{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby Marky Mark » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Jamie wrote:Its always said on here about him doing so and so to get more money, and its based on nothing...

I'm in the camp of being pretty pleased with being 3 points off 3rd, hopeful we'll improve 2nd half of the season but just frustrated and some pretty disappointed with whats being surved up.

Evans has to accept he's ramped up expectation levels, and the crowd is frustrated at a good team (on paper) not really firing. That said, we need the kind of atmosphere turn around we had under Coxy. Let's get behind them more and try and help like we did then.

I'm also happy with where we are, we've got a good base to move it up a couple of gears in the second half of the season. However I will say that our position, with the players he's been allowed to bring in and money he's been allowed to spend, is around the minimum expected. With such a strong squad the tea lady could have picked the starting XI out of a hat every week and got them to within one point of the play offs after half of the season. In the second half of the season Evans has got to show why he's different.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:55 pm

If we lose as many in the 2nd half of the season n turn the draws into wins we'll be promototed before we play the sheep molesters.

Stevie n Paul need everyone pulling in the same direction... if your one of these fans who get frustrated over minor decision you don't agree with take a walk to the toilets for 5 minutes instead of jumping around shouting at the other 3000 people who want to support Stevie Paul n the team.

Have a great New Year my fellow fans stay safe n save some money for the Stag promotion party in May
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:55 pm

I am very optimistic based on how few games we have lost, we just need to string a run together and there is everything to play for. If we become more consistent, we can make it into the automatic promotion places. Lincoln have won won 4/5 and are in that position so there is no reason we can’t do it.
Everyone needs to get behind the boys starting with Wycombe on Saturday, the second half support at Grimsby was great and we need to repeat this.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:42 pm

Most would have been happy with 3rd - 5th around this time of year. Based on that we're 3-5 pts adrift from the anticipated tally, based on that we're more or less on track.

Our +GF and ability to grind out draws is causing some concern, but the line between perceived success and our current position is paper thin. Minor changes could be all that's needed - we're just missing some bite in midfield and 1+ players to chip in with goals.

Whether SE can sort this is what I'll judge him for, not our 'so near so far' season to date. Failing that B&Q currently have a sale on nails, rope and 4x4 planks if any critics are interested :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:09 pm

The frustration to me is that we’ve not lived up to the hype often enough but yet we find ourselves 3 points from third. Optimistically there will be investment in January and Steve should know what type of player he needs and who he wants, time will tell if he gets it and how much the competition improves.
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:12 pm

his problem is plain to see from day one, he didn’t get his strikers in, make the mistake in January and he will be gone in May.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum