{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Morecambe v Yeovil commentary

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Morecambe v Yeovil commentary

Postby Rob » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:41 pm

Spiritater wrote:Love Ellison except when he's playing against us. Wish we'd had moved mountains to get him in his prime.

I've always thought we should sign him and I know it's not going to happen, but I would sign him now as an impact player, he's still fit as a butchers cat ;)
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:48 pm

Rob wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Love Ellison except when he's playing against us. Wish we'd had moved mountains to get him in his prime.

I've always thought we should sign him and I know it's not going to happen, but I would sign him now as an impact player, he's still fit as a butchers cat ;)

No.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:43 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
stag861 wrote:Martin, as the man who knows everything, two questions.
1. Why play this match on a Friday night?
2. How many Yeovil fans where there?

you're too kind!
1. I never heard a reason given anywhere, so I would simply guess that they wanted to even out the gap between matches (3 days from Boxing Day to Friday, and 3 days to New Years Day). Sensible from that aspect. The BBC Somerset commentators did mention that Yeovil would have an advantage for Monday having had more time to recover.
2. The commentators did not give that out, nor is it on the official report from either club. But not many.

92 Yeovil fans
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum