last summer in a move believed to be in the region of £250,000. He signed a three-year deal, netting 15 goals in 31 starts, but this loan move to Field Mill includes an option to make the switch permanent."

Chad: "Evans was unaware of a fee had already been discussed with Oxford over a potential permanent move. “I don’t know,” he said. “I think the chief executive has had those conversations. Obviously Oxford are his parent club and we have to respect that. “I think both clubs understand where it would need to be if it happened.” "

Surely you can't have the option if no fee has been agreed. I doubt Radford or Oxford would be that naive in a business sense to not have it agreed.

yes, I think that's referring to the end of the loan period Gazza. There is nothing to suggest it is in January that I have seen. The only reference to January I'm aware of is when Oxford can recall him. And if they want to recall him, they can do and it is out of our hands.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:38 am

If they don't want him back in January, you'd like to think a deal could be done now. That said, if it was me i wouldn't shell out on him just yet.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:25 am

Thing is though the loan deal runs out in May. Any agreement to sign a loan player permanently is included in the loan agreement where the length of loan and percentage of the payers wages to be paid by each club is determined etc etc.

If we do have a set fee we would need to activate it before expiry of the loan. I'm not 100% on the legalities of us activating a clause where we can't sign said player (because it would be outside transfer window) and the transfer window opening after the loan contract has expired.

It's a bit irrelevant though because of a future fee is included (which is pretty obvious it is) then we can block a recall by paying the cash.

They will have a 24/48 recall in which time we need to either offer the cash or let him go.

Is Hemmings worth a potential £200k+ doesn't leave us with much wiggle room for profit. Note: the figure is a pure guess on my part, I assume they'd want their money back they paid for him
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:34 am

gazza1988 wrote:They will have a 24/48 recall in which time we need to either offer the cash or let him go.

I'm not sure if you are saying they can recall him at 24 hours notice. If you are, I don't think that's true. They can recall him in January, or not at all.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Yes, players can only be recalled during the transfer window I believe. I meant that they must give 24/48 hours notice during the window. In which case we must table the agreed price and agree terms with Hemmings to keep him here.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:28 pm

Gazza, you can do a deal for a player at anytime. But the registration can only happen in the windows. Like with the lad from Southampton to Liverpool. The deal was agreed and announced days ago.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:40 pm

I know you can, I referred to it above. However that was a couple of days before the January window opened. Say kane bags the goals and we agree to sign him for the agreed price in April. Then he gets a serious injury. We then have to sign a injured player.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:50 pm

Anyhow, back to the match! ;)

I'll go 1-0 to Stags.

Angol scores late in 2nd half, after we waste numerous times at scoring and Carlisle also miss a few guilt edged chances.

That way, we get 3pts and the missed opportunities give the whiners plenty to groan about - everyone's happy! :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:00 pm

Big, big game today, we need to back up that great result at Wycombe and get into the play off places. Not going to be easy, Carlisle were on a good run before their defeat on Sat.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:23 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I know you can, I referred to it above. However that was a couple of days before the January window opened. Say kane bags the goals and we agree to sign him for the agreed price in April. Then he gets a serious injury. We then have to sign a injured player.

That depends on the deal and contract between the clubs... The registration can't go through in April, so it would depend how the agreement was worded or if any clauses existed. You seem to be getting very hung up on hypotheticals...

The scenario you mention would be the same for anyone where you agree a fee before you can complete the transfer. The devil would be in the detail and we never get the full details.

I just hope we don't spend money on him in January, it would be a waste and we might want better next year in L1 :)
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum