{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching on

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:50 pm

Big yella wrote:So wished I'd been there to see that ponce Ainsworths face.


He is a foppish belmer.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11354
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:07 pm

Massive result! I went to the Grimsby game, and we were unlucky not to get 3pts there as well. If we beat Carlisle on Monday, that will put right up there. Also helps with any potential signings in January, they’ll want to come to teams who are competing near top. Let’s get behind the boys & steve, and stop any negativity either on here or at games!
No Breaks Allowed
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:49 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby Steve North » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:15 pm

Norman wrote:Horrible feeling were going to get battered today!


Have you ever considered a career as a football pundit ?
Steve North
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:08 am

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:16 pm

Fantastic win today. Second game in a row we have put in a great second half display after a dissapointing first half - if we start playing like that for 90 minutes we will fly up the league. Wycombe couldn't live with us for large spells of the 2nd half, they didn't know what hit them!

Glad to see Evans keeping Mellis on the pitch. You have to win the battle before your better footballers can start playing, and that's been very much the case at Grimsby and today. Once we had a foothold our technical players got the job done! On to Monday!
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:27 pm

Re-read pages 3 & 4 of this thread out loud, in a high falcetto voice, then picture the poster standing on a chair hoisting their petticoats, as if a mouse were loose in the kitchen.

It's the only way to handle Stagsnet. ;)
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6186
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby Herts Stag » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:34 pm

Amazing turn around after a dire first half performance. Feared the worst after the end of the first half when we looked so disjointed and with the midfield being powder puff. But what a difference 15 minutes can make. We came out in the second half, played some lovely football and thoroughly deserved the victory despite the plonker of a referee, Chris Sargisson. He was shocking.

Players that deserve a mention:
1. Mal Benning who was tremendous going forward and his distribution was excellent. He should keep his place in the team.
2. Paul Anderson -excellent playing in the wing-back position in both halves
3. Lee Angol- frustrating first half and was in danger of getting a red card because he was doing what Akinfenwe was doing all game but getting away with it because he's a massive unit. A great finish to am excellent move.
4. Alfie Potter - well done Alfie your work rate was fantastic. Would love to see you get an extended run in the side.
5. Kane Hemmings - would love to see him stay with us because he is starting to show what he all about

What a second half performance from the boys. Made me tingle. Proud of you all and the travelling fans.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby Bros » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:47 pm

Can Mr. Evans please give his half time team talk before the match next time
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:53 pm

:)



User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4411
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby Im not the real OND » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:28 pm

Great result! As others have said, a win was vital today.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby The One » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Went with the lady. Great second half and could not pick man of the match. Had definite penalty appeal turned down by a very poor ref.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9458
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby Spiritater » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Herts Stag wrote:Amazing turn around after a dire first half performance. Feared the worst after the end of the first half when we looked so disjointed and with the midfield being powder puff. But what a difference 15 minutes can make. We came out in the second half, played some lovely football and thoroughly deserved the victory despite the plonker of a referee, Chris Sargisson. He was shocking.

Players that deserve a mention:
1. Mal Benning who was tremendous going forward and his distribution was excellent. He should keep his place in the team.
2. Paul Anderson -excellent playing in the wing-back position in both halves
3. Lee Angol- frustrating first half and was in danger of getting a red card because he was doing what Akinfenwe was doing all game but getting away with it because he's a massive unit. A great finish to am excellent move.
4. Alfie Potter - well done Alfie your work rate was fantastic. Would love to see you get an extended run in the side.
5. Kane Hemmings - would love to see him stay with us because he is starting to show what he all about

What a second half performance from the boys. Made me tingle. Proud of you all and the travelling fans.


As I said when Benning was the latest boo boy on here, that Mal is better than his dip. He gives us more than Hunt in an attacking sense.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 17566
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby abc » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:48 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Herts Stag wrote:Amazing turn around after a dire first half performance. Feared the worst after the end of the first half when we looked so disjointed and with the midfield being powder puff. But what a difference 15 minutes can make. We came out in the second half, played some lovely football and thoroughly deserved the victory despite the plonker of a referee, Chris Sargisson. He was shocking.

Players that deserve a mention:
1. Mal Benning who was tremendous going forward and his distribution was excellent. He should keep his place in the team.
2. Paul Anderson -excellent playing in the wing-back position in both halves
3. Lee Angol- frustrating first half and was in danger of getting a red card because he was doing what Akinfenwe was doing all game but getting away with it because he's a massive unit. A great finish to am excellent move.
4. Alfie Potter - well done Alfie your work rate was fantastic. Would love to see you get an extended run in the side.
5. Kane Hemmings - would love to see him stay with us because he is starting to show what he all about

What a second half performance from the boys. Made me tingle. Proud of you all and the travelling fans.


As I said when Benning was the latest boo boy on here, that Mal is better than his dip. He gives us more than Hunt in an attacking sense.


You are quite right Benning is far better going forward, just a shame he can't defend.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby Herts Stag » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:06 pm

As it’s pantomime season OH YES HE CAN
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby part time pete » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:25 pm

Excellent second half performance, but at half time I said that we would play better in second half as the conditions were with us in second half.

Folk who were not at the game didn’t realise the strength of the wind blowing down the ground .

The reason why we could not get out of our half in first half was that Wycombe played the conditions perfectly.

Second half we played the conditions perfectly and should have scored more than the two we scored.

I suppose Wycombe could have scored more first half but we defended well and Bobby made a super save from a blistering shot after the ball came back off a post.
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby AndyStag » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:43 pm

abc wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Herts Stag wrote:Amazing turn around after a dire first half performance. Feared the worst after the end of the first half when we looked so disjointed and with the midfield being powder puff. But what a difference 15 minutes can make. We came out in the second half, played some lovely football and thoroughly deserved the victory despite the plonker of a referee, Chris Sargisson. He was shocking.

Players that deserve a mention:
1. Mal Benning who was tremendous going forward and his distribution was excellent. He should keep his place in the team.
2. Paul Anderson -excellent playing in the wing-back position in both halves
3. Lee Angol- frustrating first half and was in danger of getting a red card because he was doing what Akinfenwe was doing all game but getting away with it because he's a massive unit. A great finish to am excellent move.
4. Alfie Potter - well done Alfie your work rate was fantastic. Would love to see you get an extended run in the side.
5. Kane Hemmings - would love to see him stay with us because he is starting to show what he all about

What a second half performance from the boys. Made me tingle. Proud of you all and the travelling fans.


As I said when Benning was the latest boo boy on here, that Mal is better than his dip. He gives us more than Hunt in an attacking sense.


You are quite right Benning is far better going forward, just a shame he can't defend.


Give over. Mal adds far more to the team than Hunt. Another Stagsnet myth about his defending too. If somebody gives an opinion it becomes self-perpetuating.
AndyStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby abc » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 pm

AndyStag wrote:
abc wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Herts Stag wrote:Amazing turn around after a dire first half performance. Feared the worst after the end of the first half when we looked so disjointed and with the midfield being powder puff. But what a difference 15 minutes can make. We came out in the second half, played some lovely football and thoroughly deserved the victory despite the plonker of a referee, Chris Sargisson. He was shocking.

Players that deserve a mention:
1. Mal Benning who was tremendous going forward and his distribution was excellent. He should keep his place in the team.
2. Paul Anderson -excellent playing in the wing-back position in both halves
3. Lee Angol- frustrating first half and was in danger of getting a red card because he was doing what Akinfenwe was doing all game but getting away with it because he's a massive unit. A great finish to am excellent move.
4. Alfie Potter - well done Alfie your work rate was fantastic. Would love to see you get an extended run in the side.
5. Kane Hemmings - would love to see him stay with us because he is starting to show what he all about

What a second half performance from the boys. Made me tingle. Proud of you all and the travelling fans.


As I said when Benning was the latest boo boy on here, that Mal is better than his dip. He gives us more than Hunt in an attacking sense.


You are quite right Benning is far better going forward, just a shame he can't defend.


Give over. Mal adds far more to the team than Hunt. Another Stagsnet myth about his defending too. If somebody gives an opinion it becomes self-perpetuating.


Sorry, he's a wonderful defender .
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby AndyStag » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:57 pm

He's a lower league defender in a 4th division team. Back your point up with some facts instead of sarcasm and you may have an argument. Apology accepted by the way.
AndyStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:58 pm

:)

User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4411
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby abc » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:05 pm

AndyStag wrote:He's a lower league defender in a 4th division team. Back your point up with some facts instead of sarcasm and you may have an argument. Apology accepted by the way.


As I said previously imo he is good going forward. In most games however he gets caught out and can be a liability, I've still got a recording of the Shaw Lane game and his performance in that game for example,even against a much lower level team was awful.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:07 pm

:)

User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4411
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby AndyStag » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:08 pm

abc wrote:
AndyStag wrote:He's a lower league defender in a 4th division team. Back your point up with some facts instead of sarcasm and you may have an argument. Apology accepted by the way.


As I said previously imo he is good going forward. In most games however he gets caught out and can be a liability, I've still got a recording of the Shaw Lane game and his performance in that game for example,even against a much lower level team was awful.


We could argue this all night and probably not agree but would you have Hunt in instead of Benning? It would be Benning for me every time.
AndyStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:08 pm

abc wrote:
AndyStag wrote:He's a lower league defender in a 4th division team. Back your point up with some facts instead of sarcasm and you may have an argument. Apology accepted by the way.


As I said previously imo he is good going forward. In most games however he gets caught out and can be a liability, I've still got a recording of the Shaw Lane game and his performance in that game for example,even against a much lower level team was awful.



Can’t judge a footballers ability from one poor performance. He’s going to make mistakes or have poor games because he’s a league two player, and we’re a league two team. Hunt and Benning are both good left backs, but offer different styles of play. I prefer benning over hunt
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby abc » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:17 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
abc wrote:
AndyStag wrote:He's a lower league defender in a 4th division team. Back your point up with some facts instead of sarcasm and you may have an argument. Apology accepted by the way.


As I said previously imo he is good going forward. In most games however he gets caught out and can be a liability, I've still got a recording of the Shaw Lane game and his performance in that game for example,even against a much lower level team was awful.



Can’t judge a footballers ability from one poor performance. He’s going to make mistakes or have poor games because he’s a league two player, and we’re a league two team. Hunt and Benning are both good left backs, but offer different styles of play. I prefer benning over hunt


Of course I'm not going on one flipping game it was just an example. Imo left back is the one position where both players are weak.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby Norman » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:35 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Norman wrote:Horrible feeling were going to get battered today!


Must be a major disappointment for you.


Don’t be silly Belly always pleased to be proved wrong with the Stags. Fantastic win !
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Re: Chairboys scorefred sponsored by Super Stags go marching

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:33 am

part time pete wrote:Excellent second half performance, but at half time I said that we would play better in second half as the conditions were with us in second half.

Folk who were not at the game didn’t realise the strength of the wind blowing down the ground .

The reason why we could not get out of our half in first half was that Wycombe played the conditions perfectly.

Second half we played the conditions perfectly and should have scored more than the two we scored.

I suppose Wycombe could have scored more first half but we defended well and Bobby made a super save from a blistering shot after the ball came back off a post.


Said exactly the same at half time. I could see us scraping a result in the second half ,but we did not scrape a result we thoroughly deserved the win . A game of two halves does not do the performance justice . They were a lot better than us first half but we totally dominated the second .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
User avatar
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 16 guests